Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: the pill

HSC

Re: the pill

I'd say the best thing to do is to ask your doctor. I'd think though that going on and off would mess you around a bit and make you feel sick until your hormones would adjust, one of my friends was trying one out for the first time...felt sick, gave up a week in and stopped taking them which made her feel sick for a while longer because her hormones had to re-adjust

Quote Originally Posted by ^CoSMic DoRiS^^
    I'm trying to work out what time of day I'll take it at. There's no time in the day that I'm consistently always doing the same thing. I'll probably just make it like 11am or something. Idk.
    I do mine at 8:30am because I rarely sleep in and I am usually up and awake, I leave it in my handbag because I am usually on the way to work or uni then. You can try and time it with dinner or before bed or something..
    Last edited by melsc; 15 Jun 2008 at 3:34 PM.
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

HSC

I'm trying to work out what time of day I'll take it at. There's no time in the day that I'm consistently always doing the same thing. I'll probably just make it like 11am or something. Idk.
    i just have mine on my bedside table, so as soon as my alarm goes off i take it!!
    She wants

nothing more
    but to be a

little whore

HSC

Fair enough... I tend to find any number of excuses to skip mine: "holidays", "exams", "assignments" etc. Its really no big deal to have one every now and then, its just i feel crap for the first day or so and prefer to avoid it.

I take Norimin-1 and I keep it in the bathroom so have it when i clean my teeth after breakfast or as soon as i get up depending if its a sleep-in morning or not lol.

HSC

Stopping and starting it really mucks up your hormones, as ive experienced lately. Kept spotting and taking the normal ones and then got a heavy bleed and tried the normal ones but not stopping it, and so have to get primulot to stop them for 10days, get an ultrasound tmw (man i cant hold 600ml in my blader let alone 1 litre!! BUT ive got the doc to write up a transvaginal one...where they stick a probe in your vag) and got awful pains and stuf.

so hoping its not another polyp...already ahd enough time off work.

Im thinking of getting the implanon or the mireva system in coz i always forget to take them and stuff, and not always at the same time coz im a shift worker.

Any of you got this? or thinking of getting altenatives to taking the pill? Coz for me this isnt working.
    It will take time to restore chaos. - President Bush in a dumb moment.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by rozymisty

Im thinking of getting the implanon or the mireva system in coz i always forget to take them and stuff, and not always at the same time coz im a shift worker.

Any of you got this? or thinking of getting altenatives to taking the pill? Coz for me this isnt working.
    i had implanon for abot 10 months. the doc said that my periods will be irreglar than they wont come no more. it trned ot that i had my period for a month on then month off twice, then it was 2 months on one off, then it was on for like 2 months straight again so i switched back to the pill. it was so crap

I can't go for that Born Dancer's Avatar
    HSC

i posted this a while ago after talking to my doctor about implanon:

Quote Originally Posted by Born Dancer
    I was talking to my doctor about this last week. He says that he has never seen a case of a happy patient with the implanon. A couple things to consider that he mentioned:

- When lifting your arm (say for example holding on to a handle on a bus) this shows the implanon in your arm, and hence you should probably be comfortable with the assertion of being sexually active.

- The insertion device used to put the implanon in your arm uses a reverse technique to normal syringes. It's a pull back motion instead of a push forward. Also, the implanon is the same colour as this plunger thing in the device so there have been a couple of reported cases of pregnancies because the device was never put in at all.

- The level of hormones in the implanon are unpure (ie a mix with male hormones) and so there can be a lot of problems with increase body hair, acne and weight gain.

- Its apparently really difficult to get out.

- It can cause irregular bleeding /spotting.

I dont put this up to scare you, I have friends who have implanon and have absolutely no problems with it. My Doctor pointed out that he was being biased, and told me to go research it for myself. But to be honest, I am happy with the pill. I went on it ust over a year ago for acne problems, and I've had no real trouble with it.

The bottom line is that everyone reacts differently to different things. I would suggest talking to as many people as you can who have the implanon as well as your doctor.

As for IUDs, my doctor seemed to be much happier to suggest them - they get inserted into the womb, release a pure form of progesterone in slow release from what I can understand. Apparently they got a really bad name in the 70s but it has been proven now that their low success rate during this time was more a case of promiscuity than failure of the treatment itself.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by melsc
    What time of day do people take theirs and which ones are you on?
    I take Brenda 35-ED at around 7.45am after I clean my teeth before work. I often forget on the weekends though and take it a lot later, agh. And it's really hard when you don't have a permanent full-time job because otherwise there isn't often a lot of routine in the morning. Before I was working every day, I ended up taking the pill at night time so it could be a LITTLE bit more regular (though it was easy to forget that way too!).

