The "I'm Fat" Friend - annoying! (1 Viewer)

eilys close

HSC
I'm sure we've all heard someone say "I'm SOOOOOOOOOO fat!" but do you have a friend who is
-skinny (or slimmer than you at least)
-constantly saying they're fat

I do. And it's is so annoying.

I know my role is life is to make my friends look good (as the token fat white girl in a group of asians), and I love them to bits, but I really wish I could yell "SHUT UP!" and they'd listen, and actually stop. Don't they realise how hurtful it is to people who actually are fat, and to themselves?

On the otherside, do you have a friend who is constantly saying they're hungry or talking about food? I have two of them too. I have one who literally cannot stop thinking about food, cooking or eating and it drives me NUTS. Especially since I haven't eaten lunch at school for two and a half years (it's actually a habit now, so I don't feel hungry ... well, until my friend's obsession began) and I've started to feel hunger pains again. I know their obsession is unhealthy for them (um, her shirt buttons pop off now - doesn't that tell you anything) but I can't get them to stop.

So in one ear I have "and when i get home I'm gonna bake a chocolate cake smothered in grease and oh my god I'm so hungry" and in the other ear someone saying "Omg I'm so fat, I'm so ugly I'm 30kg and when I go to my formal the boat will sink!"

All I'm saying is, if you are one of these people, give your freinds a break! Only mention hunger within 5 minutes before meal, eat normally, and only complain of fat when you weigh over 100kg!

(I'd like to clarify now I am not 100kg, but I do have a very realistic opinion of my body, and I know it's not good)

efhat

HSC
make friends with fatter people, that will solve the problem

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Nutritional advice: What you are doing is so bad for your health!(Before you acuse me of not knowing what its like, I have been helping my b/f lose weight, like most he tried to cut out meals etc and was really misinformed about nutrition. He now says he wishes that he knew the things he did, cutting out meals makes it much harder) Cutting out meals IS NOT the way to lose weight and can actually make you gain weight! When you consume too little kjs your body goes into starvation mode and actually turns what you eat into fat, hording it because it doesn't know when it will next get food. Please do yourself a favour and look up what the accepted minimum daily intake for a person of your size and activity level. 5-6 small meals a day is a much better option

Re your friends: Tell your friends to stop being immature and sensitive, tell them if they say they feel fat IMAGINE how bad it makes you feel. Your friends should be supportive, tell them you want help, tell them what they do now impedes your efforts.

Please eat, you need good food not NO food!

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
Especially since I haven't eaten lunch at school for two and a half years (it's actually a habit now, so I don't feel hungry ... well, until my friend's obsession began) and I've started to feel hunger pains again. I know their obsession is unhealthy for them (um, her shirt

Only mention hunger within 5 minutes before meal, eat normally, and only complain of fat when you weigh over 100kg!

(I'd like to clarify now I am not 100kg, but I do have a very realistic opinion of my body, and I know it's not good)
personally, i'd take your own advice... skipping meals on purpose is not eating normally.

also, tell your friends what you think, dont just blurt out "YOU"RE NOT FAT." tell them what you truly think, as that's what friends do, they are honest with one another.

rozymisty

HSC
yeah and us nurses hate you lot now, who use the new meth, coz you totally forget that youve taken it and assult us....hm but maybe yeah go ahead and take it, get in trouble with the cops and there goes your chance of a passport or visa.... good that may serve you right.

hm back on topic, my housemates are asian and so they are naturally skinny (i hate seeing fat asians coz id love to have their natural skinniess) and complain that oh no im more now 50kg lol. Im 88kg, and hate it, and it just hurts more when they go on about them being 'fat', like get a grip, do you have a muffin top, do your thighs rub etc etc? Well if no, then your not fat. Me, i am doing something about it. Am sick of getting indigestion, but i dont think thats coz of the overweight but a thing that can be improved through diet, even though i dont eat 'indigestion triggering foods'......and im sick of getting big clothes and not being able to wear nice clothes...

HSC

You have just hurt the feelings of my friends you insensitive whore. You don't know what fat is!

You have conveniently defined the term "fat" to fit your current situation and make you the star of condolences. There is no generally accepted numerical value to define fat- dictionary definitions use words like "relative abundance of" and "excessive".

