Is there a limit on how big your muscles grow? (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Hi
I know there is a limit but what im asking is for a 17yo, who has been doing weights everynight ( 3 sets of 12 reps of bicep curls, bicep hammer curls, shoulder press, over row , chest press, tricep curl).

Is there a point were they wont grow, or as long as I do them every night they rip and grow.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Hi
I know there is a limit but what im asking is for a 17yo, who has been doing weights everynight ( 3 sets of 12 reps of bicep curls, bicep hammer curls, shoulder press, over row , chest press, tricep curl).

Is there a point were they wont grow, or as long as I do them every night they rip and grow.
yeah there is a limit.
yeah there is a point where you feel you may have hit a brick wall and they won't grow as much but what you gotta do is keep your muscles stimulated by pushing yourself harder and eating right :). Use the element of 'surprise' on your body too!

Like for example you might do 3x12 for a month then switch over to 4x6 for a week. This will cause your body to be 'surprised'! You can do the same with diet too!

Shoom

HSC
N/A
And how does this surprise help?

Also, how much protein should I be getting a day?

dux&src

HSC
And how does this surprise help?

Also, how much protein should I be getting a day?
it makes your body respond of course :)

about protein you should probably go for about 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass (muscle mass not including fat) :)

so if you are about 57 kg like me that would be approx. 125 pounds but not all of that mass is muscle of course sooo you gotta make approximations as to how much lean body mass you have on ya..so for me i'd probably need to consume about 100 grams of protein a day although i rarely get this amount even on the days i go to the gym..
i seem to be doing alright with approx. 70 grams of protein from "Up and Go" drinks 350 mL and 2 cans of tuna :)

Last edited:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the help.

Hey err, I only do like 80 crunches a day, lol, then my lower back gets really sore. How many should I be doing?

dux&src

HSC
Thanks for the help.

Hey err, I only do like 80 crunches a day, lol, then my lower back gets really sore. How many should I be doing?
Always here to help avid teen strength trainers :)

ONLY:jaw:! haha i think that's quite a lot of crunches you do. Maybe you should try other forms of the crunch too e.g. side crunches, inclined crunches, seated crunches, bicycle crunches (fav), reverse crunch

Oh and don't forget the ultimate HANGING LEG RAISE check this one out it's one of the best ways to work those abdominal muscles if done correctly :)

But you can't rely on one particular exercise to work those abs you gotta perform all sorts of crunches,hanging leg raises etc to get a nice set of abs

go for 3x 10 of a particular crunch and then move on to other crunches and other abdominal exercises :)

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Hi

www.bodybuilding.com

/thread.

p.s. change your workout program.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
back when i was a 17 year old i used to do weights once a week at the local fitness first.

the day after gym session i'd be completely sore all over (DOMS), so i have no idea how u can do all those weights every night, maybe u have super healing, or maybe ur not pushing yourself hard enough.

and i think there is a certain size where ur muscles just plateau, but that happens after a few years, not when ur 17, but i guess at ur age u wont be able to get literally as big as arnie..

check this out

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
back when i was a 17 year old i used to do weights once a week at the local fitness first.

the day after gym session i'd be completely sore all over (DOMS), so i have no idea how u can do all those weights every night, maybe u have super healing, or maybe ur not pushing yourself hard enough.

and i think there is a certain size where ur muscles just plateau, but that happens after a few years, not when ur 17, but i guess at ur age u wont be able to get literally as big as arnie..

check this out
working out actually helps the "healing" process, allowing more blood flow etc etc and so forth.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
After I do my workout, im dead. Arms shaking, veins popped out, heart feels like its gonna rip outta my rib cage. Ill try doing the oblique crunches aswell as normal crunches.

and 23 why should I change my workout program?

Last edited:

dux&src

HSC
After I do my workout, im dead. Arms shaking, veins popped out, heart feels like its gonna rip outta my rib cage. Ill try doing the oblique crunches aswell as normal crunches.

Wow seems like a pretty tough workout you put your bodyy through :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC

I meant stop doing crunches all together. Really bad for your back.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Yeah, maybe I should, or just lower how many I do, cause it does hurt my lower back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)