Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: the pill

HSC

Re: the pill

I have to have another operation. I went for my 3 month check up with the gynaecologist, Dr Hall, to follow up going on the new pill, and she suggested that since its the same as last few times and the pain is bad, she wants to do a laprscopy and hysterscopy with a dirrutage and curretage.

Now I've had the hysterscopy and D&C before and had massive and prolonged bleeding and the worse pain ever, so Im praying I dont have that again. Never had a laproscope so yeah that will be nerve-wracking a bit.

The only thing that is annoying about it all, is that I will have to take a few days off work coz she said not to do any work where you are lifting or pushing, which is basically what I do in my work at a nursing home. So yeah. Hopefully I can just get away with 1 day (wed) and be ok to work the Saturday shift with only light work.

But Im booked in for Dec 4, which is sooner than I certainly expected. And the great thing is, I think that since I already have paid the excess, I wont have to pay it again. And the doc is a no-gap doctor so all I need to pay for is the anaesthetist's fee.
    It will take time to restore chaos. - President Bush in a dumb moment.

makes the woosh noises ^CoSMic DoRiS^^'s Avatar
    HSC

Sorry to ressurect this thread but I'm pretty damn clueless about zee medicines.

I've been put on diane by my doc. I can't start taking it for a couple of weeks yet but I'm getting my last cervical cancer needle tomorrow (at another doctor) + just wondering if it will have an effect on anything. I don't think it would and I'll ask the doc when I go but yeah if anyone's done a similar thing...

also what is diane like (experiences?)
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

HSC

I dont think it should effect you, I was on the pill when I got the injections but you can always mention what pill you will be going on, that way the doc can be sure of any drug interactions that may limit its effectiveness
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ^CoSMic DoRiS^^
    Sorry to ressurect this thread but I'm pretty damn clueless about zee medicines.

I've been put on diane by my doc. I can't start taking it for a couple of weeks yet but I'm getting my last cervical cancer needle tomorrow (at another doctor) + just wondering if it will have an effect on anything. I don't think it would and I'll ask the doc when I go but yeah if anyone's done a similar thing...

also what is diane like (experiences?)
    should be fine.
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

HSC

Yeh, highly doubt it's an issue. I was on the pill for all of my injections and had no side effects or anything. The doctor's surgery I went to didn't even know what particular contraception pill I was on!

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alby
    diane (aka juliet & brenda) has a really high dosage of hormones...i wouldnt suggest it at all
    Not sure whether Alby meant Diane and Brenda are the same or if they're just really similar, but I'm on Brenda at the moment and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I never experienced cramps anyway, but I don't get them with the pill. I often skip one or two periods (though I wouldn't go longer than that). Rarely get spotting. Didn't have acne but it cleared up my skin pretty well etc. I dunno what else to say or if it's even relevant considering mine is Brenda! Pretty sure your doc would know what they were doing to put you on Diane
    Last edited by em_516; 12 Jun 2008 at 10:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hipsta_jess on msn
    omg, i just had my phone in my bra, between my boobs, and i got a msg and it vibrated, and :S

HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by rozymisty
    If you were constantly fainting, thats obviously something to do with your low iron levels. Maybe you should take iron and folate tablets, but get a blood test to see if you are anaemic or just deficient
    It's quite obvious that this is due to blood loss and has nothing to do with her Iron levels.

Otherwise she'd be fainting at any non specific time.

HSC

sounded more like she wasn't eating tbh. with the whole weight issue and everything
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

I can't go for that Born Dancer's Avatar
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by em_516
    Yeh, highly doubt it's an issue. I was on the pill for all of my injections and had no side effects or anything. The doctor's surgery I went to didn't even know what particular contraception pill I was on!

Edit:
    Not sure whether Alby meant Diane and Brenda are the same or if they're just really similar, but I'm on Brenda at the moment and I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I never experienced cramps anyway, but I don't get them with the pill. I often skip one or two periods (though I wouldn't go longer than that). Rarely get spotting. Didn't have acne but it cleared up my skin pretty well etc. I dunno what else to say or if it's even relevant considering mine is Brenda! Pretty sure your doc would know what they were doing to put you on Diane
    My doctor said that it's safe to skip a max of 4 periods though he doesn't reccommend it. I skip 3 because I get withdrawal headaches when i'm not on active pills and it's much more pleasant to get a week of headaches every three months than every month.

HSC

is it bad if you go on the pill and off it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lengy
    Fuck you're creepy.

