Intelligence And/Or Ability Is Hereditary. (1 Viewer)

Intelligence And/Or Ability is Hereditary

• Ability is Hereditary

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Ability is not Hereditary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intelligence is Hereditary

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Intelligence Is not Hereditary

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither are Hereditary

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Both are Hereditary

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering. Please state your opinions. And note by intelligence I don't only refer to education

buriza

conviction
HSC
why isn't there a "partly" hereditary option

you know

the right option
this is what I was thinking

is this some nature versus nurture debate

if so both answers are right

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
By hereditary do you mean like their parents are geniuses and they passed that onto their kids or do you mean like they are born with it but their parents aren't necessarily geniuses?

I think in most cases it's just diligence and hard work but there are undeniably people you meet who are just born with it without their parents being anything special in particular (i mean that in a non-offensive way)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
By hereditary do you mean like their parents are geniuses and they passed that onto their kids or do you mean like they are born with it but their parents aren't necessarily geniuses?

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh so you guys are saying hard work and diligence lead majorly to the intelligence and bit is hereditary? We transcended from apes right i.e. evolve right? then why do we have more intelligence than them? we had absolutely no resources or anythings at the start and today.....

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Some families are made up of all geniuses, so I'd some in some cases in can be hereditary.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
being a genius is not a hereditary trait. but from a young age, if you are brought up in a stimulating environment with intelligent people, it may seem that way.

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
So environment too affects it? But how do you explain evolving of intelligence from apes to humans. And more so ability, how so much technology. And evolution then why so?

hit patel

HSC
Uni Grad
And so how can there be intelligent people that resulted due to the environment where other intelligent people were. And if so why do these have differing intelligence characteristics whether it be father or mother or anyone.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Intelligence can be formed, ability may or may not be influenced by hereditary.

But both can be improved.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
well the percentage attributable to genetics depends on the environment

so if you were able to raise everyone in exactly the same environment, the differences in intelligence would be 100% due to genetics

change the environment for some people and then the difference becomes increasingly due to environmental differences

studies are done using identical twins who were adopted at birth, so that they have very similar phenotypes at birth due to identical genetics, and after being raised in different environments their IQs are compared and of the of the top of my head the correlation is around 0.8

so basically when you talk about heritability its within the context of an environment. so differences between middle-class white Australian's IQs might be mostly due to genetics, whereas the difference in average IQ between middle-class white australians and say, Bhutanese subsistence farmers is going to be much more due to environment.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
My mum and dad are dumb as door nails... I hate to say it, but the shit that has come out of their mouths from time to time...

then again, apparently my great grandfather (from my dads side) was some mathematician... However, I suck at maths... then again, my brother finished an engineering degree...

genetics and intelligence are bullshit... However, I do concede that a persons physical ability is attributed to genetics, but I think it has to do more with environmental factors as well...

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Depends what you define intelligence as: creativity? Emotional intelligence? "Academic" intelligence?

I think it's partially genetic and partially environmental.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
wannaspoon;6583578[B said:
]genetics and intelligence are bullshit...[/B]
wannaspoon knows more than scientists do

However, I do concede that a persons physical ability is attributed to genetics, but I think it has to do more with environmental factors as well...
you have no idea what youre talking about so shut up

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
From personal experiences, neither are hereditary. I know of very intelligent people, who are a stark contrast to their families. And there are also people who do not meet the familial expectations. Peers and social group, is a real determining factor. It's proven that those who you hang out with or are close to usually influence you more than you think. Everyone has ability, but uses it to varying degrees based on their influences. Intelligence probably needs to be developed, I would think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)