If you are an asian with the slim gene, you probably have grown up and live with a very slim family where to be fat might be your first tummy roll. It might be your first bit of cellulite. It might be a kilogram above what your mother weighed in at the same age as you. The point is (excepting levels at health risk), they have the right to be unhappy with their weight just as you do and to actively do something about it.

If your friends whine about their weight constantly (.. or the weather)- well that's just fucking annoying. But the occasional mention of self dissatisfaction doesn't throw the spotlight on you.

Unless of course you'd feel more comfortable that your friends are ever aware of your HORRIBLE WEIGHT and tiptoe their words carefully around you because it is such a MELODRAMATIC issue- "Poor girl" they cry.
I don't agree with ALL of this post, but yeah, +0.5

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
yeah and us nurses hate you lot now, who use the new meth, coz you totally forget that youve taken it and assult us....hm but maybe yeah go ahead and take it, get in trouble with the cops and there goes your chance of a passport or visa.... good that may serve you right.
lol, you can still get a passport with convictions, for any crime, let alone assault.

You can kill someone, be convicted of drug trafficking etc.. and they'll hand you a passport on your release.

Whether you can get a visa depends on the country and crime, but one assault won't bar you from anywhere good.

ay0_x

HSC
88 kg...
how lazy are you and how much do you eat ffs

Vaeth

HSC
Oh dear, I have one of those. she sh*ts me up the wall somedays. But it's not so much about her weight, but her boobs.
"You've got bigger boobs than me! i'm so flat! I want big boobs like you!"
urrgghhh what's more she goes on to say 'Why can't I be thin like you and have big boobs too?! not fair!'
I tell her it's all in relation to your fat%, but I tone my chest and pec muscles so that adds err 'size' to mine.

what do I tell her? "Want big boobs? gain 10 kilos. want to stay healthy and keep your figure? You have to make a sacrifice!"

s3a6m9

HSC
i have one friend who is NOT fat but yet says 'im so fat, look at my rolls' etc ALL THE TIME! it makes others feel like crap when they are bigger then her nd she thinks shes fat.
i also have an anorexic friend who thinks she is of normal weight. she only ever eats chocolate nd doesn't do any sport. this is a really unhealthy diet. also she is 16 and is lucky if she weights 40kg which clearly shows she is UNDERWIGHT and not in the normal range.
i've also got a friend who has recently lost 20kgs and is on the verge of been anerexic. she is now complaining that her formal dress wont fit her becasue she put on 2 kgs!!!!!!
these comments really annoy me. i get sick to death of hearing all this everyday and just have to walk away from it all

bio_nut

HSC
I have the opposite problem. I'm the skinny one and therefore the punching bag and have to hear about how I'm sooooo lucky and I don't know what it's like and I have to constantly tell them how gorgeous they are. If I'm body confident it's showing off.

I'm not lucky, I fucking exercise. Fuck.

HSC
It's no more annoying than the
"I'm ugly
I'm short
I'm too skinny
I'm too poor
My boyfriend sucks"

friends.

In conclusion: friends are shit.

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
omg that picture burned my eyes!

and @sophistikahtee - exactly.
i hate when people say shit like that. just get over yourself

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Friends putting themselves down is always annoying if you don't see it from their point of view but it helps not to take it personally, as if them saying they're fat reflects badly on you or is somehow making a comment about your own weight. It's not. And if it is, find new friends.

Everyone has insecurities about their appearance, not just overweight people...so maybe instead of being cut up about it, remember that they are not perfect either and they can complain if they want to, despite how annoying it is. It doesn't have anything to do with you or what you look like.

I remember once my bestie and I were both simultaneously having "fat/ugly" feeling days and we were having this bullshit conversation that pretty much went "I don't like X" "oh well at least you don't have Y like me" for ages. We are pretty much opposites in body type so this kind of talk could literally go on forever. I started to see the funny side of it and I made us both draw a caricature of the other person based on what we'd been saying about ourselves, and then hold it up to reality to snap us out of it. Because it was just so dumb. We probably lost brain cells for even having the conversation. DUMB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)