Section 3 - Focus Studies (1 Viewer)

Marquis

HSC
Exactly as i'd predicted. Law Reform XD
18 (a), 19 (a).

Robbo1872

HSC
19a and 20a

Pretty much "Tell us everything u know about the topic and how it came to be and when."

AB2006

HSC
I found the questions good, they were open, but not too open (ie in Shelter had to keep relating it back to protecting the individual buyer / leaser).

Quite happy with them - see how I go.

trev_2541

HSC
Question 20 a and 25a both were fine

Cheering, lets thank God that they screwed up last yrs paper so this year was conservative !

atreus

HSC
i did consumers and workplace, both Question a. i was hoping for law reform, espeecially for workplace, cos its easy to relate every issues to reform. i just didnt have time to check over my essays though, and found it hard ot incorporate cases cos i was rushing.

mmc754

HSC
ummm dunno what numbers but it was Family a) and World Order b)... pretty happy with the questions .. specially for someone as un-prepared as I was lol.. I ran out of time tho :(

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
what were the consumers and family questions this year?

so-nee-a

HSC
family essays were good. easily adaptable with anything really...

kezz_xxxx

HSC
Family and Global Environment. Both part (a).

I had a feeling it would be law reform so I was happy :)

HSC
I do World Order and Indigenous Peoples. I chose a) for both of them the 'law reform' one... i don't even know what I was talking about half the time...:confused: :bomb:

tastypork

HSC
I did (b) for both Consumers and Family. Looks like I'm in the minority? Somehow dispute mechanisms achieving justice looked easier than law reform to me... Filled a booklet for each but now that I think about it, I'm worried I interpreted it wrong. I took dispute resolution mechanisms to mean anything to do with how in family law for example, disputes about maintenence are handled by the Child Support Agency, and in consumers how the law deals with handling consumer issues/disputes that arise like specific legislation and regulation mechanisms which apply to say financing a purchase as well mentioning as the "alternative" dispute mechanisms like mediation -- oh man, I hope the entire essay wasn't just meant to be on these alternate ones was it? :confused: Anyway, hoping for the best...

goan_crazywhat were the consumers and family questions this year?
Consumers were:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of law reform in achieving justice for consumers, including how the law regulates manufacturers
- Evaluate the effectiveness of dispute resolution methods in achieving justice for consumers, including how the law protects manufacturers
Family, same but the first - include a discussion of alternative arrangements and in the second - include a disscussion on how the law responds to domestic violence

Something to that effect anyway.

Nat_nat

i did a.) for consumers
and i did b.) for family...

the law reform for consumers easily fit into regulation of businesses
and the dispute resoultion for family...so easy..talk about divorce children, ADR improving access and resource fficiency :rofl:

poopoohead

HSC
a) for both consumers and family

wrote 11 pages for family. i was really happy. i usually dont write that much. but i reckon my family essay was really good

consumer was ok- wrote 9. but yeah i did pretty well

i was really worried about legal for some reason- i was afraid of forgetting everything in the exam. but i didnt. it was all good

so-nee-a

HSC
tastypork said:
I did (b) for both Consumers and Family. Looks like I'm in the minority?
yea i did b for consumers i think.. i couldn't be bothered with new law reforms.

simone.d17

HSC
tastypork said:
I took dispute resolution mechanisms to mean anything to do with how in family law for example, disputes about maintenence are handled by the Child Support Agency, and in consumers how the law deals with handling consumer issues/disputes that arise like specific legislation and regulation mechanisms which apply to say financing a purchase as well mentioning as the "alternative" dispute mechanisms like mediation [-- quote]

Don't worry that it is the correct interpretation of dispute resolution mechanisms for family. I knew that after the family law reform since 1995 that would ask a question on reform so i did smashing in that 2 full booklets for that one

World order was great too. I was going to do reform with world order but I decided that I couldn't remember enough about the agencies for reform eg: parliaments! So I decided to go with B for this one which was so good! I loved it! BEST EXAM EVER!!!!

HaViLy

HSC
i loved it! very open pretty much, as someone else said simply tell us all that u know

i did 18a) 19a) family and consumers

as i said loved it

13 pages consumers - 18 pages family

it's over!

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
tastypork said:
I did (b) for both Consumers and Family. Looks like I'm in the minority? Somehow dispute mechanisms achieving justice looked easier than law reform to me... Filled a booklet for each but now that I think about it, I'm worried I interpreted it wrong. I took dispute resolution mechanisms to mean anything to do with how in family law for example, disputes about maintenence are handled by the Child Support Agency, and in consumers how the law deals with handling consumer issues/disputes that arise like specific legislation and regulation mechanisms which apply to say financing a purchase as well mentioning as the "alternative" dispute mechanisms like mediation -- oh man, I hope the entire essay wasn't just meant to be on these alternate ones was it? :confused: Anyway, hoping for the best...

Consumers were:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of law reform in achieving justice for consumers, including how the law regulates manufacturers
- Evaluate the effectiveness of dispute resolution methods in achieving justice for consumers, including how the law protects manufacturers
Family, same but the first - include a discussion of alternative arrangements and in the second - include a disscussion on how the law responds to domestic violence

Something to that effect anyway.
Haha don't worry I shall join you in the minority :) b in consumers and family... but God knows what I talked about lol legal didn't count for me so I did a rock-up, no study job... but nah it didn't say "alternative" resolutions so no the essays wouldn't be just on them, and if it was... then I'm going down to the Board of studies and turkey slapping whoever wrote those questions lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)