Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had??

HSC

Re: Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had??

Quote Originally Posted by xtinkx
    after the events i was put in dancing for balance and i havent had an accident since = )
    Haha, most of my accidents were caused from ballet.. either while doing it, or due to damage from ballet... haha
    If I was able to let go and still hold on, love but not get hurt, smile yet forgot how to cry, if i could be free and not get lost, Then I would be able to be whatever I want to be....

HSC

cytomegalo virus with long term fatigue from it, coupled with mild chronic fatigue. and i nearly broke my finger once doing a handstand. and i fractured my finger once playing balloon volleyball in class...on hell day! (6/6/06)
    :uhhuh:

HSC
    on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila

In terms of diagnosable stuff:

familial hyper-cholesterolemia - abnormally high cholesterol levels NOT associated with diet, but rather associated with dna, passed on by my lovely father
    hypotension - low blood pressure 24/7
    my eyes are larger than most - the pupil is too big and thus half of my vision is blurred.

Random other stuff:
    Broken baby toe on my left foot 3 times at different times!
    Broke my 4 metatarcils on the left foot
    B Education (English)/B Arts (Psych) @ USYD 3rd year

In my heart, in my head, it's so clear now,
    Hold my hand you've got nothing to fear now,
    I was lost and you've rescued me some how-.
    I'm alive, I'm in love you complete me,
    And I've never been here before.
    Now I see, what love means.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Exphate
    Fractured a finger on a balloon?
    nah...my friend and i both went for the balloon at the same time, both missed and it turns out he has giant hands as hard as bricks just perfect for fracturing my finger on
    :uhhuh:

HSC

That makes alot more sense than a balloon.

Yea.. i was starting to wonder too...
    If I was able to let go and still hold on, love but not get hurt, smile yet forgot how to cry, if i could be free and not get lost, Then I would be able to be whatever I want to be....

HSC

I've had numerous sprained ankles and wrists from when i was an adventurous little tyke, mostly trampoline related
    i broke my hip when i was 11 from falling of the second floor level of a building (really long story). because i was still growing when it also knocked my pelvis and any other bones out of whack and made my back grow retarded, as a result it now affects my knees, cos i put all my weight onto one leg cos my back is gay and the knee that never gets used plays up sometimes. Running especially bothers it. and i have mild lower back pain that im meant to do physio for. if only i never climbed that ladder!
    i broke a rib when i was 19 from falling out of a bed.
    about 6 months ago i tripped over on my own foot on a slippery floor at work backwards and hit my head, giving myself both a concussion and whiplash, from which I'm STILL recovering and i had to take about 10 weeks off from going to the gym when that happened too.
    oh and i fell out of a canoe when i was drunk in new caledonia and did something to my ankle, cant remember. i was on crutches for the remainder of my schoolies cruise though!
    The Ranger has spoken

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Stacie
    I've had numerous sprained ankles and wrists from when i was an adventurous little tyke, mostly trampoline related
    i broke my hip when i was 11 from falling of the second floor level of a building (really long story). because i was still growing when it also knocked my pelvis and any other bones out of whack and made my back grow retarded, as a result it now affects my knees, cos i put all my weight onto one leg cos my back is gay and the knee that never gets used plays up sometimes. Running especially bothers it. and i have mild lower back pain that im meant to do physio for. if only i never climbed that ladder!
    i broke a rib when i was 19 from falling out of a bed.
    about 6 months ago i tripped over on my own foot on a slippery floor at work backwards and hit my head, giving myself both a concussion and whiplash, from which I'm STILL recovering and i had to take about 10 weeks off from going to the gym when that happened too.
    oh and i fell out of a canoe when i was drunk in new caledonia and did something to my ankle, cant remember. i was on crutches for the remainder of my schoolies cruise though!
    Yay!!! someone as damaged and retarded as me!!!

Banned
    HSC

ahah this thread is wack.
    muddy soccer pitch. going full pelt from beyond halfway back into the penalty area. got to the ball, kicked it. foot got stuck in aforementioned mud. twisted. acl = dead.
    then I'm lying in mud, with everyone looking at me like im retarded. I start to laugh, and hobble by myself about 5m before falling over, at which point someone helps me off.
    lol.

