Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: the pill

makes the woosh noises ^CoSMic DoRiS^^'s Avatar
    HSC

Re: the pill

^ thanks heaps
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

HSC

Girls are crazy, proper names for pills? Wish I hadn't clicked on this thread. I do support your decisions to use the pill though, it stops me from worrying too.

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Stacie
    what is the pill that has weight loss as a possible side effect?
    It also can cause weight gain

It just depends for each person

I used 2 be on it and it didnt cause anypart of me to changed- i s'pose it just depends on the person

HSC

One side effect is that you can get uneven endometrial growth.

I am in my 4th wk of my period now, and its been relatively liight up till yesterday with massive pain and bleeding etc. LUkcily i had booked an apt for today with my doc, and she did the routine are you pregnant, had sex etc, and im like no. So I have to get an ultrasound tomorrow morning. THank god its the first apt so I will just have to manage to drink 1L or as close to it as i can. Its so bloody hard to drink that much water in the morning!! But then I go back tmw or Wed to the doc, and find out the results. THe doc thinks maybe its another polyp or even endometrisis, but surely that would've been picked up on the ultrasounds ive had all the time.

So yeah, if i have to see a gynaecologist, its going to have to be one that agrees to the no gap thing with MBF, same with the anaesthetist. Coz at the moment I have absolutely no money to pay for it, and will have to borrow even more money from my brother to pay for the consult.

THe annoying thing about this whole thing, is why did it have to get really bad yesterday and today, right when I'm starting my 4 week clincal prac.!! The doc asked if i wanted a medical certificate for today, but i siad no its orientation so I have to go. And the annoying thing is that I think the faciliator is a guy, so I cant really tell him whats going on can I lol.

But hopefully i wont be rushing to the loo every few hours...hopefuly it will die down, and tmw they can find the stupid problem......
    It will take time to restore chaos. - President Bush in a dumb moment.

HSC

I suggest Levlen, I've been on it for a year, and I've had no problems. It's also relatively low does hormones so better for you. And forget the myths- there is absolutely no risk in taking the pill continuously. You're not going to get cysts or cancer. Many people have mysconceptions (pardon the pun) that they need to have a period (take a break from the pill) to confirm to themselves they're not pregnant. The pill works by inducing your body into a false state of pregnancy, and there is no harm in taking it continuously, only alot of benefits, especially for people with bad pain or low iron levels.
    4U English, Chem, Phys, German Con.

HSC

Well it didnt work for me. Sure sometimes it did work a bit, other times it doesnt. My period stoped at teh end of the 4th wk, and so i stoped the Primulot-no point in loading more fake hormones in. I havent taken any more of the Levelen, I am just going to wait till the 22nd and see what the gynaecologst says, she might swqap me onto a different type, one that will acutally work and not make my periods so long.

At least I dont have to have another operation...at the moment.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by darcski
    forget the myths- there is absolutely no risk in taking the pill continuously. You're not going to get cysts or cancer.
    no, some people do develop major side effects thanks to some pills. and you usually dont know what a pill's going to do to you until you're on it...and even then you sometimes dont know that its stuffing things up majorly.

HSC

I think it can have effects for some people. My gynaecologist said that the polyp was probably caused by the pill causing irreegular endometrial grown and coz i had a period here and there coz of skipping a period, it meant the endometrium wasnt getting rid of excess layers.

And he told me that if i want to fall pregnant, coz of what has happened, i will have to go on hormones to fall pregnant. I thought it only took like 3months of not being on the pill to fall pregnant. But then again you can still fall pregnant if you miss a tablet..why else then do they tell us to take the tablet within 12hrs of your normal time?

Im going to see my new gynae on Wednesday and so I hope there is going to be something done about it, coz this period was pill free, and yet i had the first few days really heavy and then suddenly like hardly anything...that is not at all normal!

HSC

Hey guys, just wondering if this is normal
    I've been on Levlen ED for three months.
    The first period I had after a full cycle of pills was like my normal period
    The second was a bit lighter but lasted as long as my normal period
    but this period my third so far I only bled for about three days and now nothing at all which isnt normal...does that just mean my body has completely adjusted to the pill and is now having 'shorter, lighter periods'?
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

HSC
    to the left, a little below the right and right in front of the left handed right man

Quote Originally Posted by melsc
    but this period my third so far I only bled for about three days and now nothing at all which isnt normal...does that just mean my body has completely adjusted to the pill and is now having 'shorter, lighter periods'?
    Yup, sounds about right.

