Menstrual symptoms and remedies? (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
Well I guess this is the most appropriate place to ask this but anyway, I just wanted to have a discussion on the symptoms some of us get on our cycles and what we can do to alleviate them. I do know there are plenty of suggestions and whatnot but I mean, do people really use the herbal remedies?

Generally I don't get much pain, sometimes not at all, maybe on the first and second day I'll get cramps but the pain is dull. I can walk fine, it's just there and bothersome. Usually I use a hot water bottle and relax, sit back in bed and read or watch shows or something. Laughing is good. Nowadays though I'm starting to get dizzy spells and whatnot. As far as what I can do, sitting down with my head between my knees until the dizziness fades takes a while but does the trick.

I honestly am grateful for the few pains I get. I know some people who feel really sick, vomit their guts out and have such gut wrenching cramps that their vision is impaired for a while and damn, I feel for them.

So what pains do you usually get and what do you do to help lessen the pain?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
i get 0 physical pain from my cycle haha
but when i do the best way to go is usually to go for a walk so I feel less heavy or do some light exercise

I hear bananas are also good for alleviating really bad PMS cramps

Occasionally I do take nurofen when the going gets tough, but its only been once, so its all good

Castiella

HSC
N/A
My symptoms usually consist of headaches and yeah, cramps. I just take panadol or something for them and use it as an excuse to relax a bit. I mean, no one wants to mess with a girl on her period. My family members are all more patient with me and stuff so it's not such a bad thing for me :) And yep, feel sorry for those who experience so much pain. At least child birth won't be as much of a shock.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
In Malaysia, Singapore and presumably Hong Kong, I'm given to understand that the Bak Foong Pills (Bai Fong Wan? in Mandarin) were very popular with traditional Chinese women. It is manufactured by listed Singapore company: Eu Yan Sang. Some of you who are Chinese may have mothers familiar with this medicine.

You may wish to check it out. It may be available locally from shops dealing in traditional Chinese medicine. I'm not sure.

I'm posting this in the hope that it can bring relief to some of you.

Last edited:

DLMisme

HSC
Well I was getting very sick when it was that time of the month, and after my third trip to the hospital my doctor put me on the pill which helped immensely. I still get bad cramps and a backache, and more often than not I get really nauseous and sometimes throw up but it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. I remember one time I got a migraine so bad I couldn't even roll over I was in that much pain, I also couldn't see very well and it was absolutely horrible. I find a warm shower or bath relieves my pain a little, but more often than not I just take couple of painkillers if it's really bad and grin and bear it.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I've fainted from being dizzy because of the pain lol. Um, usually if you just get Ponstan from the doc it works well.
But natural remedies... dunno.

shortnsweet

HSC
I used to get it pretty bad so that I couldn't go to school or anything. I'd have the most painful cramps/abdominal pain, fever, nausea, muscle pain (back, legs), etc. I started taking ibuprofen (advil) and I'm SO HAPPY that I found this because it has reduced like 70% of the pain. Although I still get these symptoms, they are reduced and I can withstand the pain throughout school. Usually I take one tablet 2 days before my period will come, then 1 day before. I found this makes it better than taking it on the day I get it.

Other things I do, well if I get it on the weekend I go to bed with a hot water bottle on my abdominal area. Usually after a few hours of sleep I wake up and there is no pain.

heroicsoup

Banned
HSC
N/A
My symptoms are cramps, leg shivering and headache. I would usually take some time off and rest. If it is still persistent, I take Paracetamol.

lavender1001

HSC
Around that time of the month I sometimes experience extremely horrible cramps. The cramps were so bad at one point I had to double over, clench at my sides, and sit it out because it hurt to even move. My mum gave me pain killers but that triggered an allergic reaction so yeah. Lifes good.

But srsly, just take some neurofen and do some light exercise, hopefully it helps. :)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Exercise helps a lot! (Light) Drink lots of water because it makes you feel less groggy inside. But I never get severe physical symptoms though. Nurofen helps the pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I've fainted a couple of times, but srs op there's hardly any effective natural remedies that will treat severe pain. Maybe only a bit, but I doubt you'll get any relief, synthetic is the way to go :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)