Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: the pill

HSC

the pill

Please post all discussion regarding female contraception here.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

what is the pill that has weight loss as a possible side effect?
    Last edited by The_highwayman; 13 Apr 2009 at 6:08 PM. Reason: Thread Stickied.
    The Ranger has spoken

HSC

Re: the pill

yasmin

im on it. im not allowed to be on a weight gain pill or else i get fired

HSC

did you mean 'the pill' or a weight loss pill

i meant theee pill.

HSC
    to the left, a little below the right and right in front of the left handed right man

Depends on the person. Yasmin made me put like five kilos on.
    nothing was beautiful and everything hurt

HSC

really?

wow

HSC
    to the left, a little below the right and right in front of the left handed right man

Then I went on a lower dose of estrogen and lost it all in a week.

So really, it depends.
    nothing was beautiful and everything hurt

HSC

cool school.

i love the pill.

makes life so much easier. i was constantly fainting before i went on it.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by luisalow1
    did you mean 'the pill' or a weight loss pill

i meant theee pill.

yeah i meant the pill.

i dont want to go on the pill and magically put on 10 kilos overnight
    The Ranger has spoken

HSC

yasmin and diane are the best to avoid weight gain. I'm personally on yasmin and it makes life easier. Clears away my pimples, stops me from getting pregnant and i can control my periods..what more do you want? lol

HSC

If you were constantly fainting, thats obviously something to do with your low iron levels. Maybe you should take iron and folate tablets, but get a blood test to see if you are anaemic or just deficient

I went on the pill in 2003 I think, coz mine were horrifically heavy. Went off it after mum found me sneaking it into the house, being a catholic and all that stuff about not having contraception etc (but thats another issue), then went back on it.

I find sometimes it doesnt help at all. I get long periods and even when im on the active ones i still bleed. For example last year, I went to the doc after at around a 3wk period she said its prob nerves and stress from uni. The next day, saturday I woke up feeling really sick, was worried it was TSS, went straight to a doctor and forked out the $60, and she sent me for a pelvic Ultraasound (OMG THEY ARE SOO DIFFICULT! Ihave a small bladder and you have to have like 1L in there, difficult when they are pressing down to get the images).
    Then went back to the doc wtih the results, she said there was a polyp and sent me to a gynaecologist who saw me like 3 wks later. By that time it was 7wks of bleeding, a few days it was so heavy it was like changing every 1hr literally-very annoying and VERY expensive!
    Luckily i dindt pass out from enormous blood loss.
    WHen i saw the gynae, he kept asking me if i could be pregnant and im like no not inless its an immaculate conception or i was drugged and raped in my sleep. Coz the scans showed something similar to like a placenta. He wanted to get me on the table the next day, but I coudlnt coz of uni, and the expense and stuff.

But after the op, I had 12 days light post op bleeding, then 2wks of a normal period, during whcih that time i had the worse pain imaginable that another doc sent me to get a repeat scan whcih showed nothing.

After that all settled down, I have found that the blledding is a lot less, and pain is somewhat a tiny bit less.

So yeah im not sure if that growth was caused by being on the pill and skipping periods etc, or just normal growth for me. But it was a hell of a pain to go through!
    It will take time to restore chaos. - President Bush in a dumb moment.

HSC

im on levlen and its great...i have not lost, nor gained weight, although i am slightly underweight, and my face is really clear and no horrible bed ridden cramps!!!

HSC

Im on that too. But i find it makes my boobs more tender, and i went to get an ultrasound last wk coz they were sore, and the doc suggested I try another pill, which has a lower dosage, but its not on the PBS.

HSC

Dexies dude.

Dexies. ;D

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkii
    yasmin and diane are the best to avoid weight gain. I'm personally on yasmin and it makes life easier. Clears away my pimples, stops me from getting pregnant and i can control my periods..what more do you want? lol
    diane (aka juliet & brenda) has a really high dosage of hormones...i wouldnt suggest it at all

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by rozymisty
    If you were constantly fainting, thats obviously something to do with your low iron levels. Maybe you should take iron and folate tablets, but get a blood test to see if you are anaemic or just deficient

I went on the pill in 2003 I think, coz mine were horrifically heavy. Went off it after mum found me sneaking it into the house, being a catholic and all that stuff about not having contraception etc (but thats another issue), then went back on it.

I find sometimes it doesnt help at all. I get long periods and even when im on the active ones i still bleed. For example last year, I went to the doc after at around a 3wk period she said its prob nerves and stress from uni. The next day, saturday I woke up feeling really sick, was worried it was TSS, went straight to a doctor and forked out the $60, and she sent me for a pelvic Ultraasound (OMG THEY ARE SOO DIFFICULT! Ihave a small bladder and you have to have like 1L in there, difficult when they are pressing down to get the images).
    Then went back to the doc wtih the results, she said there was a polyp and sent me to a gynaecologist who saw me like 3 wks later. By that time it was 7wks of bleeding, a few days it was so heavy it was like changing every 1hr literally-very annoying and VERY expensive!
    Luckily i dindt pass out from enormous blood loss.
    WHen i saw the gynae, he kept asking me if i could be pregnant and im like no not inless its an immaculate conception or i was drugged and raped in my sleep. Coz the scans showed something similar to like a placenta. He wanted to get me on the table the next day, but I coudlnt coz of uni, and the expense and stuff.

