Mental Health and the HSC (1 Viewer)

panicatthehsc

HSC
I'm currently receiving treatment for -

Social Anxiety
Generalised Anxiety
Clinical Depression
EDNOS

I was wondering how some people cope with study and treatment at the same time. Do any of you have any tips? I'm only in yr 11 right now but it's nearing the beginning of yr12 and the pressure is going to build up quickly. I'm not sure what I should be doing to get the best marks while also dealing with my issues.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I'm currently receiving treatment for -

Social Anxiety
Generalised Anxiety
Clinical Depression
EDNOS

I was wondering how some people cope with study and treatment at the same time. Do any of you have any tips? I'm only in yr 11 right now but it's nearing the beginning of yr12 and the pressure is going to build up quickly. I'm not sure what I should be doing to get the best marks while also dealing with my issues.
Apply for EAS

enoilgam

HSC
I take it that you are seeing a professional correct? In that case, they should be the most qualified person to offer you advice on this issue. In general, I think the most important thing for you (and everybody) for that matter is to have a good balance and enjoy "you" time if that makes sense.

If you dont mind me asking, what are your goals for the year?

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
Obviously this will depend on you, but I think it's critical that you be taking a solid 30 minutes per day to meditate or go for a run. Both have significant benefits and enable you to remain focused. If you have trouble remaining focused, perhaps only try studying in 20 minute blocks. Then gradually add five minutes until you reach somewhere along the lines of 50 minutes. Keep an activity log next you that you write in every 15 minutes saying what you've accomplished. Look at it if you feel as if you haven't accomplished something (it's a very good motivational tool).

A proper diet really does go a long way and so does exercise. Remember that these next two years will be stressful - cater for the stressful periods by ensuring you are prepared and continue meditating or jogging (or both!), or whatever works for you :)

Keep a study timetable or a to-do list - they're also very helpful.

Nobody really likes studying but you get used to it. Just take it slowly

Good luck :)

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
I also had issues during the HSC but I just dealt with it like a man.

Keep all that doctor writing and all and then if you want to go to uni apply for EAS or if you want to do engineering at UNSW then apply for FEAS

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Take emotional rest periods (maybe once a week? in non exam times to just chill/rest)

panicatthehsc

HSC
My goals are to receive at least an ATAR of 83 (which I think I can quite easily achieve) and to get a high mark in French (both continuers and extension) and just to improve my confidence and self esteem. I guess I haven't thought about my goals much. That's something I need to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)