Quote Originally Posted by lourai*87
    Fair enough... I tend to find any number of excuses to skip mine: "holidays", "exams", "assignments" etc. Its really no big deal to have one every now and then, its just i feel crap for the first day or so and prefer to avoid it.
    Haha I don't even make excuses anymore. I simply skip them because I can't be bothered dealing with a period every month
    Last edited by em_516; 17 Jun 2008 at 3:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hipsta_jess on msn
    omg, i just had my phone in my bra, between my boobs, and i got a msg and it vibrated, and :S

makes the woosh noises ^CoSMic DoRiS^^'s Avatar
    HSC

so I asked my dad to pick up my pill script for me (lol) because he was passing by the chemist and it was convenient, and he came home with juliet. I was prescribed diane :/ he insists its the same thing, so there's no difference right? except apparently juliet is cheaper so he saved me about 30 bucks which I guess is good. but it's the same thing? (lol worry)
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!. ur_inner_child's Avatar
    HSC

different pills may have different ingredients etc, but so long as you start at the red section, it'll be okay (which is how you change over to different pills etc)
    -----------------------------
    B Mus (1st Class Hons) @ UoS/Conservatorium
    MA in Communication Management @ UTS

HSC

i have bad reactions to the pill in any of the forms i've taken it in, but i was thinking of getting a copper IUD which doesnt use chemicals but the presence of the device prevents pregnancy.

does anyone have one? i'm going to talk to my doc about it soon.
    Signature removed for being too big.
    220x600 pixels is the maximum size.

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!. ur_inner_child's Avatar
    HSC

my (at the time) good friend opted for a IUD years ago. So far she isn't pregnant
    -----------------------------
    B Mus (1st Class Hons) @ UoS/Conservatorium
    MA in Communication Management @ UTS

HSC

so I asked my dad to pick up my pill script for me (lol) because he was passing by the chemist and it was convenient, and he came home with juliet. I was prescribed diane :/ he insists its the same thing, so there's no difference right? except apparently juliet is cheaper so he saved me about 30 bucks which I guess is good. but it's the same thing? (lol worry)
    im on juliet, its for acne as well. were u prescribed an acne pill?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by lil lelu
    im on juliet, its for acne as well. were u prescribed an acne pill?
    Yeah I said I wanted something to clear my skin up a bit and I figured whatever she prescribed was the right thing

they go by different names though I suppose, I just wondered whether diane=juliet
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

HSC

yeah same pill... juliet is the generic tho..

i find the generics work just as good.. for all medications.. but i dun use diane.. or juliet.. lol
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

HSC

Yeah I said I wanted something to clear my skin up a bit and I figured whatever she prescribed was the right thing

they go by different names though I suppose, I just wondered whether diane=juliet
    Sounds like its the generic version. If it is it should be the same and it shouldn't be a problem.

I was prescribed microgynon 30ED but I get levlen ED which is the generic version, it has the exact same amount of hormones and is like $10 or so cheaper.

If you are worried ask your doctor or pharmacist
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

HSC

ah ok that's fine then.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyCat
    i have bad reactions to the pill in any of the forms i've taken it in, but i was thinking of getting a copper IUD which doesnt use chemicals but the presence of the device prevents pregnancy.

does anyone have one? i'm going to talk to my doc about it soon.
    Wow you're brave!
    It's a shame you've had issues with the pill.
    omg, i just had my phone in my bra, between my boobs, and i got a msg and it vibrated, and :S

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ur_inner_child
    my (at the time) good friend opted for a IUD years ago. So far she isn't pregnant
    awesome. i might do it, though i've read some horror stories on the webz.

Quote Originally Posted by em_516
    Wow you're brave!
    It's a shame you've had issues with the pill.
    really? brave? why brave?

yeah i break out in rashes, put on 10 kilos and sweat profusely on almost all pills i've been prescribed. any others were dubious in their efficiency, birth control wise, so my GP said.
    Last edited by AlleyCat; 6 Jul 2008 at 2:18 PM.

ashleey luvs roosters katie tully's Avatar
    HSC

IUDs...
    yeah...
    im not terribly keen on them, but when done properly theyre entirely safe and reliable

ABSTINENCE FOR THE WIN!

ashleey luvs roosters katie tully's Avatar
    HSC

alternatively, you can bottle god's tears and inject them once a month

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by AlleyCat
    really? brave? why brave?
    I'm sure it's not really a big deal but I thought it often hurts to get it inserted and stuff :S I'm sure it's all fine but yeh, I'd be way too scared

Just wikied it and it says "After IUD insertion, menstrual periods are often heavier, more painful, or both". How evil! Also lol at "The string(s) may be felt by some men during intercourse."

HSC

yeah i know it sounds kinda scary but its the only backup BC that has no hormones or wierd side effects.

i can handle heavy periods, thats the least of my worries...

HSC

Man you poor thing. It's a shame it's your only real option! Good luck

HSC

IUDs as far as i know are put in under a general. At work when i was doing a pre op shift, there were several girls having a mareva put in and they were out completley.

My first op i had, to remove a polyp, the doc had written in the item numers that it was the same as removing a IUD>....
    It will take time to restore chaos. - President Bush in a dumb moment.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by rozymisty
    IUDs as far as i know are put in under a general. At work when i was doing a pre op shift, there were several girls having a mareva put in and they were out completley.

My first op i had, to remove a polyp, the doc had written in the item numers that it was the same as removing a IUD>....
    oh dear...

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information