Orthodontic Question (1 Viewer)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
This may be a stupid question but whatever. I am going to the orthodontist in a couple of weeks to look at the possibility of getting my teeth fixed. I've got an overbite and crowding and a pretty small mouth.

I want to know whether it's possible to just get the crowding fixed as I don't care about my overbite, it's purely cosmetic. It isn't giving me any problems etc. Also because I've got such a small mouth I know people get given retainers or something to stretch the jaw to allow room for the teeth to move but is it possible just to skip that step completely and just tell them to take a couple of the teeth out?

These are my teeth...

Fawun

Queen
HSC
This may be a stupid question but whatever. I am going to the orthodontist in a couple of weeks to look at the possibility of getting my teeth fixed. I've got an overbite and crowding and a pretty small mouth.

I want to know whether it's possible to just get the crowding fixed as I don't care about my overbite, it's purely cosmetic. It isn't giving me any problems etc. Also because I've got such a small mouth I know people get given retainers or something to stretch the jaw to allow room for the teeth to move but is it possible just to skip that step completely and just tell them to take a couple of the teeth out?

These are my teeth...
Yes you can skip that step and take out your teeth. I chose to get the retainer instead of taking out my teeth. When you get braces, you're going to get these elastics anyway to fix your overbite. So you might as well fix your overbite while you have your braces on.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Why so sad b00m

also, no shit I can ask my orthodontist? Are you serious? gee cos I didn't know that.

Johnstan

Sickunt overload
HSC
Uni Grad
i got 4 teeth removed .. then i went straight into the braces treatment...
im currently wearing elastics to fix the very slight overbite.....

removal of teeth is a much more suitable option if ur keen on finishing speedily:p

tiffanygraff

HSC
N/A
Orthodontics is a highly specialized field of dentistry concerned about the treatment of improper bites caused by tooth irregularity, a disproportionate jaw relationship, or both.

Improper bites often become apparent between the ages of 6 to 12, when children start to shed their baby teeth. Orthodontic treatment usually starts between the ages of 8 and 14 to help teeth alignment. In adults, the treatment is prescribed to correct problems such as crooked or crowded teeth, overbites, or jaw-joint disorders. There are no age restrictions for fixing teeth alignment, as the biological process involved in moving teeth remains the same across the ages. However, it is observed that adult treatment usually takes longer than that of children.

In Dubai, a city obsessed with perfection, the use of Orthodontic treatment is extremely popular. In recent years the utilization of ceramic braces has encouraged more and more adults to take advantage of Orthodontic treatments for teeth alignment and beautification. The use of clear aligners, for correction of mild improper bites, has also gained popularity in Orthodontic circles. In fact, as far as Orthodontics in Dubai is concerned, the increased use of such treatments in recent years has paved the way for brighter smiles and happier faces in the city.

If you are interested in Orthodontics or wish to learn more our offers and dental services, please click here Dubai Orthodontic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)