The Truth........ (1 Viewer)

Miffstaa

HSC
Now that some of us have finished the HSC, are there any confessions that need to be made?

Mine:
a) Yes, I did study film techniques for English by watching XENA- the box set- for a week during Stu vac.
b) To several people: No, i was not busy studying for the HSC, i just really didnt feel like talking to any of you.
c) No, mum and dad. When you thought that I was doing eight hours of study a day the week before the HSC and you both felt amazingly proud, I had actually spent most of my time downstairs and would only rush to my room to 'study' when you both came home from work.
d) Yes, i did make up those quotes from the Tempest......and BNW........and BR........and Frontline. Maybe several from Harwood? I'm not sure.

Azreil

HSC
Yes, I did make up cases in Legal and case studies in Business Studies.
No, I'm not trying as hard as I would've if I still needed 99.3.
Yes, I did only study for ext english for about 2 hours.

Lordie

HSC
Yes, I did sometimes use studying as an excuse to not see friends.

That...is basically all :(

I was quite the nerd for the HSC exams, heh...gotta love those 10 hour study days every day. Eeeeek.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Uhh it occasionally happened that when mates asked what I did all day (in the week leading up to AOS) I said I'd just "bummed around"... rather than admitting that I had spent >12 hours a day every day studying chemistry.

OOH and during the HSC year, my mother thought I was studying all the time (at least 2 days a week I'd get home from school and lock myself in my room, come out for dinner, and then return). Truth was I was sleeping. I didn't lie though, she just assumed.....and then told all my friends haha.

Miffstaa

HSC
Lordie said:
Yes, I did sometimes use studying as an excuse to not see friends.

That...is basically all :(

I was quite the nerd for the HSC exams, heh...gotta love those 10 hour study days every day. Eeeeek.
ahhah really? wow
i would never be able to have such self control. i think my concentration span lasts about 1 hour and by the end of that i already have a headache.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Oh... and the other truth is that I'm burnt out. cbf studying anymore. I won't admit that to my mother though.

Dis Amrahs

HSC
I didn't try as hard as i could have...
Im now a much more cynical and resigned person when it comes to secondary education in NSW
I did memorise essay responses (though i didnt write memorised essays in the tests)
I did steal scalpels, d40x camera charger and a silk screen press from the art staff
I also broke their fishbowl.

zxcvbee

HSC
N/A
*even though im gena 'pretend' to be happy with whatever mark i get just to get people off my back about the whole 'not the end of the world' thing, i shall secretly burn on the inside.
*Although i made notes, i never reallly got what i was writing & would toally copy from the textbook...
*Never really was studing all those times i said i couldnt go out, just didnt want to go out with anyone..
*would really annoy me when people would not believe me when i said 'im screwed for this test'
*No i will not miss anyone in my grade, even though i said i would.
*never really tried harder when i said i would
*am soo over all this crap and just want to sleep, even though i promised my friends/fam to go out with them all after my hsc, and i lied when i said 'id be up for anything'..

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Most of my 'going to the library and studying all day' was actually 'going to the library for 2 hours, getting bored, then going for coffee/shopping for the rest of the day'

Im pretty excited not to have to see half the people in my grade ever again

Leo 100

HSC
N/A
zxcvbee said:
*even though im gena 'pretend' to be happy with whatever mark i get just to get people off my back about the whole 'not the end of the world' thing, i shall secretly burn on the inside.
*Although i made notes, i never reallly got what i was writing & would toally copy from the textbook...
*Never really was studing all those times i said i couldnt go out, just didnt want to go out with anyone..
*would really annoy me when people would not believe me when i said 'im screwed for this test'
*No i will not miss anyone in my grade, even though i said i would.
*never really tried harder when i said i would
*am soo over all this crap and just want to sleep, even though i promised my friends/fam to go out with them all after my hsc, and i lied when i said 'id be up for anything'..
lol yeah same here

Kelly47

HSC
*I only studied the night before for most exams, in some cases 2 nights when I was serious.
*I never really learnt to study, I did better by cramming.

That's all I can think of for now...

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
Yes jesus did come into my room and take advantage of my sweet ass.

Guilty..

savio23q

Band
HSC
Epistemophobia said:
Yes jesus did come into my room and take advantage of my sweet ass.

Guilty..
lol? =\

Yes, I did memorise essays for english.
No, im not as smart as you all think. Im just smarter in comparison to my shitly ranked school.
No, I will not receive the UAI I want because I KNOW IT.
No, scaling will not help me.
I didn't go out with friends because im lazy and don't care.
All those 'library study days' were actually me going to meet up with my gf. Sorry mum and dad :).
Afraid the next few months will be boring as hell. :(

snowconesyum

HSC
yes, i have recycled the same creative writing in EVERY SINGLE english exam possible, starting in year 11, meh couldn't be bothered thinking up anything new.

yes, hsc period has strangely had not the hsc claiming my life, but tv.... i am now proudly up to date on: gossip girl, doctor who (so sad he's not coming back!) ,
prison break season 4 (all in one night! that is skill!!), mentalist, antm 11, 90210 - and those are the online ones :p as well as hours of shows that i couldn't care less about. like the amazing race.

yes, hsc mornings before the exams have been the most productive cramming sessions ever ;)

Katieeee

HSC
No, I never read 'Emma'
Yes, I based all my essays on 'Emma' on the two film versions I have seen
No, I haven't tried as hard as I probably should have
Yes, I spent two hours playing solitare yesterday to avoid studying
Yes, I only studied for maths the day before the exam... and will probably live to regret it!
Yes, I will be very disappointed if I get UAI below 90 even though I can still get into a similar course than my first prefence

Tha Wishkah

HSC
wixxy2348 said:
Oh... and the other truth is that I'm burnt out. cbf studying anymore. I won't admit that to my mother though.
This.

Also:

¤I've never watched frontline

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)