Salads (1 Viewer)

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
Salads are not given enough praise. People think that people who eat salads must be pussies. This is not nice. In a vain attempt to increase the status of the salad, let us discuss our favourite varieties:

My own invention: Jarlsberg cheese (tiny bit) + butter lettuce(3/4's green + 1/4 purple) + cherry tomatoes + mushrooms + salad onion + tiny bit of french dressing.

Greek salad: Must have lots of lettuce and lots of dressing, imo.

Caesar salad: if it doesn't have disgusting parmesan cheese it's fine. maybe a bit of parmesan.

mushroom salad: not very common maybe, or something. i get it from the local charcoal chicken shop. it's mushrooms, shallots, some other green bits and lots and lots of dressing.

tabouleh: the more mint the better. mint + tomato is unbeatable

:D

Laika_

Banned
HSC
i seriouslt dont like salads

i go to the pub for lunch and they go would you like salad with that and i say no thankyou just chips and gravy

Uncle

Banned
HSC
you are right salads probably the only decent food with less processing I can get away from the battlefield.
all that fast food like maccas, hungry jacks, kfc, etc are full of fucking fat to clog your arteries and all that kilojoules you dont even need unless you are running several kilometres away from AK47 gunfire by the taliban.

and all that processed shit you get at supermarkets and other outlets just reduce your lifespan with all these contaminants and toxins.

I don't eat fast food, I just fast.

i have caesar salad with lettuce, dressing (forgot name but i know what it is like), parmesan cheese and crutons.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
I love all types of salads. Except the garden side salad at mcdonalds that comes with a burger instead of fries. That is gross.

imsopostmodern

cool as a kuhncumber
HSC
salads are, have always been, and will always be, merely a side dish to my canivorous ways.

having said that, i dont mind chicken noodle salad from chookas, or the odd ceasar

cassieagill

HSC
pasta salad (bought)
lettuce
tomato
avocado
tasty cheese
salad seeds....
sometimes potato

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah_boy

HSC
Oh man... salad is amazing!

I was once a caesar salad lover but I don't eat it anymore.

I like the falafel salad from Sumo Salad, roast veggies salads, tabouli, garden salads, lentil salads, pumpkin and chickpea salads, pumpkin and baby spinach salads, greek salad, fruit salad and more..

yum!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Salads are not given enough praise. People think that people who eat salads must be pussies. This is not nice. In a vain attempt to increase the status of the salad, let us discuss our favourite varieties:

My own invention: Jarlsberg cheese (tiny bit) + butter lettuce(3/4's green + 1/4 purple) + cherry tomatoes + mushrooms + salad onion + tiny bit of french dressing.

Greek salad: Must have lots of lettuce and lots of dressing, imo.

Caesar salad: if it doesn't have disgusting parmesan cheese it's fine. maybe a bit of parmesan.

mushroom salad: not very common maybe, or something. i get it from the local charcoal chicken shop. it's mushrooms, shallots, some other green bits and lots and lots of dressing.

tabouleh: the more mint the better. mint + tomato is unbeatable

:D
That's not a Greek salad then

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Best salad is rocket + other exotic greens, Lebanese cucumber, strawberries, olive oil and really good balsamic vinegar. Maybe shave some parmesan cheese on it.

ay0_x

HSC
I love the salads at Rossini's in Circular Quay.

Primavera salad:
Bed of lettuce...
Tuna
Olives [REAL olives not no frills shit]
Cherry tomato
Cucumber
Boccocini (sp?)
Corn

And they don't toss it so you can avoid the things you don't like.

so yummy omg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)