Contact Lenses (1 Viewer)

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Anyone wear them?
I tried (trial) some a few weeks ago and loved it, but been busy/cbf/exams to order some.
Anyway what type do people wear? I was considering going for the acuvue dailies(moist) but i'm unsure if they'll be uncomfortable after a long long period of time, as in until late late nights(which will probably happen alot postHSC). Anyone care to share some experience on this?
It'll feel cheap/weird going back to ask for more trials when i'm probably gonna order mine online though.
I was considering going fortnightlies too but errm, i think they'll obviously go bad after awhile and i'm not 100% sure ill be using them everyday so... /shrug
anyone care to share any thoughts/advice?
I hear acuvue is generally the best/most popular though

johony

HSC
i use acuvue moist dailies now. it's twice the price of the fortnightlies i used to use before (acuvue oasys), but i find them far more convenient and comfortable - fortnightlies you'll have to worry about cleaning and for me, they tend to pick up protein and dirt easily.
i find netoptical has pretty good prices, and are much better than the exoribitant prices charged at most optometrists.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
i use acuvue moist dailies now. it's twice the price of the fortnightlies i used to use before (acuvue oasys), but i find them far more convenient and comfortable - fortnightlies you'll have to worry about cleaning and for me, they tend to pick up protein and dirt easily.
i find netoptical has pretty good prices, and are much better than the exoribitant prices charged at most optometrists.
Truth.
This man speaks it.

izzy88

HSC
I have Bausch and Lomb 'PureVision' (I just read that off the pack), anyway, they last for a month. I love them, I don't have to worry about taking them out at night/putting them back on in the morning. I haven't had any issues with them, my eyes don't seem to dry out (which is what some people seem to have problems with), they only get uncomfortable when the month is up, then I take them out. I think they are fairly expensive, but they work so I'm happy. :)

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Hey guys, prescription doesn't change between the daily/monthly/fortnightlies right?
I rang my optometrist today to ask for a trial for the weekly ones(i previously got some for the daily ones) and aparrently i need to go back for another test or something?
Sounds like they're trying to rort me.

johony

HSC
Hey guys, prescription doesn't change between the daily/monthly/fortnightlies right?
I rang my optometrist today to ask for a trial for the weekly ones(i previously got some for the daily ones) and aparrently i need to go back for another test or something?
Sounds like they're trying to rort me.
between different brands there are different base curves (fit) and diameters (size, doesn't matter so much afaik). i think they're just checking up as a precaution, but really if you're comfortable with what you have then stay with what you have, and go up or down .1 maximum for base curve.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Hmph, i hope they don't charge me then, i'm flat out brokeee.
I don't see how it could be too different though, esp since im going for the same brand(acuvue), and i'd imagine the prescription should be universal between all brands: there should be general standards for stuff like this! grr.

johony

HSC
Hmph, i hope they don't charge me then, i'm flat out brokeee.
I don't see how it could be too different though, esp since im going for the same brand(acuvue), and i'd imagine the prescription should be universal between all brands: there should be general standards for stuff like this! grr.
well the base curve is mentioned on the side of the box and on the individual pack itself, but some brands have only 2 varieties of base curve.

for instance the oasys has 8.4 and 8.8, whereas acuvue dailies only come in 8.5 and 9.0

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Oh fuck me, they already charged me $50 for my initial fitting fee, i hope they dont charge me again cos i decided to change.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
I can strongly vouch for and recommend netoptical for anyone looking for a place to buy online, great service and quick delivery.

Allymarie_xo

HSC
i've had contacts for around a year now and havn't looked back. i used acuve fortnightlys or something rather. just gotta clean them daily. but it's easy enough.
i wear them everyday. i HATE glasses. so contacts are perfect. :D

Oliver04

HSC
Hey guys I'm getting a pair for christmas. Is it possible to read books/computer screens for long periods with contacts? it would drive me up the wall with my glasses...

lala2

Banned
HSC
Same here as Omie. I can't wear contact lenses long term due to the funny shape of my eyes, but I prefer wearing contacts for special occasions only anyway. Because of the strength of my prescription (-6.00) I had a choice between Bausch & Lomb SofLens Daily Disposables or CIBA Vision Dailies AquaComfort Plus. I really liked the B&L ones--the CIBA Vision ones made my eyes really dry and irritated even though they were smaller in size and therefore easier to put in.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
Definitely Acuvue Oasys - have had them for the past few years now and they work perfectly. Depending on your optometrist, they may give you a first week trial where they issue you a different brand for each eye to give you a test run re comfort level. That's what happened to me (can't remember the name of the other brand) but it was uncomfortable as I could feel it in my eye the whole time, as opposed to Acuvue which just slips straight in and it's like you're not wearing them at all!

I use fortnightlies, ends up being around 160~ for a duration of 6months.
And I've had them before in me for 24hrs (overnight) as I forgot to take them out once, nothing really happens asides from some eye sleep - definitely shouldn't keep them in overnight but if it does happen, nothing major.

johony

HSC
I use fortnightlies, ends up being around 160~ for a duration of 6months.
And I've had them before in me for 24hrs (overnight) as I forgot to take them out once, nothing really happens asides from some eye sleep - definitely shouldn't keep them in overnight but if it does happen, nothing major.
good to hear
i'm constantly worried at the prospect of passing out at a party or anywhere and waking up with stuck or hardened lenses in the morning.

Last edited:

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I wear them when i go out or play sport, i wear Cooper Vision Biomedics, there the 1 day disposable ones. Way better than glasses when your in a situation where glasses could slip off or easily break.

There really good imo. There $110 for 90, after prescription. Naturally, they take a bit of practice to get in once you first get them, but in no time you will be putting them on within like 30 seconds. Also, at first if not in perfect position you can feel them in your eyes, but they slip in either by your hand or automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)