Can't stop thinking about studies DURING sleep (1 Viewer)

EpaX

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all. I'm a year 12 student who, you could say, studies more than the average person (~4 hours a weekday). Recently I've been deprived of sleep because I can't get my mind off my studies during sleep - I'm literally doing calculations in my head or thinking of work from a certain subject. As a result, I've been having a broken sleep for a few nights now; some nights I can't even go back to sleep... so i end up with about 4 hours of sleep. :(

I know this is really bad for my health, especially since my half-yearlies are coming up in less than 2 weeks. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kymren

HSC
Try having a break before going to bed. maybe half an hour to an hour before going to bed stop studying and do something else. I sometimes read a book for 20 min before I go to bed. because you're stressed out about your exams you'll find that you think about what you have to know all the time. Taking your mind off them for a little while before bed just calms your nerves a bit and gives you something less distracting to think about afterwards.

miss study

HSC
i fall under the same banner as you do buddy. 6 hours of study -from 6-12 :/ it really sucks but what ive been trying to do is start earlier so i can sleep earlier because it really tends to mess up your performance the next day. Since your half yearlies are coming up i suggest your teachers wouldve already established what content would be in the exams so just study that and be fair on yourself-dont forget to to take constant breaks and walk around abit to keep the bood pumping. also i find drinking tea (especially fruity flavoured teas-yum!) make me feel less tense.
& the bottom line i can tell that you seem to be pretty studious so just remember that in the end, its all for the sak of acheiving your goal sodont be too hard on yourself

EpaX

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok thanks for the advice guys :)

tumtoom

HSC
Hey all. I'm a year 12 student who, you could say, studies more than the average person (~4 hours a weekday). Recently I've been deprived of sleep because I can't get my mind off my studies during sleep - I'm literally doing calculations in my head or thinking of work from a certain subject. As a result, I've been having a broken sleep for a few nights now; some nights I can't even go back to sleep... so i end up with about 4 hours of sleep. :(

I know this is really bad for my health, especially since my half-yearlies are coming up in less than 2 weeks. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
In rl I am nodding my head uncontrollably right now... it's actually kinda scary. BUT I'VE JUST NEVER AGREED WITH SOMETHING MORE!
Weirdest thing is, I've always been this way. It started in year 9. Who even bloody cares about year nine?!
I once even woke at 2 am thinking of my plan for the next day -_-
I have no advice but I just understand so well.
I guess I personally have just learnt to live with it.

kvothe

HSC
I used to have massive problems with this, but there are a few important steps you can take:

1. Don't go straight from your desk to bed. Make sure you have at least 20mins of 'wind-down' time.
2. In this wind-down time, don't look at any screens! Try and read a book (not your English text btw...) or a magazine. Some people find it helpful to have a shower before going to bed, or listening to (calm) music.
3. Don't read BOS right before you go to bed. I often found BOS would stress me out a bit, because I'd start worrying about all the study that I should be doing, worrying that others were doing more than me, etc. etc.

Sasha123

HSC
ugh i wish i had your problems. but instead i dont study enough
my parents would be proud of me if i was in your position studying that much.

take care buddy and dont stress. with that amount of studying u will defs ace ur exams.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
lol, that happens to me. At one point I was sorta a half a sleep then I started to talk gibberish to mum, apparently I start to explain to her about the electron gun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)