Swallowing Tablets? (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
As far back as I can remember, I've had problems swallowing tablets. I don't know why, my throat just doesnt seem to like letting things down there without being chewed up first. does anyone else experience this...and if so what do you do about it?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
As far back as I can remember, I've had problems swallowing tablets. I don't know why, my throat just doesnt seem to like letting things down there without being chewed up first. does anyone else experience this...and if so what do you do about it?

dissolvable tablets? or just crushing them? ewww

i have to take calcium tablets which are huge, as well as iron tablets, im meant to take them every day and i can swallow about 4 at once. i dunno if thats healthy or not though...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Take a drink, swallow. Take small sip, hold in mouth. Pop tablet in. Have big drink swallow.

Also, try different drinks until you get used to it, coke (haha, go the drug cocktail) or something other than water, I found it was the taste of the tablet that made me gag, but now I'm fine (even with water).

Baiku

Coolest Member
HSC
I also used to have a lot of trouble, now I can take 8 at once...(long story!)

What I used to do was basically trick my mind into thinking I'm drinking a glass of water (or whatever), rather than trying to take a tablet.

I have a sip of water, swallow, put tablet in mouth, take a gulp of water, swallow, take another, swallow.

So basically I swallow three times, and tablet goes down on no.2.

Make sure that you don't put TOO much water in your mouth that you can't swallow it all at once, I've done that a few times :p.

Mind over matter...It's all in your head :)

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i used to. Scared of something, dont know what or why.

but ended up just doing it, forcing myself to...i felt proud :$

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Argonaut said:
Depends. Do you have a drink with them, or do you just swallow them outright like me?

sometimes, outright, if i cantbe bothered to get a drink/not thirsty. i dont think your meant to do that though

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i have trouble swallowing tablets larger than the Pill.... i just put it right at the back of my tongue, think of something else and take a big gulp of water or something... it takes me a while to get it down though cause i sit there with the water in my mouth preparing myself for about 2 minutes - meanwhile the taste is getting worse. but yeah thats what i do... its quite common so i've heard and it is embarrassing at times... my doctor said i was a baby because i wouldnt take my antibiotics in tablet form and continued to put me down for at least 15 minutes because of the fear i had of swallowing them, but you just have to ignore those people and do what works best for you.

stacie_dink

HSC
practice with M&Ms

the secret is to pretend that you're not swallowing anything- put the tablet (or M&M) on the tip of your tongue and drink a glass of water like you always would.

malkin86

HSC
When I was younger, and the taste of panadol was so awful it almost burned if I didn't swallow quickly, my dad would crush the panadol in a spoonful of honey. :)

alexialight

HSC
What I do is chew a little bit of food (like a bit of banana or something) to the point where I'm just able to swallow, then shove the tablet in and swallow the chewed up food along with the tablet. It may sound weird, but its the only was I can get it to go down.

funniboi

HSC
i ahd trouble swallowing tablets up until the age of 14 :O hehe.

but i forgot what i did to overcome it.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
haha i was only able to swallow tablets properly since last year..before i just crushed them and swallowed it in any drink other than water or some food so i couldn't taste it

like everyone else said..i like to take a sip of water, stick it on my tongue (although i don't put it on the tip of my tongue, i put it as far back on my tongue before i get to the point of gagging :p), take a drink of water and just pretend there's nothing there and if it doesn't go down, don't panic about it, just keep drinking

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
watching my friend put crushed panadol into her mouth makes me practically as sick as her. Ick.

take a huge mouthful of water and float the tablet on the water and take a huge swallow. You won't even feel it, seriously.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Up until recently I couldn't swallow them either. It took me AGES to finally get one down, which I finally managed by taking one big gulp of water and letting the tablet slide down with it. Once I was able to do it once, it gradually became easier.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
put it at the back of your tongue and take a medium sized gulp of water. unfortunately the main way to learn is to practice, hopefully you won't ever get the chance to practice. btw, some tablets can't be swallowed with certain drinks so be careful

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
ive never had any trouble swallowing tablets, no mattr what size they are. that would suck. im not a pansy, just fucking swallow them. most of the time i dont use a drink, just slam it down.

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i used to have to get my tablets crushed into peanut butter...but i've been fine for years now...
but my dear little (16 yr old) brother cant... and i dont think he ever will :p
i crush his tablet for him every night....soooo cute!

ladyknight

HSC
A while back I had a really nasty bout of glandular fever - using something slimy like pudding always seemed to get an annoyingly chunky pill down a swollen throat...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)