Same thing happened to me.
    nothing was beautiful and everything hurt

HSC

Oh good, because after two months I was like 'shorter periods my arse' ... yay!
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed

They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

HSC
    to the left, a little below the right and right in front of the left handed right man

Oh good, because after two months I was like 'shorter periods my arse' ... yay!
    It's one of the many benefits of the pill
    nothing was beautiful and everything hurt

HSC

^ :uhhuh: its worth the $4 per month ($16ish 4 month packet)

HSC

Yes that sounds about right. It does take a few months for your body to get used to the pill. Even if you arent on the pill, when you first start your periods, it takes over 6months to get it kinda regular.

THough for me, Levelen started to make it lighter and shorter, but not as light as i expected, then it made things lighter but longer.

HSC

It sounds like something isn't right with ur hormones hope it all gets sorted out.

HSC

haha yeah tell me about it! I was like what the hell is the point in loading more hormones into my body when they dont do anything really much?! But yeah the new gynaecologist im seeing, one who's on that MBF no-gap scheme so its nothing if i have to go to hospital, put me on a new pill..Norimin.

HSC

Wow, it sounds like a fair few people's mothers don't like them being on the pill. Mine encouraged it, since she was worried I'd end up pregnant, and pays for it as well.
    I think I'm just lucky to have her.

HSC

lol well mine didnt want me going on it coz she thought i was being a hypocondriac and woudlnt believe that they were heavy and painful as, so yeah. And i guess being a Catholic didnt help the situation either...although she is on some sort of pill herself, she if she was using the 'its against the rules of the Church' exucuse, she wasnt practising what she preaches. lol.

Thats what i dont get, they expect people to just go without birth control and contraception in general, and so when they accidentlally get pregnant, the mother has to put up with the unexpected pregnancy and cant abort the pregnancy since abortion is a big no no! Its all just strange! But o well thats another whole big ethical debate..not for here lol.

Do you find though that when you havea period, some days it will start heavier and then over the day it will get lighter and then the next day, over night its gotten heavier and stuff?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by rozymisty

Do you find though that when you havea period, some days it will start heavier and then over the day it will get lighter and then the next day, over night its gotten heavier and stuff?
    yeah I have been on the pill for over a year and that still happens to me.. I have no idea why..
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lou
    To sleep or not to sleep
    that is the question
    whether it is nobler in the mind
    to stay up to all hours or
    suffer the consequences of no study

HSC

Does anyone find after a pill free week the first few days back on the pill you feel a bit ick?

HSC

Does anyone find after a pill free week the first few days back on the pill you feel a bit ick?
    yep, sometimes I still have cramps during that time too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lou
    To sleep or not to sleep
    that is the question
    whether it is nobler in the mind
    to stay up to all hours or
    suffer the consequences of no study

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Tulipa
    It's one of the many benefits of the pill
    Wow you girls are lucky!
    I've been on Levlen ED for about two years and not once has my period been light...it's always really heavy and lasts for ages...just like before I went on Levlen Ed...but I'm only on it so I dont get pregnant...so I guess it shouldn't be too much of a worry!

HSC

lol you sound like you;ve had the same problems ive had, that its done bugger al for making periods lighter. Maybe ask your doctor to get you onto another one, or maybe go and see a gynaecologist. The problem wtih Levelen ED is that its a low oestrogen pill, so its not as strong as others...but coz its lower oestrogen, it means less side effects than going on a much stronger pill.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Stacie
    yeah i meant the pill.

i dont want to go on the pill and magically put on 10 kilos overnight
    um i dont think you should jus be going on the pill to lose weight, u know there is such thing as a diet....
    i love me...

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ebbjade
    um i dont think you should jus be going on the pill to lose weight, u know there is such thing as a diet....
    err saying you don't want to gain 'extra' weight as a side-effect of the pill is different to wanting to go on it to lose weight....

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information