Anyone else crapping themself? (1 Viewer)

syriangabsta

HSC
N/A
Almost every single day, due to being nervous and the need of reassurance, i predict my HSC marks and throw them into SAM to gain an estimate. Although, is this reliable? i need to be sure my uai is what i want..or else i dont want it, lol.

Anyone else doing the same? lol

and how reliable is SAM..of course each year will vary depending on how well the state does, but still, does anyone if our year is dumb..or smart.. lol..

and uhh, when predicting my HSC marks, i am only predicting how well i did, and aligning them to the predicted alignment for this year...

i am NOT taking into consideration any ranks..

anyone else doing the same?

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
i was putting enough pressure on myself

and then i went and got dux

and my teachers don't know that i feel like i fucked up several exams

so yes. these expectations. are doing my head in. can't sleep.

and this is not a "omg i'm only going to get 99 as opposed to 99.95"; this is a "i fucking got dux and am finding it hard to believe i'll get over 80"

so yeah, fuck

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
carrots please! said:

and this is not a "omg i'm only going to get 99 as opposed to 99.95"; this is a "i fucking got dux and am finding it hard to believe i'll get over 80"

so yeah, fuck
+1.

With no real basis, you seem like you will get that >80 rank.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
syriangabsta said:
Almost every single day, due to being nervous and the need of reassurance, i predict my HSC marks and throw them into SAM to gain an estimate. Although, is this reliable? i need to be sure my uai is what i want..or else i dont want it, lol.

Anyone else doing the same? lol

and how reliable is SAM..of course each year will vary depending on how well the state does, but still, does anyone if our year is dumb..or smart.. lol..

and uhh, when predicting my HSC marks, i am only predicting how well i did, and aligning them to the predicted alignment for this year...

i am NOT taking into consideration any ranks..

anyone else doing the same?
...SAM isn't reliable until you know your HSC marks on Wednesday. And even then it won't always be reliable as it's based on 2005 data. So I don't use it, it just gets my hopes up.
Also, without taking rankings into consideration your UAI estimate becomes even less reliable.
Don't stuff around with UAI calculators now. They'll either depress you or get your hopes up way too much.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
fallenstar said:
Not crapping yet. I'm getting there though.
Constipated?...LOL :D

Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Last edited:
HSC
carrots please! said:

so yeah, fuck
Fuck, I know how you feel.
My lousy school went and announced dux and that before stuvac, and probably half of that period I was saying to myself, you don't even deserve dux, now you have to do really well.
Except I don't think that I did.
I mean, I only screwed up one exam (Ancient History), but my maths exam went okay (but not brilliantly), and I was kind of relying on Ancient to be higher than maths so it wouldn't count.
I don't think it will be.
All year I had my heart set on 80. Now I'm like, how shit will the school look if their dux gets below 95.
So yeah, I feel as though there's a lot of pressure on me.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
babikakez said:
Fuck, I know how you feel.
My lousy school went and announced dux and that before stuvac, and probably half of that period I was saying to myself, you don't even deserve dux, now you have to do really well.
Except I don't think that I did.
I mean, I only screwed up one exam (Ancient History), but my maths exam went okay (but not brilliantly), and I was kind of relying on Ancient to be higher than maths so it wouldn't count.
I don't think it will be.
All year I had my heart set on 80. Now I'm like, how shit will the school look if their dux gets below 95.
So yeah, I feel as though there's a lot of pressure on me.
Damn, that sucks. :(
I'm lucky my school doesn't decide dux until after the UAIs are released. People with UAIs over 90 have to 'apply' for dux by showing the school their uai and the highest gets it...Takes the pressure off, definitely.

P.T.F.E

HSC
ha well my chem teacher callled me band 2 nolan, then i was like first then droppped to 7th so i am shiiting my self cause i am accelerated and have put 4 years of wotk into one exam.
my teacher told me i am a band 6 student
he said if i dont he will be disappointed or pissed off
disapointed if its my fault pissed orf if its someone elses.
pretty sure he will be disappointed, i am also worried it will be lower way lower cause of people at my school
one chik walked out asap. grr.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
P.T.F.E said:
ha well my chem teacher callled me band 2 nolan, then i was like first then droppped to 7th so i am shiiting my self cause i am accelerated and have put 4 years of wotk into one exam.
my teacher told me i am a band 6 student
he said if i dont he will be disappointed or pissed off
disapointed if its my fault pissed orf if its someone elses.
pretty sure he will be disappointed, i am also worried it will be lower way lower cause of people at my school
one chik walked out asap. grr.
wow, like immediately after the hr had passed? was she ranked before you? if not it won't hurt you, really.

P.T.F.E

HSC
i no it was crazy she was obvious below me but still. i think she scored 4 if that ay.

HSC
fallenstar said:
Damn, that sucks. :(
I'm lucky my school doesn't decide dux until after the UAIs are released. People with UAIs over 90 have to 'apply' for dux by showing the school their uai and the highest gets it...Takes the pressure off, definitely.
My school doesn't do anything for externals. But there's only three people in my year who are likely to get above 90, most of my year won't even qualify for a UAI.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Ive lost all my confidence, if i dont get into my uni course i will cry and be reeeaaaally pissed of with myself for the next month. Mind, my boyfriend keeps reassuring me that the most important thing is to just get into the uni system, regardless of what course you start off with, still, its not much consolation.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
-may-cat- said:
Ive lost all my confidence, if i dont get into my uni course i will cry and be reeeaaaally pissed of with myself for the next month. Mind, my boyfriend keeps reassuring me that the most important thing is to just get into the uni system, regardless of what course you start off with, still, its not much consolation.
He's right. But I know what you mean - it won't be half as good as getting into your course straight away. What course do you want to do anyway? What UAI do you need?

babikakez said:
My school doesn't do anything for externals. But there's only three people in my year who are likely to get above 90, most of my year won't even qualify for a UAI.
Wow. My school is really competitive. But then again it's Catholic and pretty up-itself.
The competition can be crippling at times - a few people have burnt out, dropped out etc. No one would dream of walking out after an hr though!

dp624

HSC
I'm pretty sure not many schools tops ours for competitiveness

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)