Poll: Are you trying to lose weight?

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: losing weight?

Cadet
    HSC
    hey catwalk...
    hows it going? my diet's going better than expected, though with holiday food around its really REALLY hard to resist
    anyway, starting weight was 56 and im down to 54 now.. so i need to lose anohter four before school starts *fingers crossed*
    basically, im eating a piece of wholegrain toast for brekkie with promite or something... avocardo sandwitch or salad for lunch , snack of fruit and then for dinner veg, small portion of white meat and half serve of rice
    it seems tobe working and im not starving all the time!

im also doing 100 sit ups each day and 100 pushups to tone up a little, and doing a 20min run almost every day

i hope ur weight loss project is going well! *luck*

HSC
    yeah i gotta agree with curtainfalls. when i was younger my doctor told me i needed to lose weight, i ended up losing far too much and teachers told my mother i was anorexic (which luckily i was not). just make sure you stay in control and dont take it too far, its easy to lose it and you end up out of control before you know it. but yes to the person above me, thatplans sounds like what i have: piece wholegrain toast for brekkie, light multigrain salada at about 1030, salad or salad sandwhich for lunch, apple for later, then salad, meat and small amount carbs for tea. works well so i can still have lollies (have rediscovered my love for skittles) and other stuff without being paranoid about putting on weight.

HSC
    when you're sleeping, your body functions shut down/slow down
    What bodily functions are you referring to?

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Catwalk
    is anyone else trying to lose weight or am i alone? haha...

re. carbs, i've always been carb conscious so it's not a problem for me. i probably eat 3 servings MAX
    i think im in the same boat i am about 55 and would like to be 50.
    when you say "i want to lsoe weight" do you mean you want to lose weight, or do you mean you want to tone up. All i really wanna do is tone up and get rid of a roll of fat that is on my tummy, and my friends/family get confused cos im alwyas whinging about needing to lsoe weight when i really meant toning up..
    p.s. i am really drunk probably ignore this whole post actually
    The Ranger has spoken

HSC
    http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/hea.../calc_bmi.aspx look there if u are 55 kgs and 160cm u are just in the healthy weight range !
    BA DIP ED Macquarie Uni

0-100km/h in 8.5secs Schoolies_2004's Avatar
    HSC
    When losing weight, all you have to remember is that its all about:

Weight Gain/Loss = Energy In - Energy Out

If your gaining weight, its more than likely because your energy in exceeds energy out so your body places that surplus in storage (ie Fat). By slightly decreasing energy in and increasing energy out alot your body will be called upon to burn the fat in order to survive.... and hello weight loss.

i ran for 20 mins on thurs and fri. by saturday i had lost 2 kilos.
    Its hard to say if that is directly related to your excercise, 2kilos is alot of weight loss and usually your body doesnt react so quickly to an increase in energy out (or so I think). In any case though, consistent excercise will see beneficial effects in relation to weight loss.

But like I said above, its all above the energy thing.... my brother for example tried losing weight, but nothing happened.... because he increased energy out but he also increased energy in thinking it was ok to cos he was excercising alot . Fatal mistake.

Also remember other basic things like no eating after like 8pm etc.

Good Luck All :wave:

Cadet
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by *wbg*
    hey catwalk...
    hows it going? my diet's going better than expected, though with holiday food around its really REALLY hard to resist
    anyway, starting weight was 56 and im down to 54 now.. so i need to lose anohter four before school starts *fingers crossed*
    basically, im eating a piece of wholegrain toast for brekkie with promite or something... avocardo sandwitch or salad for lunch , snack of fruit and then for dinner veg, small portion of white meat and half serve of rice

im also doing 100 sit ups each day and 100 pushups to tone up a little, and doing a 20min run almost every day

well done! i think you're doing a little better than me, but only just! i weighed myself just then and i'm down to 49.5. didn't even realise i had lost weight!

all i've done is cut out (most) of the junk and that's about it. i've been doing a few toning exercises and not eating before i go to bed (nice tip whoever it was, thanks!).

btw *wbg*, i eat so much more than you. grrrrr, damn that appetite. i usually eat 2 pieces of toast, a banana and an egg for breakfast, and throughout the afternoon i'd eat 2 apple, some other kind of fruit, a cucumber, a can of tuna, yoghurt, and biscuits (this is where i go wrong) before dinner, which is usually some kind of meat + veggies + a tiny bit of rice. that sounds like an awful lot.

to everyone else, i know i'm not FAT, i know i'm at a healthy weight but i also know i'm not thin either. i want to be down to 46 kg because that's how much i weighed at the start of last year and i'll be satisfied once i get that body back.

thanks for all the advice! i'm reading it all and taking it all in.

