Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had??

HSC

Re: Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had??

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles~
    That really sucks about the diabetes, I think we can come to the conclusion that glandular fever is EVIL.

That's pretty weird, when I had my appendix out I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic / morphine and mum's always it must have something to do with it cos I only went down hill after that. We both seem to have greatt luck, didnt think id meet someone as jinxed as me haha!

Yeah its pretty bad, for my last 3 years of school i went a max of 3 days a week for 1 or 2 classes and spent most of my other time bedridden. I have a really full social life lol!! It totally screwed up my marks and UAI so I'm reallyyy glad I managed to get into uni, I have no idea how though!

Have a good easter, hope the easter bunny brings you lots of chocolate!
    I know, i am so excited!! I thought i was the unlucky, illness, clumsy jinxed one...

Agreed.... Glandular fever - EVIL!
    Anesthetic - EVIL!

That sucks that it stuffed up your marks...

I really dont want it to stuff up mine... im hoping not to get sick this year.. cant my body just be good for 6 months? Wait till after the HSC goddammit!!

My first diabetic easter tomorrow.. not looking forward to it!!

But i hope eveyrone else has a good easter!
    If I was able to let go and still hold on, love but not get hurt, smile yet forgot how to cry, if i could be free and not get lost, Then I would be able to be whatever I want to be....

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by alby
    - its almost my 20th, i'm not in casualty yet (though we all thought i would be this year) but for the past 5 days i've had a pretty dodgy sore throat and blocked nose thanks to my boyfriend
    i think i jinxed myself
    easter sunday, woke up at 10 with THE WORST earache ever! had to go down to a family do, in so much pain by the time we got there (around 11.30). but luckily i went caus my aunty gave me some herron blues...i seriously never normally take anything (i can count on 2 hands the number of times i've ever taken medicine or had it rammed down my throat...and i'm the daughter of a nurse, how ironic), but these are absolute godsends! that said, i probably wont take them again unless i'm about half way to death

i went to the doctors the next day, got given some antibiotics, tried to have one hole when i got home but gagged...and took literally forever to consume (if you can call it that) most of it crushed on a spoon with some yoghurt (there was still some stuck to the spoon that i wasnt going to scrape off with my teeth). i puked, twice, an hour or so later...i havent taken one since. so i've been living on eardrops and the (now) occasional herrons for the past week, with my ear ever so slowly getting unblocked.

HSC

You are lucky, i spent easter with a chest infection. This meant that i had a pretty crazy fever, could hardly think and because iam a chronic asthmatic, i also couldnt breathe very well. being on oxygen and given ventalin every 4 hours isnt fun I should have been in hospital, but because mum is a nurse and ive had asthma all my life, our house is stocked as if it were a hospital anyway. Still not over it yet, but atleast i dont feel so weak that iam going to die...estimated current lung capacity: 80% of norm.

Just because you are paranoid doesnt mean they arent after you

Quote Originally Posted by blah101
    i highly doubt u could drive something just below the speed of light i do belive the ground speed record is in the region of 350mph which is a mear 100 times less that the speed of light idiot so in order to travel the speed at which u specify would i not need to be poileting the vehicle?

HSC

Wow!!

Sucks for you guys!!! I hope you both are feeling better...

My easter involved my family trying to be 'all family' like... us family like, is my brother and i getting drunk, my sister storming off and my brother, mum and i playing board games.. haha.. that is exactly what happened!!

We had very minimal chocolate... which was good.... it wasnt like i had to sit there and have hardly any, while everyone else had loads!
    If I was able to let go and still hold on, love but not get hurt, smile yet forgot how to cry, if i could be free and not get lost, Then I would be able to be whatever I want to be....

HSC

wow...reading all these strange illnesses makes me feel as though ive got it easy.
    - broken humorous. also found out i had a bone cyst from the x-rays.
    - left knee tendon problems since year 6.
    - fucked my back when i was 8, from trying to hard when bowling during cricket, and ever since then it every now and then hurts so bad, to the point where i can barely walk. i'll trade 5 broken bones for my back to heal completely and never bother me again. unfortunately, thats never going to happen.
    - regular irritating cold sores, so im always carrying zovirax.
    - bloody shortsighted. damnit!

HSC
    N/A

Let's see...

I have fucked ankles
    I have a heart murmur
    I've had brain surgery 6 times because of hydrocephalus
    I have a brain tumour
    I used to have a stomach tumour- last they checked, it was gone!

LOLtheist
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Serius
    You are lucky, i spent easter with a chest infection. This meant that i had a pretty crazy fever, could hardly think and because iam a chronic asthmatic, i also couldnt breathe very well. being on oxygen and given ventalin every 4 hours isnt fun I should have been in hospital, but because mum is a nurse and ive had asthma all my life, our house is stocked as if it were a hospital anyway. Still not over it yet, but atleast i dont feel so weak that iam going to die...estimated current lung capacity: 80% of norm.
    Sorry to hear that man..