HSC

i'm sure i can beat most of you in straight-out retardedness .. i was playing netball, went to shoot a goal from like right under the net, the ball bounced straight back off the bottom of the ring and smacked me in the face, and it broke my nose. all my friends laughed at me, and i was crying and laughing so hard at the same time i thought i was going to choke and die
    hi super nintendo chalmers!

The Hammer Is My Penis ObjectsInSpace's Avatar
    HSC
    N/A

- Broke two fingers the day of the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney Olympics.
    - Exposed to some kind of chemical during my year off that left my left arm covered in blisters.
    - Contracted meningococcal meningitis in September 2005.
    - Broke my nose (twice) playing soccer when I collided with the goal posts.
    - Nearly tore one of the tendons out of my ankle in an accident when I was 12.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool3k
    ahah this thread is wack.

lol.
    Wack is in good?? or bad?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ObjectsInSpace
    - Broke two fingers the day of the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney Olympics.
    - Exposed to some kind of chemical during my year off that left my left arm covered in blisters.
    - Contracted meningococcal meningitis in September 2005.
    - Broke my nose (twice) playing soccer when I collided with the goal posts.
    - Nearly tore one of the tendons out of my ankle in an accident when I was 12.
    Wow... craziness!!!!

In light of this thread, today i dislocated my hip again.... damn dancing.... grr... it was ok.... a few painkillers.. quick visit to emergency.. which actually was quick... and its all good... crutches for a weekish and should be fine... it really isnt helping with the whole 'getting back into dancing, due to no more injuries thing'

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by xtinkx
    hmmm im going for a test for glaucoma next week...both of my parents have mild cases of it....gooddie

I have also had injuries myself:
    *I snaped my collar bone in half
    *I had my bottom lip half ripped off...but to my advantage i now have nicer lips..dont know how that panned out but who cares
    * I split my head open in the backyard

Note that all this happened under the age of 4....after the events i was put in dancing for balance and i havent had an accident since = )
    the test doens't take that long.. they either poke your eye or puff your eye.

i've got a special rare case of glaucoma, alot of hospital staff know me now not like i'm happy about it lol

meep! :wave:

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Loza33
    Wack is in good?? or bad?
    wack as in strange but highly amusing :P
    so good. i think

HSC

only had two major injuries
    * broke my pinkie two on yr 7 camp
    *tore the cartilage in my left knee doing PE at school that was a fun time
    B Applied Science (Medical Radiation Sciences) Radiation Therapy @University of Sydney. Third year Oh i so cant wait to finish this year!!!

image courtesy of http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by liverpool3k
    wack as in strange but highly amusing :P
    so good. i think
    Haha.... thanx.. i guess.... lol

splashing in puddles Sprinkles~'s Avatar
    HSC

Yay!!! someone as damaged and retarded as me!!!
    Haha i'm pretty sure you can add me to the list.

- Broke my arm on the stairs at school
    - A friend crushed my pinkie in a door
    - A friend threw a stick and broke my finger (I have great friends )
    - Knocked myself out by diving over a couch and split my head open so my eye brow was hanging down over my eye. My sister's reaction was to run & clean the carpet lol.
    - Have had concussions & been in hospital a few times
    - Split my knee open trying to catch a guineapig
    - Had a massive hole ripped out of my leg by a stick & the dr had to stretch my skin to be able to stitch it up. There was a big chunk of flesh lying on the floor at school after haha, that was in primary school though
    - Had a tooth surgically removed
    - Had Glandular fever twice
    - Had appendicitus
    - Have been really sick with a chronic illness for almost 4 years now
    - I'm always collapsing or something & ending up in ambulances or having to be carried
    - Was in a car accident before my trials in 05 which screwed up my neck/back/hips,
    - Was in another car accident before my trials (2 years of the hsc) last year but it was only really minor & hurt my neck again. Greatt luck with cars.

and the most recent would be collapsing during my bio lab at uni a couple of weeks ago & i couldn't move at all, I was lying on the floor like a retard. so freaking embarrasing.

I could keep going.... I'm like the world's biggest jinx or something!!
    [myspace] [deviantART]

B Psych at Newcastle

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles~
    Haha i'm pretty sure you can add me to the list.