Cadet
    HSC
    hey catwalk.. its GOOD that you can lose weight without eating too little.. i DONT lose weight unless i eat that much and yeah im hungry lots :P

ugh its so annoying, i just wish it would all disapear.. i remeber when i was a size four.. ... that was cool :P

and guh! its so annoying, we have "family dinners" (which i have to go to ;P) and we eat at about 9pm so im relaly disadvantaged on the weight loss front!!!

meh i just want to feel confident in minis and bikinis and stuff.. why is it so hard ?

HSC

ugh its so annoying, i just wish it would all disapear.. i remeber when i was a size four.. ... that was cool :P(
    that is disgusting... not cool.

Let the beat control your body

Cadet
    HSC
    well i was a size four but not dieting or anything.. jsut naturally like that so it looked okay... then i started gaining weight i guess

HSC
    ugh its so annoying, i just wish it would all disapear.. i remeber when i was a size four.. ... that was cool :P
    wooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww. i never knew there was even a size four for adults/ teens. a size four for kids is understandable but wat the?!

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names-
    John F. Kennedy (1917 - 1963)

HSC
    to the left, a little below the right and right in front of the left handed right man
    size four?

i didn't think that was available in australia? unless you're talking about another country's sizing?
    nothing was beautiful and everything hurt

HSC
    you mean you were SIZE 4 and then you put on even more weight! you fatty. thats shocking.
    The Ranger has spoken

Cadet
    HSC
    yeah there are size fours in aust, not in all shops.. but in shops where there are size 7s and stuff they often have 4s.....

yeah i went through a phase of being like really tall and skinny but that didnt last long :P i think i was prolly having a growth spurt cos i was pretty much eating all the time

HSC
    hey catwalk...

i wouldnt be eating avocado if i were u, its quite high in fat for a vegetable (or fruit?) although its good fat, theres other stuff you can eat which would be alot more filling.

Cadet
    HSC
    good fats should be included in a healthy diet, and since the rest of *wbg*'s diet is practically fat-free, avocado is a good choice.

HSC
    yes, however avocado spread on a sandwich is not particularly filling, but has quite a high amount of kilojoules, so it would be smart to use those kilojoules in a more efficient way, i.e. eating more of something containing less kilojoules.

Cadet
    HSC
    hmm, well sometimes instead of eating a salad sandwich (tomato, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, avocado), i'd eat the bread with the avocado spread first and then the vegetables individually. that way i get the good fats from the avocado and i'm also eating smaller portions so i stay fuller for longer. maybe she's doing something similar? meh

Cadet
    HSC
    avocardos are bad eh... i didnt know that oh dear and tehy're so yummy!

got ny other ideas for nice spreads then? i have to have bread (eat lunch with family and its a weird thing htey have going where i HAVE to have bread... strange family i know)

HSC
    avacados are fine they are good fats just like olive oil and nuts dont worry about calorie counting with them they are fats females esp teenagers need to have everyday.
    BA DIP ED Macquarie Uni

HSC
    on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
    i love avocado too...and although it is said to be quite fattening, it's good fat and I love it

some other spreads u can look into are cottage cheese and philadelphia cheese. You can get the "light" and "weight watchers" version.

though today i saw something very interesting. the "light" philadelphia is actually more fattening than "chilly philly", so make sure u look at the saturated fat section at the back of the packets.
    B Education (English)/B Arts (Psych) @ USYD 3rd year

In my heart, in my head, it's so clear now,
    Hold my hand you've got nothing to fear now,
    I was lost and you've rescued me some how-.
    I'm alive, I'm in love you complete me,
    And I've never been here before.
    Now I see, what love means.

HSC
    I was losing heaps of weight... like 10 kilos since I graduated but don't spend all your time drunk / stoned cos you'll get the munchies and have sausage rolls at 4am and shit... I've put on like 2 kilos this week

Cadet
    HSC
    how'd you lose the 10 kgs??

HSC
    i don't know... i think i'm a stress eater or something. like honestly, at first something like 5 kilos just fell off in a couple of weeks and since then it's been gradually going down

HSC
    oh and if you have to eat bread, have multigrain, its a complex carb, low gi, so will fill you up for longer and is healther for you etc.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information