Your thoughts on this exam? (1 Viewer)

Fezz

What did everyone think who sat the Design & Technology exam?

Myself, I thought it was okay. I didn't study the keywords so that may have let me down... Only time will tell!

nicole2511

i thought it was pretty basic...which extended response question did everyone do? i thought the shopping one was the easiest..coz i didnt really study that much..oh well

Fezz

I also did the question on shopping and how it's changed with technology.

It seemed the easiest at the time. :D

smithy

Yeah i thought the shopping one was the easiest at the time as well- i don't know about the rest of the paper though- it seemed that even the shorter answer questions were worth 4 and 6 marks.

Also- the analysis of a cashless society seemed more like a commerce or some other type of question.

dansnation

i did the mobile phone question.. however, as i got past the first question, i realised i couldnt just bullshit like i thought i could..

stressed02

I also did the shopping one, and as you said Nicole, because of the fact that i hadn't studied much - it seemed like general knowledge to me...
I don't know how well i did in the Multiple choice section - i hate it how there are always 2 answers that could be right ! grrr
And what was with the middle section, that was weird, i didnt think they could ask us about management in the exam... ah well i think i got through it ok! dont know about life cycle analysis though...
Overall i thought it was ok - but i prob would have got the same mark even if i did no study at all because it was just general knowledge...

ben

SO STUPID!

I thought the exam was completely ridiculous! The multichoice was OK. Section II though was stupid - why the hell did they test us on managment and evaluation when they already did that in the folio?! Although I'm annoyed at myself because for some reason I restricted myself to talking about time and finance management only.... oops (there goes the possibility of band 5 or 6)!

And six marks on a life cycle analysis - argh!

For section III - I was going to do question 12 or 14 but relised the 8 mark questions were too hard. So I did the shopping one - probably like the rest of the state. I was able to crap on about smartcards replacing cash for a while. BUT WHY exactly was their 15 marks (about 40% of the paper) on shopping? I thought it was design and technology - you know safety, materials, tools, techniques...

OVERALL I pissed off because all my study was wasted by trying answer those crap questions that were more based on ethical common sense than knowledge of the syallabus.

At least there will probably be no one in the state that gets 8/8 for the last question... judging from the 3% in band 6 effort of last year's canditure.

Last edited:

karina

i thought it was easy... but i studied... oh well.
q9 was really tough... 2 dnt teachers had 2 different answers - it was the projector one. at the moment, the answer could have been either a or b.
what did you put????
i did the ligh chip extended response... to me it was the easiest...
hope all yo uguys did well

Sourie

TOO DAMN EASY....I ANSWERED EVERYTHING WITHIN THE FIRST 35 MINUTES AND STILL HAD TIME TO GO OVER IT BEFORE 40 MINUTES...............IM HOPING FOR BAND 6 BUT AT WORST BAND 5 COZ I FILLED UP EVERYLINE AND THE MARKERS LIKE THAT SINCE THEY THINK YOU KNOW HEAPS..............I WAS GLAD I DID IT ALL....EVEN THO I HAD TO USE BUSINESS STUDIS TERMS TO ANSWER QUESTIONS IN THE SHORT ANSWER SECTION LIKE PROJECT MANAGEMNET CONSISTED OF PLANNING CONTROLLING AND MONITORING!!! HAHA....LUCKY I REMEMBERED IT!@

stressed02

IM HOPING FOR BAND 6 BUT AT WORST BAND 5 COZ I FILLED UP EVERYLINE AND THE MARKERS LIKE THAT SINCE THEY THINK YOU KNOW HEAPS
true... but it helps if you have the right answer as well.. !

PROJECT MANAGEMNET CONSISTED OF PLANNING CONTROLLING AND MONITORING!!!
Planning, controlling and monitoring???

i just said, Time/Action plans, Finance plans and Resource management ...

ben

Originally posted by stressed02

true... but it helps if you have the right answer as well.. !

Planning, controlling and monitoring???

i just said, Time/Action plans, Finance plans and Resource management ...
i only put time/action, finance and resource.

that's what was so stupid about the paper! project management is different depending which bit of the syallabus you look at.

i think the right answer would include talking about criteria to evaluate success, areas of investigation, research etc. all as part of management. but i didn't. oh well.

-- btw, for that stupid PROJECTOR multi choice I put (b) because it was cheaper and still "easy to use". but WHY did they ask such a consumerish question?? what about innovation? OH&S? design?? no! they asked gay questions about shopping...

stressed02

yeah i put b as well - but SUCH a stupid question, how does that test us on ANYTHING we have learnt??

b/s if you ask me...

ben

it just enables people who didn't study to have the same opportunity to do well as people who didn't study grr...

and in doing so - means reduces people's chances of getting band 6 because they put such unfamiliar bs in it.

i wish the board of studies would "respond" to each exam - and say WHY they did it the way they did. at the moment i can't see their logic.

Sourie

who cares man? i did shit all and look how easy it was for me....like i mean it probly was pretty hard but like i didnt do anything this year and i finished in like record time!! haha....in my exam i think we had like one of the best people in the state becoz he knew anything on dt when we asked him questions, anyway i finished ages before him and he was like 'what the hell?' that guy was holding out on me.....i just bullshitted my whole way through but still will bring home the bacon due to some imaginative bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!

suckers:D :cool: :) ;) :p

stressed02

hmmm no offence or anything, but if your friend who is 'one of the best in the state' was like "what the hell??" and you finished in 'record time' whilst not studying at all.. doesn't that tell you something?!

yeah and as Ben said, it wasn't anything like the syllabus.... i think that if i hadn't done any study i would have got the same result, based on the fact that they examined us on general knowledge...

ben

SOURIE has been saying the exact same thing for each subject - saying how each exam has been soo easy and how he has these amazing capabilities of bullshitting... oh bravo sourie.

:p

that's my point stressed - i couldn't have been studying for king lear instead of DT the whole time - and i still would've got the same mark of the exam I'm sure of it - but probably will get band 2 for english instead of 1.... :mad:

stressed02

That is SO true, silly us, wasting our time on DT - and i know what you mean about english too, how annoying.... bloody King Lear though, i still cant get over them asking us to do a conversation... how old are we??

and yeah, i just noticed that Sourie has written the same thing on the English and Business studies forums as well! he must be pretty damn smart for someone who has admitted he has done NO work all year... lol, sorry mate, but it doesn't come that easy!

It's all in the MIND haha

superhubert

half way between the gutter and the stars
my d&t study consisted of the 1 hour break after the bloody english exam! I wasted 3 weeks studying for brave new world and lear. who writes these dt exams? the multiple choice section is *%#@ed. theres always has at least 5 questions that have two answers that are right, and i nearly always get 'em wrong.

ben

which multichoice questions were hard? (if you still have your question paper)

stressed02

i know what you mean about the multiple choice, i always feel like the BOS is out to TRICK us, that there is a 'catch' to each of the questions, and i agree that there sometimes seem like 2 of the answers could be right!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)