- Broke my arm on the stairs at school
    - A friend crushed my pinkie in a door
    - A friend threw a stick and broke my finger (I have great friends )
    - Knocked myself out by diving over a couch and split my head open so my eye brow was hanging down over my eye. My sister's reaction was to run & clean the carpet lol.
    - Have had concussions & been in hospital a few times
    - Split my knee open trying to catch a guineapig
    - Had a massive hole ripped out of my leg by a stick & the dr had to stretch my skin to be able to stitch it up. There was a big chunk of flesh lying on the floor at school after haha, that was in primary school though
    - Had a tooth surgically removed
    - Had Glandular fever twice
    - Had appendicitus
    - Have been really sick with a chronic illness for almost 4 years now
    - I'm always collapsing or something & ending up in ambulances or having to be carried
    - Was in a car accident before my trials in 05 which screwed up my neck/back/hips,
    - Was in another car accident before my trials (2 years of the hsc) last year but it was only really minor & hurt my neck again. Greatt luck with cars.

and the most recent would be collapsing during my bio lab at uni a couple of weeks ago & i couldn't move at all, I was lying on the floor like a retard. so freaking embarrasing.

I could keep going.... I'm like the world's biggest jinx or something!!
    Wow!!! awesome, for you i give a medal... i dont have any medals to give.. but if i did, you would so get one!! haha

I know what you mean about adding things to the list... i stopped mine half way through... haha coz it was getting long!!!

You had glangular fever twice? that sucks!! i had it really bad last year and had to spend weeks in hospital because i couldnt breathe and they had to open my throat... i thought you could only catch once.... now im scared... damn doctors lying to me!!

What chronic illness do you have? that sucks..

HSC

my lists' probably not as bad as some of yours, but i'll go for it anyway:
    - had my tonsils out when i was 4 (too big for my throat)
    - got croup way too often as a kid (first time they thought it was asthma caus i was mid-primary school) and a mild case last year
    - split chin open in fiji, year 1...stitches, overseas, young kid = not good. cant really see the scar caus its under my chin (but you can still feel it)
    - greenstem fracture of my collarbone in year 3(?) thanks to that eggs, bacon, chips or cheese game at school...sling for a few weeks i think

then nothing too serious until my last few birthdays/parties
    - fell off a horse on my 16th...no external bruising but it hurt like a banchee for the rest of the trail ride (happened right at the start)
    - mum ran over my toe with a vacuum cleaner the day after my 17th party..mega owwy, nail took forever to heal properly
    - put my elbow through a window & bashed my hip against the metal below it at my 18th party...no stitches caus i didnt wanna go to the doctors, but i now have one big scar (still looks pretty grose) and a couple of tiny ones (almost faded now)
    - i think i was kinda sick around my 19th
    - its almost my 20th, i'm not in casualty yet (though we all thought i would be this year) but for the past 5 days i've had a pretty dodgy sore throat and blocked nose thanks to my boyfriend

Ohh, you touch my tralala
    HSC
    N/A

I didnt think about tonsilitis lol.

And another couple of ops because of CMT.

Does falling out of the ugly tree count?
    Oh, that reminds me of an injury i'd forgotten about! I fell out of a tree when i was little onto one of those wooden fence- support things.. not the actual vertical bit, but the horizontal wooden bit that all the vertical bits are attached to.. I landed right on the corner and had a dint in my ass for years :P You shoulda seen the bruising!

HSC

I know what you mean about adding things to the list... i stopped mine half way through... haha coz it was getting long!!!

You had glangular fever twice? that sucks!! i had it really bad last year and had to spend weeks in hospital because i couldnt breathe and they had to open my throat... i thought you could only catch once.... now im scared... damn doctors lying to me!!

What chronic illness do you have? that sucks..
    Hahah yeah, its kind of like hmmm I should probably stop now before I make myself look like even more of a clutz

Whoah I didn't have gladular fever anywhere near that bad, that would have been scary!

Yeah you can, once you get it it stays in your body inactive (unless you're unlucky like me haha), thats why some people don't find out about it until ages after they're better in blood tests. I was on a school trip in japan the first time! i have Chronic Fatigue Syndrom and chronic pain stuff, lots of run *rolls eyes*. I first got sick cos my body couldn't deal with glandular fever and then appendicitus so I just never got better. Suckss lots.

Quote Originally Posted by alby
    mum ran over my toe with a vacuum cleaner the day after my 17th party..mega owwy, nail took forever to heal properly
    haha, the part about teh vavuum cleaner (not the getting hurt bit!) is kinda funny!

