Are you honest if you are given marks you dont deserve (1 Viewer)

If you are given marks you dont deserve, would you/have you told the teacher?

• Total voters

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
If you are given marks you dont deserve in exams, such as incorrect adding up giving you extra marks or something incorrect has been marked correctly, have you/would you honestly tell the teacher and get the mistake corrected?

PS how do i make a poll to see the general view

Last edited:

loz8888

HSC
i havent been in this situation in year 12..but in the past years, when i found that i was given a higher mark than i was meant to, i told the teacher and they fixed it up . . .
i guess a lot of people in this situation would have just taken the mark and been silently happy, but im a bit of a worry-er and i wouldnt have been able to deal with not telling them

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
axlenatore said:
If you are given marks you dont deserve in exams, such as incorrect adding up giving you extra marks or something incorrect has been marked correctly, have you/would you honestly tell the teacher and get the mistake corrected?
Ah~~

This is the most difficult question that I have ever encountered...

I don't know. It really depends on the circumstance.

aussie-boy

HSC
no lol
you deserve whatever the teacher gives you... they're the marker and its up to them to get it right

what a dilemma!

HSC
I take it to the teacher and they fix it. I don't think I could keep marks I didn't deserve.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
The situation came up in my hsc trial for chemistry, i was given two extra marks in the multiple choice which i didnt deserve, my friend who i sat next to told me to keep the marks as i was four in the form but it didnt feel right so i owned up and scabed those two marks from elsewhere...somehow:rofl:

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Yes its happened several times and I've told the teacher and got the marks docked. I see why people keep them but I couldn't do it.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
If I deserved to lose mark where the marking was definitely wrongly done, I would go to a teacher and get my marks off but if it was in the short answer question or in the long response question where the marking system is disputable, I wouldn't even bother going and get my marks changed.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Caitlin63 said:
Yes its happened several times and I've told the teacher and got the marks docked. I see why people keep them but I couldn't do it.
I feel exactly the same, but im the only person i know who is honest at my school, everyone else just keeps the marks, someone said "its the teachers fault therefore i deserve the marks anyway"

SiN3m

HSC
always have but im afraid i did take an extra mark in an assessment recently

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
ITT : people taking the moral highground.

HSC
tommykins said:
ITT : people taking the moral highground.
Yeah, tbh I don't think many people (myself included) would tell the teacher if they were given a couple of extra marks they weren't supposed to get.

SiN3m

HSC
it's different coz it's hsc and every mark counts! if it was like yr10 i MAY have told the teacher but now nah...greedy

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
SiN3m said:
it's different coz it's hsc and every mark counts! if it was like yr10 i MAY have told the teacher but now nah...greedy
Yeah, true.

There was one question in my maths question where I thought that I could lose one mark in but I didn't tell the teacher about it because I knew that the question was disputable - highly. And I didn't want to risk it. I just thought - my answer is more correct than it is wrong so I will just pass this time .

But there were times when I knew that the I definitely got the question wrong so I fixed my marks.

undalay

HSC
As a math teacher once said.
"why the bloodyhell would u mention that"

4unitfreak

HSC
I'd like to think I'd be honest, but in most of my tests these days I need whatever marks I can get. When I was in junior school I used to tell the teachers, but now I'm in the HSC... not so sure.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
lol, i told the teacher once and showed it too him (he gave me an extra 2 marks or something that i shouldn't have) and he said to me.. well your lucky then. and he never took the marks off.

mrpet3rr

HSC
Imagine man. liek that one mark could mean a few ranks man like stuff that! stay silent and Enjoy your luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)