Does bio-oil really work for reducing pimple scars? (1 Viewer)

Cidiv

HSC
N/A
I've a pimple scar problem. I've got pimple scars dating back to maybe 2 years along with recent ones.
I have been applying bio oil for almost 2 weeks now, and the pimple scars are still there. I could see a bit of a scar reduction on some of my scars (i think) but I have also developed some pimples. I'm not sure as to whether I have developed these pimples as a result of using bio-oil or whether they are from eating chocolate (i tend to get break outs when i eat chocolate), stress (I've been under stress lately) etc.
I have a few questions (Sorry I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys).
1. Is bio-oil considered a moisturizer?
2. Are you supposed or not supposed to apply bio oil on a whitehead/pimple found on the face?
3. Is it more than likely that bio-oil has contributed to pimple outbreaks on my face(I'm also 19 years of age, hence pimples are common for this age group)? NB: I've been applying heaps of bio-oil onto my face though. If you apply a lot of it onto the face, does that increase the chances of getting a pimple outbreak?
4. The most important question - Will bio-oil help make these scars become unnoticeable and if so, am i crazy to expect to see them gone with only 2 weeks of treatment?

Thank you for your time. I really want to get rid of my pimple scars but at the same time I don't want to develop anymore pimple outbreaks.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
i use to use Bio oil, for me it does cause more acne break out lol. Just go on an-ti biotics and get rid of the acne first. If your scar is really that bad, you could always get laser surgeory later in life.

CieL

HSC
2wks isnt long enough for your skin to heal.
It's not an instant cure and will take time..

I remember there was bio-oil discussion in some other thread in here.. and some girl [I think it was an admin] that talked about how good bio-oil was..

HSC
N/A
Yes, 2 weeks is a ridiculously short amount of time to see results.

Scars go deep... give it 6 months at least.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah its not an overnight success but gradually, youll see them get lighter and lighter
i use a product called lalisse (sp?) and it worked wonders for me...probably saw the results after a month of constantly using them

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
theres actually a scar traetment creme marketed by galderma i think specifically designed for that sort of stuff

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
bio-oil is a miracle. I got burnt from laser hair removal, and I applied bio-oil straight away, and used it for awhile. No scarring! Yey!

Like others have said, it's not going to work over night. Give it some time. Acne scars go incredibly deep and it takes a long time for them to vanish. Sometimes, never at all. But I suggest u keep perservering with bio-oil. If you've had a reaction to it, obviously stop using it. But it won't hurt to keep trying.

xoxo

HSC
well, i used bio oil on my face for a while and it did make me break out heaps more. then again, i know someone [a guy] who was able to use it on his face and he loves it. If you have oily skin i would say that would be thr problem as i have kinda of oily skin and i guess the whole greasy oil thing just made the problem worse.

i definitely recommend it for use on the body but. i have had an operation on my stomach and my scars from that have pretty much gone thanks to bio oil.

im not sure whether or not you should use it as a substitute for a moisturiser [along that topic, ALWAYS use a moisturiser even if ur skin is oily]

my suggestion is go have a chat with your doctor or get a referal to see a dermatologist. they can assess your skin and suggest the best ways to treat your acne. they could give you a range of things from tablets to topical creams but they would probably be the best people to go to for advice.

and also as others have said, 2 weeks is definitely not enough to see progress. my doctor told me soemthing about your skin 'cycle' takes 6 to 8 weeks - so dont expect to see dramatic results till a long time after that

Xx

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Vitamin E works too.
Squeeze some of it out of the capsule and rub it on the scar, then take the rest of the capsule. My pimple scars are mostly gone now, only one or two of the more serious ones are left, and they're much lighter than before. It didn't make me break out, either (but then that may be because my pimples are just hormonal. Once a month I get a few nasty ones).

x.glam

HSC
it take time to greadually heal. so have patience.
you can get it at most pharmacy and at target.

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
thanx for posting the link on mederma... i'll definetly look into it!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)