Eek I shouldn't even be on here, I'm meant to be doing psych work tomorrow lol!!
    [myspace] [deviantART]

B Psych at Newcastle

HSC

[quote=Sprinkles~]

Whoah I didn't have gladular fever anywhere near that bad, that would have been scary!

Yeah you can, once you get it it stays in your body inactive (unless you're unlucky like me haha), thats why some people don't find out about it until ages after they're better in blood tests. I was on a school trip in japan the first time! i have Chronic Fatigue Syndrom and chronic pain stuff, lots of run *rolls eyes*. I first got sick cos my body couldn't deal with glandular fever and then appendicitus so I just never got better. Suckss lots.

[quote]

It was a little scary, but i was pretty drugged up i dont remember much..

That would suck having it on a school trip.. coz it jsut takes so much out of you!!

Hey, that was kind of how i got diabetes... well.. i broke my ankle and had to have an operation for that.. the anesthetic made me really sick - throwing up for a few weeks, and hten i went back to school before i was better, and my exhausted body couldnt handle the flus around me (heaps of people were sick) and i got the flu, which turned into glangular fever.. and was really sick again, and then when i was better and went back to school and was still sick, i ended up in hospital AGAIN where they ran heaps of tests and found that the glangular fever had caused diabetes... something about it being triggered by a virus or something.. i dunno... all while on crutches... that was my term 3 of year 11.. and i still went back ot school and did the exams.... haha

How bad is your chronic fatigue?

HSC
    on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila

Reading some of these makes me remember some of things I forgot lol

Have had glandular fever
    Have cysts in my ovaries (very minute, and very controlled, so I don't remember much lol)
    Fainted once due to low blood pressure and ended up with concussion coz I hit my head on the wall as I was fainting
    B Education (English)/B Arts (Psych) @ USYD 3rd year

In my heart, in my head, it's so clear now,
    Hold my hand you've got nothing to fear now,
    I was lost and you've rescued me some how-.
    I'm alive, I'm in love you complete me,
    And I've never been here before.
    Now I see, what love means.

HSC

Wow, you guys have had so many injuries, illnesses etc...
    I've had no more than a few occasions of winter flu, cuts, bruises and lacerations on an annual basis...so far I've never had any bones broken or fractured (at least none that I know of lol)
    I guess the only other things that are different are that I am about to have some teeth surgically removed sometime soon and I have this large bump from a laceration which looks somewhat disgusting to some people because it looks like a slug had buried itself under the skin of my elbow...lol
    A laceration on my right elbow that I had 4 years ago had resulted in an ugly '3D' scar which looks like a dark red-brown bump about 4cm in length. That bump was probably the result of bandages being literally stuck to the infected site and so removal of those bandages was really painful because they had to be pulled out with quite a large force directly from the injury (Ouch!). When it did heal, a large bump somehow formed on my elbow and it has remained there ever since. Unfortunately, that bump area is still sensitive to pain after 4 years...

HSC

Hey, that was kind of how i got diabetes... well.. i broke my ankle and had to have an operation for that.. the anesthetic made me really sick - throwing up for a few weeks, and hten i went back to school before i was better, and my exhausted body couldnt handle the flus around me (heaps of people were sick) and i got the flu, which turned into glangular fever.. and was really sick again, and then when i was better and went back to school and was still sick, i ended up in hospital AGAIN where they ran heaps of tests and found that the glangular fever had caused diabetes... something about it being triggered by a virus or something.. i dunno... all while on crutches... that was my term 3 of year 11.. and i still went back ot school and did the exams.... haha

How bad is your chronic fatigue?
    That really sucks about the diabetes, I think we can come to the conclusion that glandular fever is EVIL.

That's pretty weird, when I had my appendix out I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic / morphine and mum's always it must have something to do with it cos I only went down hill after that. We both seem to have greatt luck, didnt think id meet someone as jinxed as me haha!

Yeah its pretty bad, for my last 3 years of school i went a max of 3 days a week for 1 or 2 classes and spent most of my other time bedridden. I have a really full social life lol!! It totally screwed up my marks and UAI so I'm reallyyy glad I managed to get into uni, I have no idea how though!

Have a good easter, hope the easter bunny brings you lots of chocolate!
    [myspace] [deviantART]

B Psych at Newcastle

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information