English powerplay assess. (1 Viewer)

jac-E

Hi guys..
Okay this week is going to be sooo bad for me.. I have 4 assessments happenin but on tues nite im goin to the jarule concert--i know silly silly but i booked it b4 i got the assessments. Anyway, I don't know how im gonna get thru all these assessments coz im gonna be so buggered after the concert...anyway ill get to the point---im stressing bout an english assessment i have...i have to present my thoughts on one aspect of power based on my observations of Julius Caesar and one other text of my own choosing I was thinking of talking about manipulation as a tool for gaining power. For some reason tho im havin a huge mental blank and cant put pen to paper...so if u guys have ANY tips for this assessment or any solid ideas and material I could use I would so greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks so much~
jacqui

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by jac-E
anyway ill get to the point---im stressing bout an english assessment i have...i have to present my thoughts on one aspect of power based on my observations of Julius Caesar and one other text of my own choosing I was thinking of talking about manipulation as a tool for gaining power. For some reason tho im havin a huge mental blank and cant put pen to paper...so if u guys have ANY tips for this assessment or any solid ideas and material I could use I would so greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks so much~
jacqui
Hi jacqui

Someone will move this topic to the English (Advanced) forum eventually ;)

I did powerplay, but 1984 not JC. I have done JC before though. I agree you need a thesis of some sort to connect your argument, you might try something about the way in which politicians manipulate the mob :). You need to find a related text or two that have a similar scenario, a power struggle of some sort. The corrupting effect of power is another possibility - contrast Julius with a ruler who had power but did not seek to abuse it, or whose succession was less violent...

kocean

we did a julius caesar powerplay assessment recently too. i think the manipulation thing is a good idea. make sure u use the orations (brutus and antony) as they both show manipulation and use lots of techniques. also for a related text try and find a political cartoon like in the newspaper about manipulation. there hsould be lots around now cos of the war. good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)