But after the op, I had 12 days light post op bleeding, then 2wks of a normal period, during whcih that time i had the worse pain imaginable that another doc sent me to get a repeat scan whcih showed nothing.

After that all settled down, I have found that the blledding is a lot less, and pain is somewhat a tiny bit less.

So yeah im not sure if that growth was caused by being on the pill and skipping periods etc, or just normal growth for me. But it was a hell of a pain to go through!
    that sounds terrible
    The Ranger has spoken

HSC

hey, the pill doesnt usually make you lose weight but gain it. most ppl i kno arnt afeected by the pills side effects (i've been on it since i was 11 and neva suffered from any of the side effects!)

HSC

actually it has been reported to do both.. depending on the person
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

HSC

Yeah it was rather horrible. And so expensive, like even though i got the home brand tampons, Id be buying a new packet every 1-3 days....soo annoying!! Hopefully that doesnt happen again.

Im not sure if it was going on the pill or working at KFC and getting all that free food when i closed up that made me pile on heaps of weight. I think it was the KFC lol.

HSC

yep, fat/fast food does that to you

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by parramattitude
    im on levlen and its great...i have not lost, nor gained weight, although i am slightly underweight, and my face is really clear and no horrible bed ridden cramps!!!
    I just started on Levlen ED (I think I've taken about 10 of the active pills) and haven't gained weight yet although I wouldn't mind a kilo or two because I am a bit underweight, although I suppose I could gain weight because I haven't been on it that long.
    B Arts (Sociology) - Arts done! / B Laws - Macquarie University (2007-2010) 98/116 cp completed
    *~* Autumn 2010- LAW428, LAW511, 200646 *~*
    Trade Practices Law, Honours Thesis and Advocacy (UWS)

B Social Science(Criminology)/B Laws - UWS (2006)
    Class of '05 - Strathfield Girls High School
    LAW, UWS & Legal Studies Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    They should have this info in the prospectus! Maybe one of us should write "The Good Guide To Guys in Uni"

HSC

i second yasmin
    i am 49 kilos with 10D/DD boobs and i haven't had anything close to a zit for over a year
    thankyou yasmin

HSC

oo Id have to have DD boobs, thats just like hmm too big, and sometimes looks so fake! I know several people who have had breast reductions coz they were DD and found it too much pain, like mainly in their back.
    Im happy with a C cup, consdiering im a late bloomer lol, and I dont want any higher...u can enhance them with chicken fillets (hahaha kath and kim telemovie) or push up bra.

HSC

breast reduction occurs at like G or F cups... ppl with ridiculously large breast.. and those with high risk of breast cancers..
    I take no responsibility for this post's content

makes the woosh noises ^CoSMic DoRiS^^'s Avatar
    HSC

maybe a dumb question but i've never used the pill. when you go to the doctor and ask to be put on it can you choose which one you want to go on? (ie can you specifically say, 'i want to go on yasmin' or whatever?) or does the doc choose for you.

edit: another silly question (but hey that's what the interweb is for i guess) - do you have to have your own medicare card when you go to the doctor? im not familiar with the whole process, i go to the doctor maybe once every 5 years when something is majorly wrong with me and as far as i know i'm still on my parent's medicare card. i can easily get my own, i just wanna know...coz i kind of want to go on the pill but i know my mother will freak the fuck out at me if i say so, so i want to keep it under wraps from her if i do it.
    Last edited by ^CoSMic DoRiS^^; 13 Jul 2007 at 7:45 PM.
    Ten thousand dollars at the drop of a hat, I'd give it all gladly, if our lives could be like that.

HSC

Generally, the doctor will look at your medical history, and find out like your history about your periods, and talk about the main reason for you wanting to be on the pill. Some pills are better for those girls who want to treat their acne, others control the actual period etc. I think when I went, my doc just said ok we'll start you on Levlen and ive been on that since.

in regards to seeing the doctor, you could just for hte moment borrow your parents medicare card and tell them that you need to see a doctor, just make up some excuse. And while you are out, go to your nearest Medicare office, and ask them for your own Medicare card. It doesnt cost you anything. Your parents will get a new card I think as well, without your name on the card, or maybe you can elect for your name to stay on their card.

I had the same fear as you, going and getting the pill behind mums back. When she found out that i was hiding it under my pillow, she blew the roof off nearly lol. Which is quite strange since she's on a similar thing i think. But eventually she finally listened to my reasons for going on it. She prob mainly thought i was having sex, which is not at all true, I went on it to control my periods, even though that didnt work until late last year after I had that operation.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information