Implanon and Depo-Provera (1 Viewer)

jesscookie

HSC
Ive had an implanon since February this year, and quite frankly, it shits me. I was wondering if anyone has had the Depo-Provera 3monthly shots, and were happy/not happy with them???

jesscookie

HSC
yes implanon is the little rod inserted into your arm, depo-provera is an injection. they are both progesterone only hormone thingys

philly17

so why u annoyed by it? why do u want it u are so young???? its not right i believe, that my opinion then again I dont believe in sex before marriage so take that anyway u want

jesscookie

HSC
it was supposed to stop my periods for the three or so years that it lasts for, but it did the opposite. If you do not have anything constructive to ad, why put your opinion here?

froggy_chik87

HSC
i didn't think it was meant to stop your periods, i thought it was just enough pregestorone to make you infertile while it is in your arm. But no sorry, i've never had the injections...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I've never had either, although my sister-in-law has the Depo-Provera needles and absolutely swears by them (she somehow managed to get pregnant with my niece whilst on the Pill, lol)

I'm on the Pill, and I quite like it, but if it doesn't work for you, I say take the Implanon out and give the Depo-Provera a go, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
True. But I mean, at our age, most people would still combine their contraceptive measures, (ie, Depo-Provera and condoms) so its unlikely she would fall pregnant. And in terms of stopping menstruation, well, the Implanon is already failing to do that, so its not like she'd be going back a step.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
she somehow managed to get pregnant with my niece whilst on the Pill, lol
Incestual lesbian paedophilia, I like iit.

philly17

my opinion is valid you asked i gave it. Why do you wnat to at this age stuff up ya reproductive system all these methods in the long term arent safe u kno.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
my opinion is valid you asked i gave it. Why do you wnat to at this age stuff up ya reproductive system all these methods in the long term arent safe u kno.
Source ?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Don't presume to know whats best for us when you don't know our situation.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
Don't presume to know whats best for us when you don't know our situation.
But you're having evil sinful premarital sex and her religion dictates that she must force her beliefs onto you!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im not on any form of hormonal birth control so I can't speak from personal experience but I do know of people who took the depo shots and their periods never stopped....one girl I knew literally bled for 6 months.

If you're looking to stop your periods have you tried Seasonale? (I don't know if this is what is called in Australia)....its the one where you only have your period 4 times a year as opposed to 11 or 12.

HSC
N/A
Ms 12 said:
Im not on any form of hormonal birth control so I can't speak from personal experience but I do know of people who took the depo shots and their periods never stopped....one girl I knew literally bled for 6 months.

If you're looking to stop your periods have you tried Seasonale? (I don't know if this is what is called in Australia)....its the one where you only have your period 4 times a year as opposed to 11 or 12.
Technically you can do this with any monophasic pill... although I imagine most doctors won't recommend it, and I guess it does depend on what sort of pill you're on (I suppose there are differences?)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
glitterfairy said:
Technically you can do this with any monophasic pill... although I imagine most doctors won't recommend it, and I guess it does depend on what sort of pill you're on (I suppose there are differences?)

Yeah Ive read you can do it with any pill.

I think it takes your body awhile to adjust anyway, and you get breakthrough bleeding for the first few months.

Apparently its not unhealthy to skip a few periods though, Im told 4 a year is plenty.

I couldn't go without periods though, they give me peace of mind that there isn't a baby on the way!

jesscookie

HSC
thank you everyone, except Philomena 86, you have all had good input. I shall take into account what has been said, and ponder slightly

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Philomena_86 said:
my natropath, chinese herbalist and uncle who is a gyno
what kind of gyno is your uncle?
gynos actually recomend and prescribe the pill to girls. what if they have a medical problem, i.e, ovarian cysts and need the pill to stop them? then what? since thats what i have, i prefer to stay on the pill then do whatever to my reproductive system as what you said. and so far so good, its not screwy.

and to the person who started this thread - ive havent had the injection or the rod, but ive heard stories of the rod getting lost in the arm and breaking in half. not sure if they are true or not, but hey, thats what i have heard a few girls say at school.
hope that helps you some more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)