Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 646

Thread: the pill

  1. #101
    Rambling Spirit melsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
    Posts
    6,374
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: the pill

    Hey guys,

    I've been on Levlen ED for a year and a half now and I am wondering if this is normal.

    I had my last active pill on Friday and got my period today, I am a bit worried because usually I get my period on the monday night or Tuesday... does this mean something is wrong? It normally takes my body a few days to realise I am not on the active pills.
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

    B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

  2. #102
    Loquacious One +Po1ntDeXt3r+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by melsc
    Hey guys,

    I've been on Levlen ED for a year and a half now and I am wondering if this is normal.

    I had my last active pill on Friday and got my period today, I am a bit worried because usually I get my period on the monday night or Tuesday... does this mean something is wrong? It normally takes my body a few days to realise I am not on the active pills.
    sounds ok to me?

    unless ur bleeding more or for longer.. or have other problems... given the timing it might be that ur body is gettin more in sync with the levlen now..
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

  3. #103
    Rambling Spirit melsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
    Posts
    6,374
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: the pill

    I thought that it might be that, its weird though its not like I have got my period full blown, more like a bit of spotting so I don't know if it's starting to get in to sync with it earlier.

    I haven't been on any anti-botics - jut Iron+Folate tablets, I recently started taking Calicum tablets but I think they should be ok too.
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

    B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

  4. #104
    Loquacious One +Po1ntDeXt3r+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by melsc
    I thought that it might be that, its weird though its not like I have got my period full blown, more like a bit of spotting so I don't know if it's starting to get in to sync with it earlier.

    I haven't been on any anti-botics - jut Iron+Folate tablets, I recently started taking Calicum tablets but I think they should be ok too.
    hmm curious..
    did u miss pills any this month? cos that can cause it too
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

  5. #105
    Rambling Spirit melsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
    Posts
    6,374
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: the pill

    Nope and no sex either. Its weird though, its like my body has no idea if its having a period, on Friday there was a little discharge of a brown colour and then i've only spotted once or twice on Saturday and now nothing much today at all?

    I'll just be careful and see what happens. I am just a bit worried its breakthrough bleeding or something. Iron tablets haven't affected it but the calcium ones are new, could it be that? The only other things I can think of are stress or my thyroid condition but generally even before the pill I have been pretty regular.
    Last edited by melsc; 31 Aug 2008 at 3:23 PM.
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

    B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

  6. #106
    Member melonkitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by katie tully
    IUDs...
    yeah...
    im not terribly keen on them, but when done properly theyre entirely safe and reliable

    ABSTINENCE FOR THE WIN!
    99.99% effective

    Oh, man, it's totally serendipitous. Well, I got off work early, and you know my buddy Derrick? Well he was like, "I've got this acid, but I can't do it." And I was all like, "Well, I'll do it." So I did it. And by the time I got on my banana board, man, I was... I was tripping balls pretty hard, man. So I decided to get on my bench grinder, and a piece of metal flew up and hit me right in the eye. It was pretty awesome. And that brings us to now.


  7. #107
    bludging.. em_516's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,523
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    melsc: You might just be really stressed? It's not exactly abnormal to get your period that soon after stopping the pill I suppose, but yeh, it could just be stress-related. A few months ago I was getting the same kind of thing as you and it happened for like 2 weeks WHILE I was on the pill! I went to the docs to double check there wasn't something wrong and they said it was probably stress-related which I thought was odd but when I really considered it I realised I actually had been kinda stressed (and then the bleeding wasn't helping that either lol). So I just went off the pill and had my period and I was fine after that.

    I guess that's not the same situation but I dunno, I don't think you should be worried. That said, I have no idea about the tablets you're taking.
    Quote Originally Posted by hipsta_jess on msn
    omg, i just had my phone in my bra, between my boobs, and i got a msg and it vibrated, and :S

  8. #108
    Loquacious One +Po1ntDeXt3r+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by melsc
    Nope and no sex either. Its weird though, its like my body has no idea if its having a period, on Friday there was a little discharge of a brown colour and then i've only spotted once or twice on Saturday and now nothing much today at all?

