Recommend me a good pair of weight lifting gloves (1 Viewer)

HSC
right now, i'm using everlast gloves but they're starting to wear out so i need some new ones. what do you recommend?

Lydia_88

HSC
I do body pump twice a week and been using gloves for the past 2-3 years.;) The ones that i use are nike dri-fit and i have a pair from fitness first (they are both good imo) and have had no problems when wearing them. The majority of ppl in my gym use nike :D

Ideal when you are doing bicep curls or any other barbell work :D

PSHL

HSC
Are u lifting heavy as in heavy deadlifts, chin ups, shrugs, and other exercises where grip is important? If u r check out some of the heavy duty stuff like harbinger and schiek. Theres also a brand called velox which u can buy in stores around here, workout world, rebel maybe.

But if ur just doing general, lighter weights go with the mainstream stuff like nike

Edit: Actually OmieJay does have a point with not wearing gloves, I used to wear gloves but stopped and ur hands do adapt.

Last edited:

hosay

HSC
N/A
Omie Jay is right, its important to develop grip without using gloves.

Don't use em unless its getting painful to complete your sets without em on.

Stormey

HSC
You already bought those gloves Chocko?

You should have avoided them. Gloves with wrist support aren't that great. Afterall, your wrists will remain weak :p

Only reasons I use gloves (with or without wrist support) are:

-coming back from a wrist injury
-callusses that hurt too much to lift
-grips on the dumbells are worn out.

lizzay2348

HSC
Yeah there are these great gloves
Called skin
You barely notice a difference when you have them on!
You can have them on all the time irl and not notice.

I'd agree with the steering clear of wrist support thing. I don't do weights but I've had wrist injuries etc (I have carpal tunnel, stress fractures, tendinitis) and having a job involving physical labour, I've found the easiest way to avoid further injuries is to strengthen them through usage, NOT by strapping them etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)