Why do white people tan? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
This is the biggest mystery to me, Asians want to be as pale as possible, since white is beautiful, yet white people want to tan themselves?

I have never seen a white girl using umbrella under the scotching Australian sun to protect themselves from tanning.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Because most white people look better tanned, whereas asians look more poverty-tier asian when tanned.

asparagus

HSC
N/A
This is the biggest mystery to me, Asians want to be as pale as possible, since white is beautiful, yet white people want to tan themselves?

I have never seen a white girl using umbrella under the scotching Australian sun to protect themselves from tanning.
because walking to the shops or to the car isn't going to give you skin cancer. And most people wear sunscreen anyway if they're going to be outside. I always keep sunscreen in my car and backpack in case I ever get caught in a situation where I feel I might be outside too much in summer.

Also, tanning isn't actually that bad, when skin gets lightly tanned it builds up a moderate defence to UV rays, which prevent someone from being sunburned. White people also tan because they need to. White people have skin that more easily soaks up uv light and vitamin d because in Europe the sun isn't hotter. Therefore it becomes necessary for skin to tan when exposed to prolonged UV exposure if we are not to become deficient during the colder periods.

There are cultural reasons why white and Asian people differ.

Firstly, Asian societies generally associate lighter skin with higher castes, and darker skin with lower. As working in manual labour was the lowest form of social strata, and pale skin was a feature of nobility or at least being middle class enough to not work outdoors in the hot sun.

European people generally come from colder countries. European people used to wear wigs and face powder made from arsenic that would lighten the skin. Again, white skin was for women associated with being of a higher class. The fashion for tanned skin originated during the British empire where the british royal family would visit its dominions and come back with tanned skin. It was at this point that having tanned skin carried about its cultural meaning that if you had somewhat tanned skin it meant that you lived in a social class that allowed you to pursue leisure pursuits such as travel.

It is important for all people to have some degree of expsosure to the sun. For instance, women who wear burkas are more likely to have children that are bowlegged or have rickets.

Vitamin D is actually a vitamin most associated with preventing cancers and other degenerative diseases, including some forms or mental illness such as depression from seasonal affective disorder.

Last edited:

financialwar

HSC
N/A
because walking to the shops or to the car isn't going to give you skin cancer. And most people wear sunscreen anyway if they're going to be outside. I always keep sunscreen in my car and backpack in case I ever get caught in a situation where I feel I might be outside too much in summer.

Also, tanning isn't actually that bad, when skin gets lightly tanned it builds up a moderate defence to UV rays, which prevent someone from being sunburned. White people also tan because they need to. White people have skin that more easily soaks up uv light and vitamin d because in Europe the sun isn't hotter. Therefore it becomes necessary for skin to tan when exposed to prolonged UV exposure if we are not to become deficient during the colder periods.

There are cultural reasons why white and Asian people differ.

Firstly, Asian societies generally associate lighter skin with higher castes, and darker skin with lower. As working in manual labour was the lowest form of social strata, and pale skin was a feature of nobility or at least being middle class enough to not work outdoors in the hot sun.

European people generally come from colder countries. European people used to wear wigs and face powder made from arsenic that would lighten the skin. Again, white skin was for women associated with being of a higher class. The fashion for tanned skin originated during the British empire where the british royal family would visit its dominions and come back with tanned skin. It was at this point that having tanned skin carried about its cultural meaning that if you had somewhat tanned skin it meant that you lived in a social class that allowed you to pursue leisure pursuits such as travel.

It is important for all people to have some degree of expsosure to the sun. For instance, women who wear burkas are more likely to have children that are bowlegged or have rickets.

Vitamin D is actually a vitamin most associated with preventing cancers and other degenerative diseases, including some forms or mental illness such as depression from seasonal affective disorder.
Eat your own words lol. Australia, worst skin cancer country in the world.

Keeping on tanning bitches, who does like to become orange and black spotted when you get cancer like a leopard.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Because most white people look better tanned, whereas asians look more poverty-tier asian when tanned.
What you talking about? Asian girls looks better when white, white girls looks better when white, black girls look better when whiter, brown girls look better when white. Iphone looks better when white. Snow white looks better when white. Everything looks better when white.

The only three things that looks better when black are Thinkpads, Mercedes and business suit.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I think chinese/koreans/japanese girls look very good with a slight tan or fully white skin.... lol. I think those 3 types are the better type of asian girls

Despite me being half thai, i never really have any interest with thai or any southeast asian/middle east girls whatsoever

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I, as an Asian for one enjoy the brownness of my skin. :3

FlyingKanga

HSC
It's good that you've managed to come to terms with the poor genetic hand you've been dealt.
That's quite a discrete way of saying "F you" to Asians. Good job for being a douchebag once again!

FlyingKanga

HSC
How disadvantaged I am indeed for having brown skin to decrease chances of sunburn and cancer.. At least you're not denying your douchery, that's a step in the right direction. :]

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
How disadvantaged I am indeed for having brown skin to decrease chances of sunburn and cancer.. At least you're not denying your douchery, that's a step in the right direction. :]
oh yes not getting sunburnt as easily is veritably winning the genetic lottery

FlyingKanga

HSC
In a thread discussing skin color, you want to derail it and argue about genetics in general? Yeah no. Although, I can tell your lottery went bankrupt.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
What you talking about? Asian girls looks better when white, white girls looks better when white, black girls look better when whiter, brown girls look better when white. Iphone looks better when white. Snow white looks better when white. Everything looks better when white.

The only three things that looks better when black are Thinkpads, Mercedes and business suit.
orly

piglet

HSC
As an extremely pale person, I feel like having a tan makes me look healthier (bc people get paler when they're sick haha) - I know there's nothing healthy about a tan! And like someone said above, some white people look ALOT better tanned :3

financialwar

HSC
N/A
I don't know man, I find white girls 100x times hotter than tanned girls.

I find them so hot that would literally suck the fart out of a pale girl's ass if I have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)