Thoughts on wearing a white suit to formal? (1 Viewer)

lilcutetricker

HSC
Uni Grad
Its June already, can you guys believe it?
Well that means trials, HSCs, graduation and formal! I was thinking of wearing a white suit (http://images.asos-media.com/inv/groups/10528/image1xxl.jpg ) since i know a lot of guys are going to be wearing 600-700 dollar suits and even one of the guys in my grade wore a 900 dollar suit to year 10 formal. Any thoughts of pulling off a white suit??

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
I'm not sure what you look like, but it does look very bright!

Nonetheless, I think it's the way in which you present yourself during formal... IMHO it looks too bright for me haha. But your call :p

mysterymarkplz

HSC
N/A
my friend wore a white suit to formal, looked pretty fly. Just make sure its the right size and everything. and that price lmao...

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't do it, you will look like the biggest try-hard.

White suits imply swag.

You are a high school student.

In other words you probably don't have any swag.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Don't. At your age you'll be wanting a suit that is versatile and fits well.

Charcoal grey and navy blue are much better colours, and you can use them in uni (for interviews, presentations and the like).

And again: make sure it fits. search on the internet on how a suit should fit.

enoilgam

HSC
Don't. At your age you'll be wanting a suit that is versatile and fits well.

Charcoal grey and navy blue are much better colours, and you can use them in uni (for interviews, presentations and the like).

And again: make sure it fits. search on the internet on how a suit should fit.
This I reckon, a simple navy or charcoal is best. Very few people can wear a suit properly in terms of fit and colours. Add in a few accessories (pocket square, tie clip) and you will look a million bucks.

If you want some specific advice on how a suit is supposed to be done, try The Art of Manliness.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
Don't. At your age
Screw age no one can pull of a full white suit without looking like a washed up mafia boss who smokes a pack a day. There are 0 situations where white pants are acceptable, and only a tiny bit more where a white jacket can work. If you're desperate to wear white for whatever reason (although you really should be going with navy or charcoal or else you'll never be able to wear the jacket again), take a look at this: http://www.sydnestyle.com/wp-conten...onaughey-in-Dolce-Gabbana-Jared-Leto-.jpg.jpg

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
dumbest....... idea......... EVER!!!! That suit is going to have chunder and all sorts of questionable stains on it by the end of the night... :lol:

Formal should be a black tie event... Black suit, white business shirt (that is not corporate wear but more for the occasion... eg: cufflinks, etc...), pocket square that doesn't match your black tie (by doesn't match, I mean is not of matching colour, but, still suits the whole ensemble generally) (probably can get away with a bow tie, make sure the shirt is for a bow tie... I personally, have never taken a person who wears a bow tie seriously...), nice set of shoes... do this, you are going to smash any chick you want there... :lol:

Last edited:

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, not a fan of white suits either. "You'll look like a ghost" was what my friends said in high school if you worn a white suit.

Other than that, just make sure you have nice shoes :D

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't get a white suit. Don't get a black suit.

Get a navy suit. Charcoal if you're feeling scared.

But don't get a white suit.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Invest your money in something you can use for the long term (so if it has to be a suit, go for something practical in the long term which you can re-use again and again for various different types of occasions).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)