Me, the only noticable illnesses/injuries that i've had is a fever which for some strange reason occurs close to exam time (which is bad. very very bad) and i've had my middle finger fractured.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by S1M0
    Sorry to hear that man..

Me, the only noticable illnesses/injuries that i've had is a fever which for some strange reason occurs close to exam time (which is bad. very very bad) and i've had my middle finger fractured.
    That is it?

As in never even the flu??

I had a 'stomach bug' the last couple of days... which really sucked!!

Tuesday - my first day off work in voer a week!! Had plans to go into the city, catch up with a friend do some shopping etc!

Monday - Dancing around house, very excited! I had a day off work, everyone else had to go! Etc!

Monday, Midnight - wake up to nauseating stomach... proceed to throw up, most of night...

Tuesday morning - have to cancel on friend!

Spend great, desired day off in bed...

Wednesday - wake up, expecting to go to work! But alas, no - i have no energy to get out of bed even! So lose a whole days worth of pay, and get in trouble form boss for late notice!!

Then brother returns home from work at midday- i gave it to him - ah.. all is not lost!!

Haha!

(Plus my boss is is sister to my brothers boss, and when she found out we both had, she was a little more sympathetic!)

Sickness sucks!

splashing in puddles Sprinkles~'s Avatar
    HSC

Yesterday I found out I have a skin disease to add to the list. It's so gross, I don't want to go back to uni :/.
    [myspace] [deviantART]

B Psych at Newcastle

HSC

Yesterday I found out I have a skin disease to add to the list. It's so gross, I don't want to go back to uni :/.
    That is not cool!! How did you get that? Is it cureable?

splashing in puddles Sprinkles~'s Avatar
    HSC

i have noo idea lol. nah, but its controllable. the part on my face isnt very noticiable right now yay
    [myspace] [deviantART]

B Psych at Newcastle

HSC

i have noo idea lol. nah, but its controllable. the part on my face isnt very noticiable right now yay
    That is good to hear!!

Cadet
    HSC

I think I'd say the worst I've had was a fractured top mandible(jaw) and some knocked out front teeth. And man did that hurt for a few weeks, hate to think how it would've been without painkillers!

HSC
    N/A

I have broken my wrist (really really bad) once, broken my little toe twice (the 2nd time was exactly a year to the day that i broke it the first time)...for major stuff thats about it
    B Arts (Hons)/B Laws
    Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil

HSC

add to my ever-growing list that i had a 24-hr bug 2 weeks ago which made me puke 4 times in 1 night...WORST experience ever
    half-eaten pasta does not look good..and does not go down the drain well either *shudder*

HSC

ahhh i feel like I am always sick!
    when I was little I had gromets(spl) put in my ears because I had trouble hearing, my parents were silly and got me sunburnt when i was little which developed into a skin condition.
    I've had pneumonia and glandular fever, various ear and chest infections.
    I’ve dislocated different fingers, my shoulders, broken my collar bone and apparently I have tennis elbow, despite having not played tennis in years… I can barely move my left arm about 3 out of 4 weeks a month it sucks!

~justCARLA~

HSC

Majour stuff, sprained my ankle. Thats really it.
    But I was sick for 2months in early 2006 and coudln't eat for a whole week in that period.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by justCARLA
    ahhh i feel like I am always sick!

I know what you mean!! I feel as if im always sick or injured..... and its soo annoying!! I want a whole month to go by, when im not sick or injured with anything!! But its hard.... even when im being very good and controlling my diabetes excellently it can still stuff up!!! Damn unreliable disease!

HSC

at the moment I have a massive carpet burn on the top of my right foot. Can;t walk properly because it stings, and its sooooooo hard for me to put on shoes

HSC

WELL.... last year, at school i was swinging on a metal gate and there was a brick wall behind it and i pushed off from the ground and it rebounded and hit me in the face and smashed of half my right front tooth. It was all quite funny because i looked like a poor person who couldnt afford to make a trip to the dentist LOL!. My friend picked up the other half of my tooth, luckily because when i went to the dentist about an hour after it had happened he glued it (bonded) it back together!! ahah perrty funny story i rekon because you dont usually get your teeth glued back together heeheh u\but my mum was heaps angry at me and calling me heaps dumb and sutff cause apparently know one does that and if u see my heaps straight teeth you will see how it looks like i have braces lol ahhaha.. Thats the only injury i've really had..
    AAhhh So traumatic
    ha But now i dont eat on it cause i'm scared it will break off lol.

