How much water is too much? (1 Viewer)

Chubbeh

HSC
So recently after telling my friend how much water I drink a day, I've become concerned with my health. Well, not really. More curious than anything.

The question is:
Is it normal to be drinking around 4.5 - 7L of water a day?

It's not like I'm forcing myself to drink it, I just feel really dry if I don't.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
You are diabetic. Sorry to be the one to tell you.

Leffife

A lover is a best friend
HSC
N/A
Drinking 4.5L on a hot day when you are doing sports is good. However, if you are drinking 7L a day... then that's a different story. Remember you aren't a camel but a human (hopefully).

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Are you physically active? Don't think it's too much of an issue because your body generally adapts to it eg you'll go the toilet more frequently

BabzBrah

HSC
N/A
If you consider "normal" to be a comparison to the majority of other people then no it is not normal to drink that much water. However there is nothing wrong with it and it is perfectly healthy. Our body is predominantly made up of water so there is no harm in ensuring hydration.

Hazballs

HSC
I usually drink around 5-6L a day which isn't quite as much as you, but i exercise usually 2-3 hours a day so i drink to stay hydrated because i sweat heaps during those time periods.. I don't think that's to bad though.. Do you go to the bathroom lots?

HSC
I tend to drink a LOT more than I usually would when I'm studying.
Likewise!

I guess it depends on how many times you go to the bathroom each day.. Weird question but what colour is your urine when you do go to the toilet?

MarkHerry

HSC
Well according to me there is no any limit of water. We can drink it according to our need and want. We can drink lot of water in a day because it is a good thing for our body and has so many health benefits.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
old thread...but yeah i drink between 6-7 litres per day and as many people know i suffer from mass retardation, so yeah not good man

Burgess5

HSC
N/A
I drink eight glass water in day to fit and maintain my fitness. Water is one of best healthy food. I prefer water rather then energy drinks.
gold coast gym

Last edited:

Jimmy2064

HSC
Around 3L+ is ideal and normal, but 7L is overkill. People have died from less, seriously lol

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
you'll end up peeing it out anyway man!

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Around 3L+ is ideal and normal, but 7L is overkill. People have died from less, seriously lol
Not unless he drinks those 7L in an hour...

So long as your kidneys handle it, you'll probably be fine.

DannyBoy33

HSC
N/A
Whoa, sometimes day goes by me drinkin like 1L. :)

7L seems like alot of water.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)