    I'll just be careful and see what happens. I am just a bit worried its breakthrough bleeding or something. Iron tablets haven't affected it but the calcium ones are new, could it be that? The only other things I can think of are stress or my thyroid condition but generally even before the pill I have been pretty regular.
    yeah shouldnt be a problem.. but its very soon for the period..

    could just be B/T ur on levlen... might need sumfing liek the microglycon 50... but for now wait and see .. might be a once off.. if it keeps happening.. u got to look for polyps and other cervix pathology... see if by monday or wed u get ur normal period.
    Last edited by +Po1ntDeXt3r+; 31 Aug 2008 at 6:34 PM.
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

  9. #109
    Passive-aggressive Mod Kwayera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    5,962
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Lol. Just stress my dear, worry not (unless it doesn't go back to normal, then go see a doctor). Why are you on so many supplements anyway? Unless they're prescribed by a doctor it's not wise to add vitamins and minerals willy-nilly, and it's possible to get too much of a good thing. You should be getting those in your diet (except in the case of iron if you're a vego and I suppose calcium if you're vegan?).
    When we reach the city.


  10. #110
    Rambling Spirit melsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
    Posts
    6,374
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by Kwayera
    Lol. Just stress my dear, worry not (unless it doesn't go back to normal, then go see a doctor). Why are you on so many supplements anyway? Unless they're prescribed by a doctor it's not wise to add vitamins and minerals willy-nilly, and it's possible to get too much of a good thing. You should be getting those in your diet (except in the case of iron if you're a vego and I suppose calcium if you're vegan?).
    I wish I didn't have to take them lol, I have two medical conditions which means I don't process Iron efficiently (Thalassemia minor and Hashimoto's Disease) so I need extra help despite eating lots of meat etc. Its so frustrating because I have meat most days of the week as well as a glass of milo before bed and still nothing. As for the calcium, I am lactose intollerant so I get a bit of dairy from lactose free milk and yoghurt but not that much.. Its all prescribed by a doctor and I have a pretty balanced diet.

    Quote Originally Posted by +Po1ntDeXt3r+
    yeah shouldnt be a problem.. but its very soon for the period..

    could just be B/T ur on levlen... might need sumfing liek the microglycon 50... but for now wait and see .. might be a once off.. if it keeps happening.. u got to look for polyps and other cervix pathology... see if by monday or wed u get ur normal period.
    I'll wait it out, and if it happens again I'll be straight off to the doctor lol. I'm hoping I don't need anything stronger because I am a pretty small person (155cm and 45-46kg) and I don't know how my body will take it lol. Otherwise I have found Levlen hasn't been too bad.
    Last edited by melsc; 31 Aug 2008 at 9:59 PM.
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

    B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

  11. #111
    Loquacious One +Po1ntDeXt3r+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by melsc
    I wish I didn't have to take them lol, I have two medical conditions which means I don't process Iron efficiently (Thalassemia minor and Hashimoto's Disease) so I need extra help despite eating lots of meat etc. Its so frustrating because I have meat most days of the week as well as a glass of milo before bed and still nothing. As for the calcium, I am lactose intollerant so I get a bit of dairy from lactose free milk and yoghurt but not that much.. Its all prescribed by a doctor and I have a pretty balanced diet.


    I'll wait it out, and if it happens again I'll be straight off to the doctor lol. I'm hoping I don't need anything stronger because I am a pretty small person (155cm and 45-46kg) and I don't know how my body will take it lol. Otherwise I have found Levlen hasn't been too bad.
    WOW.. that would suck :S
    cos there is a problem with that....... they ruin ur natural glands... thal by iron .. when i use to be a clinical thal major researcher (technically still am) if they needed transfusions.. their sex developement is messed up by the iron overload..
    but only if u needed transfusions

    thats pretty underweigh but with the chronic diseases i suspect that it doesnt help... i think u should wait and see.. it wouldnt kill u in the next yr if i was anything serious :\
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

  12. #112
    Rambling Spirit melsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Chasing ambulances in the Inner West...
    Posts
    6,374
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by +Po1ntDeXt3r+
    WOW.. that would suck :S
    cos there is a problem with that....... they ruin ur natural glands... thal by iron .. when i use to be a clinical thal major researcher (technically still am) if they needed transfusions.. their sex developement is messed up by the iron overload..
    but only if u needed transfusions

    thats pretty underweigh but with the chronic diseases i suspect that it doesnt help... i think u should wait and see.. it wouldnt kill u in the next yr if i was anything serious :\
    I do consider myself lucky that by being a carrier I am only prone to anemia and don't have to have blood transfusions etc... My endocrinologist says my weight is ok provided it doesn't go any lower but the only explanation he has for the weightloss is the fluctuation in thryroid function, its weird because its underactive so I should be gaining weight but he said it can go hyperactive at some points as well, I don't know if this will change when I go on the thyroxine but they haven't given it to me yet as I am not too bad at the moment. A low-gi diet has seemed to help me because generally otherwise I feel shakey and crap if I don't eat every few hours lol basically my metabolism is stuffed but at least I am not overweight.

