The difference between a feature article and a newspaper article ? (1 Viewer)

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
I was just wondering what is the difference between a feature article and a newspaper article? To me it seems that newspaper articles are much more formal and present the facts more often..but other than that ive got no idea

thx

lfc_reds2003

indeed

a feature article would have more flair and creative licence
a newspaper article would present facts about a recent event or issue

for HSC feature articles are the ojnly of these that they can ask cos that allows you to use related texts and all that jaszz whereas a newspaper clearly wouldnt

A l

HSC
N/A
taco man said:
I was just wondering what is the difference between a feature article and a newspaper article? To me it seems that newspaper articles are much more formal and present the facts more often..but other than that ive got no idea
Newspaper articles serve the purpose of informing the audience of a particular event or issue. Yes, the language is often formal, simple and factual. Feature articles can be about anything. They can have a narrower target audience than newspaper articles. Feature articles are often emotive and subjective. They can entertain and persuade as well as inform. They can go beyond the information provided by newspaper articles and take on a particular side. Feature articles don't go out of date as quickly as most newspaper articles.
Think about it this way. Your 6pm news in writing would be newspaper articles (e.g. Seven news & National Nine news) and your 6:30pm current affairs in writing would be feature articles (e.g Today Tonight & A Current Affairs). Note, how your 6pm news would generally inform, and your 6:30pm current affairs would explore a particular side to an event or issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)