Formal Thread (pics, websites, ideas, thoughts) (1 Viewer)

gloworm14

HSC
N/A

xJennax

HSC
Ooh nice dress. :)

I don't know what kind of dress I'll wear yet...I'm thinking a nice blue or aqua colour though. Hair, not sure yet either it will depend on the dress.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
xJennax said:
Ooh nice dress. :)

I don't know what kind of dress I'll wear yet...I'm thinking a nice blue or aqua colour though. Hair, not sure yet either it will depend on the dress.
Thankyou :)
Im thinking of wearing black heels with minimal accessories
Hair: volumous curls with maybe a shiny clip or something
Makeup: smoky eyes but tossing up on the red lips (might be too OTT) or just nude shade.

By the way, check out these shoes websites:
http://www.zushoe.com.au
http://www.zoomaustralia.com.au/
http://www.wittner.com.au/shop/home.aspx

they have pretty hot shoes!!!:eek:

xJennax

HSC
Yeah that sounds nice. :) The curls would definitely suit that dress!

Ahhh I'm drooling over the shoes lol.

I love these kind of shoes:

Here's a cool site to help pick dresses or different body types. If you click on the picture a whole lot of dresses will come up.

http://www.promgirl.com/shop/body_types

Last edited:

michael1990

HSC
I think i may get a tailored suit this year. :)

But from where?

lolcal

buy my notes
HSC
N/A
michael1990 said:
I think i may get a tailored suit this year. :)

But from where?
your style is rebel sport, rock it out.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
that's a hot dress glowworm.

i'm kind of bitter about the formal right now cause it's $120 per head. add to that the cost of dress, hair, makeup, limo and afters, and this is one fucking expensive night :/

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
that's a hot dress glowworm.

i'm kind of bitter about the formal right now cause it's $120 per head. add to that the cost of dress, hair, makeup, limo and afters, and this is one fucking expensive night :/
i was planning to go cheapo but ZOMG THAT DRESS IS SO FCKING HOT LOL
umm.. anyways yeh everything adds up in the end.
our tickets are $80, but with fundraising etc it will probably end up being a bit cheaper...
im thinking of going to a MAC counter to do the makeup.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I'm no good with this kinda stuff but I think I would go with a silky dress short at the front and long at the back to show off some leg. And with some heels. Maybe with curled hair. I want my dress to swayyy .. lol

CrashTragic

Whatever
HSC
mle43 said:
i really like this dress

not willing to spend $1000 on it though
That is an awesome dress. The skirt reminds me of Grace Kelly's outfit in "Rear Window". I like the shoes too.

$1000 is a lot though, I agree.

I'd probably get my dress from eBay, op shops or vintage stores in Newtown. I seem to like old style dresses... ^^

sasa-o8

HSC
xJennax said:
Here's a cool site to help pick dresses or different body types. If you click on the picture a whole lot of dresses will come up.

http://www.promgirl.com/shop/body_types
Thanks for the site...found my DREAM dress on there! HAHA, but too bad I don't know how it'll look on me :( But it is t3h absolute s3kS!! Now I have very high expectations to find something half as decent as that! :(

DREAM DRESS:

STYLE: Classical, stylish

DRESS: purple, dark blue, grey or gold with the bottom hem like the above (uneven). Wouldn't like a revealing bustline. (Mental note to self: must lose weight -_-")

SHOES: I'm not a real shoes person so any pair that matches the colour of the dress is fine by me...keeping the shoe budget low :D

ACCESORIES: Just a plain pretty silver/gold necklace and perhaps some bangles or a bracelet. not sure yet. Bag should be big enough to fit my essentials: wallet, mobile, camera, makeup bits and pieces, mints.

HAIR: Curls :D Maybe a tiara, but I'm having second thoughts....does it look too tacky or too stuck-up? :confused:

MAKE UP: Planning to get it done at MAC, but would have to see if my budget permits. More $$ on dress + after party = less chance of getting make up done :( Btw, I heard Inglot is really shit, so don't bother going there unless you want to look like a drag queen on your formal night.

Edit: mle43: hahah!! I didn't see that post when I started replying so I guess we have the same taste ;) It's totally gorgeous...I think alot of girls would like it too . Now...where to find one similar in AUS? :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)