    I'll see how this pill stuff goes over the next few days but I think I should be fine.
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

    B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

  13. #113
    Junior Member luisalow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    north shore
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: the pill

    you're definately pregnant

  14. #114
    Loquacious One +Po1ntDeXt3r+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by melsc
    I do consider myself lucky that by being a carrier I am only prone to anemia and don't have to have blood transfusions etc... My endocrinologist says my weight is ok provided it doesn't go any lower but the only explanation he has for the weightloss is the fluctuation in thryroid function, its weird because its underactive so I should be gaining weight but he said it can go hyperactive at some points as well, I don't know if this will change when I go on the thyroxine but they haven't given it to me yet as I am not too bad at the moment. A low-gi diet has seemed to help me because generally otherwise I feel shakey and crap if I don't eat every few hours lol basically my metabolism is stuffed but at least I am not overweight.

    I'll see how this pill stuff goes over the next few days but I think I should be fine.
    ur IBS might be causing malabsorption and it can cause breakthrough
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

  15. #115
    New Year's Eve lorikeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: the pill

    are there any that don't give you bigger breasts? because i most definitely do not ever want bigger ones. smaller perhaps?

  16. #116
    makes the woosh noises ^CoSMic DoRiS^^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    middle of nowhere
    Posts
    5,290
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by lorikeet
    are there any that don't give you bigger breasts? because i most definitely do not ever want bigger ones. smaller perhaps?
    Its different for everyone but I think it's pretty common for them to get a bit bigger. How much would probably depend on your genetics and the specific pill I guess? Mine haven't gotten that much bigger but I come from a gene pool full of flat chested women so I wasn't holding my breath lol.

    I doubt very much there's a pill to make them smaller though...
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

  17. #117
    Passive-aggressive Mod Kwayera's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    5,962
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Answer to all questions in this thread: talk to your doctor.
    When we reach the city.


  18. #118
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    HSC
    2001
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    714
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: the pill

    If you are getting bleeding whilst taking the active pills, stop the active ones and let it bleed and then start the active ones. I found that out recently when i went to my specialist and she said that once you get a proper bleed, even when taking the active ones, your meant to stop taking it and let nature go and then go back on it.

    Annoying but meh.
    It will take time to restore chaos. - President Bush in a dumb moment.

  19. #119
    Junior Member hjp.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by lorikeet
    are there any that don't give you bigger breasts? because i most definitely do not ever want bigger ones. smaller perhaps?
    when i went on the pill six months ago (yasmin), i was like a B.
    i'm now close to a DD, and have put on a few kilos.

    i hate my new boobs.
    i resent them.
    2008 UAI: 96.65

  20. #120
    Senior Member ChockoRepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    867
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by hjp.
    when i went on the pill six months ago (yasmin), i was like a B.
    i'm now close to a DD, and have put on a few kilos.

    i hate my new boobs.
    i resent them.
    don't be stupid. the larger the boobs the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiah View Post
    Business Studies doesn't have a sexuality, to begin with.
    if it not boy or girl, den wat is it?

  21. #121
    New Year's Eve lorikeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: the pill

    no. just no.

  22. #122
    Junior Member hjp.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    143
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by ChockoRepublic
    don't be stupid. the larger the boobs the better.

    you sound like my boyfriend/.
    i think he's the only one who appreciates it.
    2008 UAI: 96.65

  23. #123
    Loquacious One +Po1ntDeXt3r+'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by vulgarfraction
    Someone help... are all the active pills the same? I did something stupid this month and didn't follow the arrows, so I ended up taking the first active one, then went onto the last week. Only realised yesterday and then picked up where I left off.

    I'm not worried about getting pregnant or anything; just want to know how much I've fucked up my hormones/body...
    what brand tho?

    if its microglygon, levlen, yasmin, juliet, diane and about 40 others.. then active = active

    there are only 2 where tats different... sounds ok to me..
    to be honest.. it wont harm you much if u did.. unless u get pregnant... then i have no control over the ppl ur with.
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

  24. #124
    russell Russdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    271
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: the pill

    Quote Originally Posted by hjp.
    you sound like my boyfriend/.
    i think he's the only one who appreciates it.
    and that's bad because?

  25. #125
    I can't go for that Born Dancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Chateau
    Posts
    1,215
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: the pill

    I'm not sure if it changes according to which type you are taking, but I'm on Yasmin and all of the active tablets are the same. If you turn the packet over it should say on the back.

    EDIT: ^ oh

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •