Performance Enhancing Drugs. (1 Viewer)

NewiJapper

HSC
Misleading title but it works. What does everyone think about using "drugs"/over the counter medicine like fish oil tablets etc that can apparently enhance memeory, brain function, concentration and relieve stress and so on.

Have you ever taken them?
If so, did you notice a difference?
If not, would it be worth trying?

Tim035

HSC
I swear this exact same thread was made a few months back (it even used fish oil tablets as an example).

I don't think you are going to consciously notice a better memory from taking fish-oil tablets. Although my brother who is really hyperactive / borderline ADD finds he can concentrate a lot better after having them.

I work in a pharmacy and a lot of old people swear by things like osteo-eze & calcium supplements to reduce joint pain / swelling.

I think with almost all of them the effect is just so borderline that you really can't tell if it's the drug or just the placebo effect.

philphie

Banned
HSC
during my cram periods the only kind of 'brain food' i eat is tuna, yoghurt and tomato juice

HSC
Don't know about fish oil but apparently ginko doesn't work. Vitamin B complex is good for people who are often tired and I find that red ginseng works for me during assessment periods when I need a shitload of energy for hardcore studying but I'm not sure if that's just due to placebo effect. But whatever gets me there is good enough.

It depends on how much of the stuff you take and sometimes it takes a while for you to be able to see an improvement.

Last edited:

Tim035

HSC
Taketheatrain, who is your display pic?

louy

HSC
N/A
During all my exams and study period, I took the fish oil pills. I dunno if it helped improve my memory, but I passed all my exams with decent grades and thats all that matters.

I am taking Glucosamine sulfate at the moment cos I am training for a big run. about 1000mg twice a day.

I know I need to increase my protein intake now, especially after training to help my recovery period. Does anyone know anything, can recommend anything ?? What protein supplement are people taking and what food / drink stuff do you take after training ??

toogood_

HSC
I have been taking fish oil tablets for the past 6 months, and I always forget the names of my friends or where I last put my phone.

I take Iron tablets, but my doctor is always complaining about my low iron levels.

I take Vitamin C tablets but I constantly get the flu.

Meh, you can make your own conclusion. :):spzz:

russs

yeeeee
HSC
Misleading title but it works. What does everyone think about using "drugs"/over the counter medicine like fish oil tablets etc that can apparently enhance memeory, brain function, concentration and relieve stress and so on.

Have you ever taken them?
If so, did you notice a difference?
If not, would it be worth trying?
Based on my experience. For others it may be different.

Fish oil tablets improve joint function, brain-wise can't comment much. They thin your blood similar to aspirin.

Vitamin B complexes have similar effects as energy drinks without the buzz. Actually V is pretty much a berocca with caffeine. Seems to reduce colds too.

Creatine gives a strength and endurance boost.

Protein does nothing unless you are on top with your diet, 6 meals a day and everything.

Aspirin + Caffeine combination improves perfomance in all aspects (strong blood thinner).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)