Help? :D (1 Viewer)

Noob1314

HSC
Anybody knows how to get rid of tummy fat? Ive lost 3 Kilos during the holidays but I dont see any difference, though my thighs and legs have gone skinnier because I've been jogging.
:(

Genuine advice would help
thanks =)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
you cant spot reduce fat. do heaps of cardio and eat healthy, dont eat sugary/fatty/oily/greasy foods, no sugary drinks. If you wanna get technical, consume less calories than you burn.

fruit and vege's, lean meat, stuff, this kinda thread's been made >9000 times already, so try searching before making a new one :)

Stormey

HSC
As OJ said, you can't spot reduce.

Try following a fairly healthy diet - Complex Carbs (60%), Proteins (30%) and Fats (5-10%. Yes, not all fats are bad for you :D)

Also participate in:

a. High Intensity Interval Training: this type of exercise is tough, less time is spent actually running, but the effort needs to be much higher. This type is also very harder.
b. Low Intensity Long Distance: same amount of fat gets burnt, but this type of exercise is much easier. It depends if you want to spend more time training or less.

A higher amount of muscle mass will help burn fats throughout the day as well. The larger the muscles, the more energy will be required to run. The energy is taken from the fat stores around the body. So I'd suggest some light weights for now. Don't go too heavy just yet as you will want to perfect your form and technique for when you get a little older. Lifting weights with incorrect technique can lead to serious injuries.

PSHL

HSC
keep losing weight and eventually it will come off from your stomach. your body loses fat from predisposed places, but if you continue to reduce overall body fat eventually you'll see it reduce from your stomach.

if you've already lost 3kg, keep doing what you did to do that!

pman

Banned
HSC
sit ups and stuff will build stomach muscles, this will reduce the appearance of the fat without reducing it itself,

Lydia_88

HSC
sit ups and stuff will build stomach muscles, this will reduce the appearance of the fat without reducing it itself,
Sit-ups are not that good, because you are only working ONE muscle, plus is mucks up your posture. You need to incorporate MORE than that, like a poster said, HIGH INTENSITY interval training, tough but WAY better than low- medium intensity.

Why not try core exercises (like the plank, side plank) and you will feel your stomach muscles working.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah but once you've built yourself a nice set of abs, there'll still be a lump of fat in front of it, blocking it from view.

for abs i'd shed fat first.

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
Go play some bball. You burn heaps of fat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)