I can't go for that Born Dancer's Avatar
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Atonofrash
    is it bad if you go on the pill and off it?
    over how long a period?

HSC

mmm well i was on it for about a year and a bit, and then have been off it for about 8months (fuck that's a while :s) and now back on it again.

edit: more like 6 prob
    Fuck you're creepy.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by zimmerman8k
    i take it for the lols
    hahah you should do it

hay i wonder what does happen if menfolk take it?
    Fuck you're creepy.

HSC

I bet they grow boobies.
    If she was a president she'd be Babe-raham Lincoln.

HSC

Im too scared to go on the Pill cos im scared to gain weight

HSC

Many people are but I don't know how often it actually occurs. I didn't gain any when I went on mine (besides my boobs going up about 1/2-1 cup size) and I am on one of the cheaper ones (Levlen ED generic version of Microgynon 30ED - about $17 for four months worth) If you do think you will gain a little weight tell your doctor that and they can try to find you one that will suit you, there are heaps to try anyway. Also if you gain a little weight I am sure it wont go away with a little exercise and healthier eating which will only benefit you anyway.
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed

They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Born Dancer
    My doctor said that it's safe to skip a max of 4 periods though he doesn't reccommend it. I skip 3 because I get withdrawal headaches when i'm not on active pills and it's much more pleasant to get a week of headaches every three months than every month.
    Yeh, that's fair enough though. I just internally freak out that I'm leaving it too long so I cut it back a bit But you're right - fuck having a period every month, blergh.
    omg, i just had my phone in my bra, between my boobs, and i got a msg and it vibrated, and :S

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Born Dancer
    Did he say what makes it unsafe to skip more? I usually skip... and mum got annoyed about it so she made a point of asking her doctor and he said it was fine.. but i dont know about how long for.. :s

sca
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by darcski
    I suggest Levlen, I've been on it for a year, and I've had no problems. It's also relatively low does hormones so better for you. And forget the myths- there is absolutely no risk in taking the pill continuously. You're not going to get cysts or cancer. Many people have mysconceptions (pardon the pun) that they need to have a period (take a break from the pill) to confirm to themselves they're not pregnant. The pill works by inducing your body into a false state of pregnancy, and there is no harm in taking it continuously, only alot of benefits, especially for people with bad pain or low iron levels.
    Actually, the official stance is that they don't know wether there are any negative side effects to skippind periods on the pill. They don't know of any, but that doesn't mean they won't discover some in the future.
    (If you actually read the little booklet inside the pill box, you can kind of read that between the lines in how they cover themselves by saying "this is not proven, but has been reported by some women... blah blah blah". And at least Levlen ED has a little blurb on how although it doesn't prove that the pill causes it, cancer is slightly more common in women who use the pill than don't).

So I wouldn't lose sleep over skipping my period once or twice, but I'd just feel unnatural going too long without one.
    VCE 2008: English 3/4 --- Further 3/4 --- French 3/4 --- Legal 3/4 --- Studio 3/4

(VCE 2007: Bus. Man. 3/4 --- Art 1/2 --- English 1/2 --- French 1/2 --- Methods 1/2 --- Psychology 1/2)

First preference for 2009: Bachelor of Business Info. Systems, IBL stream, Monash Clayton - ENTER: 87

HSC

Skipping periods made my boobies hurt.

But I don't know if that happens to everyone.

HSC

Haha, I don't actually notice it anymore compared to when I wasn't on the pill, but if I do notice it now I usually figure it's time to get off the pill and have my period.

HSC

Most people I know who skip frequently generally do so due to medical conditions like Endometriosis and their doctors tell them they should try and have a period every three months.

I think you should talk to your doctor and then decide what's best but if you are worried make sure you try and have a period every couple of months to be on the safe side. I generally only skip mine when I really need to (like a Summer holiday where I'd like to be able to swim). As much as I dislike the pain, ickiness and discomfort of a period it can be reassuring to have one, know its all still working and all that.

HSC

Haha that's exactly why I skipped a couple.

Did not want period whilst overseas or whilst on beach holiday. No thankyou.

HSC

The only thing that bothers me about not skipping (other than the inconvienience of a period) is that icky/tired feeling I have for the next few days going back onto the active pills.

What time of day do people take theirs and which ones are you on?
    I take Levlen ED at 8:30am.

HSC

so does anyone know about going on and off them, and whether that's ok?
    Fuck you're creepy.

HSC

I'm trying to work out what time of day I'll take it at. There's no time in the day that I'm consistently always doing the same thing. I'll probably just make it like 11am or something. Idk.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information