in lear conversation: what did u say? (1 Viewer)

melissella

i did something different in mine- ok heres what i did:

i had 2 people (alfred and wilfred) talking about tanja dennys and richard eyres versions- the opening scene, and the storm scene. wilfred was asking alfred for help, becos he was going to make his own production of the play. they had both seen each play, together. they both liked different aspects of them. they dicussed the different aspects (setting, costume and characterization) in their conversation, as they were combining aspects of each- but wilfreds play was going to be completely different- opening scene was set in lears garden; and instead of the 'storm scene' was a 'huge waterfall on a dark windy night scene'. i dont think i spent too long on my version. did anyone else handle it anything like this? do u think i might lose marks?

:argue:

quartic

Well if it was showing through the way that your character valued the play then it should be OK. That is if you said something like "I would set the opening scene in Lear's garden to represent an ordered family setting. This would then contrast the chaos of family relationships seen later and show the play as a tragedy of family breakdown."

Well anyway I had my two people discussing why they enjoyed or didn't enjoy various productions.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I just had two people agreeing on everything, cause I just couldn't think.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
I did something similar...I wrote mine based on new historicist and psycho-family drama interpretations and how production techniques could bring it out, etc. etc.

CharlieBob

Well i had a review like conversation between 2 people named david and margret... i didnt realy talk about my own type instead i just focused on the Denny and Eyre productions and a quick reference to that other one (the name has left me right now - the one where Edgar and Cordelia marry)...

I think yor idea of yor own interpretation was purty cool tho... waterfall? nice idea! thmao!

Milly

Mine was like Weisy's :)

Does anyone know what they meant by discussing the structure? I drew a total blank :confused:

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
yeah same, mine was like weisy's too i mean

i don't really know bout structure... the only thing i did was this one production technique for a marxist production where edmond refers to the wheel coming full circle. well i had the play structured with a wheel motif in the b/g so it's turning as the social order is changing in the play and by the end the wheel reverts to it's original position to show the impossibility of social uprising

CharlieBob

Why melissella all i do is say what i think... and thats what i thunked...

u seem to know me so well.. have we met in like a previous life or somefin? ;)

melissella

charliebob (sounds) like a spunk

well i dont know, charliebob- why, perhaps we have met in this life, like, perhaps we went to school together and perhaps we just went water-skiing together today.... but who knows

hehehehehehhehehehehehehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)