Thread: Canceling my gym membership

HSC

Canceling my gym membership

I have been a member for about 6 months and I go very rarely, I haven't been going for almost a month now (being charged every fortnight).
    So when I went there and registered I advised them that I didn't want to do a contract cause I was not sure if I will stay long due to studies and work. So I decided I should cancel it since I am wasting money for nothing and might make a membership at uni instead. I went in today and told them that I want to stop my membership, they checked and said it a contract and I cant cancel it? When I registered I told them I wanted non-contract so how is this possible? I did not sign any form or given anything. I am so pissed, I feel like they scammed me..

Who should I advice and call?

HSC

Re: Canceling my gym membership

Lol stay small normie

2016 ATAR: >90
    2017-2020: Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Commerce (Professional Accounting) @ Mq Uni

HSC
    N/A

Are they charging via direct debit or card?

If it's via your card i would just cancel it and order a new one, this should stop your payments. If its direct debit the next step would be to demand a copy of your contract so that you can review.

Also if you didn't sign anything they're definitely speaking shit. I'm pretty sure enforcing a contract never shown or disclosed to the customer is completely illegal. Go in, speak to them & tell them that if this isn't escalated with the relevant party you will be pursuing further action. Send them an email afterwards so that you have something in writing.
    Last edited by Katsumi; 27 Jun 2017 at 8:02 AM.
    Super Moderator

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumi View Post
    Are they charging via direct debit or card?

If it's via your card i would just cancel it and order a new one, this should stop your payments. If its direct debit the next step would be to demand a copy of your contract so that you can review.

Also if you didn't sign anything they're definitely speaking shit. I'm pretty sure enforcing a contract never shown or disclosed to the customer is completely illegal. Go in, speak to them & tell them that if this isn't escalated with the relevant party you will be pursuing further action. Send them an email afterwards so that you have something in writing.
    Via direct debit.
    It is solved, I called the head office and advised them. clearly there was no agreement on anything, I don't know why the staff would talk shit...

Thanks tho

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Zoinked View Post
    Lol stay small normie
    Never made a statement about quitting.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Here, instructional video for what to do.
    "I want to quit the gym."

Thread Information