When do you receive a call from BOS for state rankings? (1 Viewer)

runnable

HSC
I think its a day earlier than the normal HSC results release day. So 16th I suppose.

proringz

HSC
Yeah it's the day before the HSC results (i.e 16th Dec) are released and I think you only get a call from BOS if you get 1st rank, not just a state ranking.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
proringz said:
Yeah it's the day before the HSC results (i.e 16th Dec) are released and I think you only get a call from BOS if you get 1st rank, not just a state ranking.
...so the first time u learn if u got in the top 20 in a subject is in the newspaper on the 18th?

proringz

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
...so the first time u learn if u got in the top 20 in a subject is in the newspaper on the 18th?
No, I believe it's when you get the results, it'll say 9th place (or whatever ranking) next to your result.

snowconesyum

HSC
actually, i'm pretty sure that when two of my friends got state rankings (not 1st) last year, they were called up about it...

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
you only got phoned if you get first in state in a subject, that phone call is usually a week or so before (sometimes a couple of days before, depends on the subject really) the HSC results come out and the ceremony is on the day before the results come out. the other state rankings can be seen in the newspaper or on the BOS website the day after the HSC results come out.

hope that helps.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eyetalian said:
you only got phoned if you get first in state in a subject, that phone call is usually a week or so before (sometimes a couple of days before, depends on the subject really) the HSC results come out and the ceremony is on the day before the results come out. the other state rankings can be seen in the newspaper or on the BOS website the day after the HSC results come out.

hope that helps.
how sure are you about this?

Zephyrio

HSC
My friend got three state rankings. She was informed by me, not the Board. I got the info from their website lol.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^ Yeah, I thought so.

What about firsts? Do they get a call like day before?

Zephyrio

HSC
Pretty sure they do it a few days before HSC results are released, to prepare for the ceremony and everything.

dp624

HSC
My friend got it the firday before the ceremony last year.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
BOSBOY said:
BOS calls for First in Course start today (Friday).
Is that on the BOS website? I can't find it. I'll be out most of today. Ugh stress

dp624

HSC
fallenstar said:
Is that on the BOS website? I can't find it. I'll be out most of today. Ugh stress
No, it's not up on the website, but it stands to reason it is today. But bring a mobile and register it with the studentsonline 'mydetails'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)