My myspace

the spicey ginger moon had me worried that all the redheads in the world were going to turn into feral rangbears and destroy the world

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Loza33
    haha, i dont know how people dont cause damage to their bodies!! Like my mother has never broken anything in her life and the only illness besides the flu she has ever had is appendictics...

My bones break easily... like dancing... touch football.. rollarblading.. falling down hills.. its disgraceful how easily they snap...

Maybe i should drink more milk...
    yeah! you should but drink milk in style with "SipAaahhh" straws yuumm

My myspace

the spicey ginger moon had me worried that all the redheads in the world were going to turn into feral rangbears and destroy the world

makes the woosh noises ^CoSMic DoRiS^^'s Avatar
    HSC

i fell down the stairs in my house this morning. i was aiming for the bathroom with my eyes pretty much glued shut with sleep... accidentally turned left instead of right, and bang, down the stairs.
    granted, there's only 5 stairs. but they're made of wood. and they hurt when you smack down all of them with your spine. ouch.
    i did that once before when we first moved in to this house...didnt think id be so dumb as to do it again.
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

HSC

when i competed in taw kwon do, i punched myself in the head. well... kinda.

attempted to clock what i tought was a turning kick, what turned out to become 'axe' [think being kicked DOWN, not across], and got bad positioning which through my hand diagonal, into my head, WHACK.

Dizzy for a couple of seconds. Felt pertty dodgy all day.

Woke up the next day, was Photophobic! A delayed concussion. Light through my blinds to my eyes BURNED. i felt my way out my room with one hand over my eyes and called my parents.

Off to hospital!

at the hospital they thought i was on drugs, literally the first thing they did when i got there, and they saw me was to roll my sleeves and check my arms

Next the Blood pressure machine broke... Twice. And clamped down HARD on my arm. Viens poping up everywhere. Motioned to mum, who thought i was being silly/childish/annoying, untill she looked at a purple arm with huge worm-like viens on it. She ripped it off. Nurse got angry at us. thought we were over reacting.
    Tried again, and showed the Nurse, who ripped it off herself when she saw.

We took it manually then.

i can't really remember any more details than that... I got an MRI too. Noisy, noisy machine.

HSC

Everyone has been laughing at me all day..... i expect everyone here to laugh at me too.... coz im an idiot...

Hm.. remembering saying how i break things easily? well, afterm last night i dont think it is a matter of weak bones, but of complete and utter stupidity!!

Hey, Cosmic Doris.... remember sayiung you though you were stupid fo falling down stairs twice?

Well... last night at lithgow maccas with school on our way back from sydney, the teacher was still inside and gave me the keys to go and open the bus for everyone..... i stood outside, leaned in to turn on the bus.. which was still in gear and bunny hopped... right onto my foot.... i kind of calmly went, "um.. guys, bus, foot.. stuck, OUCH!" the people didnt realize was my foot was still stuck... after a lot of laughing and them realizing what had happened a guy went its ok, jumped in and decided ot reverse it... back over my foot...

I didnt want to worry the teacher or make students go to hospital at lithgow late at night... so i said all was fine... subtely hopped over to other side, grit my teeth, tried not to cry and travelled all the way back to bathurst..

Woke up this morning in sooo muhc pain... couldnt walk or move toes....

Turned out i broke my second and third metatarsal...

Everyone at school thought i was blonde...

Now after hearing that i

"ran over my foot with a bus..... i was driving"

They are convinced!!!

makes the woosh noises ^CoSMic DoRiS^^'s Avatar
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Loza33
    Everyone has been laughing at me all day..... i expect everyone here to laugh at me too.... coz im an idiot...

Hm.. remembering saying how i break things easily? well, afterm last night i dont think it is a matter of weak bones, but of complete and utter stupidity!!

Hey, Cosmic Doris.... remember sayiung you though you were stupid fo falling down stairs twice?

Well... last night at lithgow maccas with school on our way back from sydney, the teacher was still inside and gave me the keys to go and open the bus for everyone..... i stood outside, leaned in to turn on the bus.. which was still in gear and bunny hopped... right onto my foot.... i kind of calmly went, "um.. guys, bus, foot.. stuck, OUCH!" the people didnt realize was my foot was still stuck... after a lot of laughing and them realizing what had happened a guy went its ok, jumped in and decided ot reverse it... back over my foot...

I didnt want to worry the teacher or make students go to hospital at lithgow late at night... so i said all was fine... subtely hopped over to other side, grit my teeth, tried not to cry and travelled all the way back to bathurst..

Woke up this morning in sooo muhc pain... couldnt walk or move toes....

Turned out i broke my second and third metatarsal...

Everyone at school thought i was blonde...

Now after hearing that i

"ran over my foot with a bus..... i was driving"

They are convinced!!!
    lmao hahahahahahaha. classic.
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information