Results in paper (1 Viewer)

Peteage

HSC
Does anybody know what papers release all the names of people who got band 6s and for which subjects they acheived them in?

Also, I was just wondering how you guys felt about this i.e. is it a good idea or a privacy invasion?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
SMH and Daily Telegraph

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Peteage said:
Does anybody know what papers release all the names of people who got band 6s and for which subjects they acheived them in?

Also, I was just wondering how you guys felt about this i.e. is it a good idea or a privacy invasion?

It is in both the Herald and the Telegraph.

I don't think it is too bad (when I did both my SC and HSC the full results of every student were in the paper.

We get so hung up on privacy matters these days that I sometimes wonder whether we are going over board.

I did read somewhere though that you could have indicated somewhere that you didn't want anything published but don't know where as none of the students at my school have ever done so.

lou071

HSC
N/A
when you get your HSC result tmr, it is moderated, not the raw mark right?

iluvGG

HSC
yeh, moderated marks tomorrow. you never know your raw mark.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
lou071 said:
when you get your HSC result tmr, it is moderated, not the raw mark right?

Tomorrow you get your moderated school assessment mark and the aligned exam mark along with the average of those two marks, which is the final HSC mark for the course.

laurennn91

HSC
does anyone know what day they release it in the paper? is it tomorrow?

Baggygreen408

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
dp, just like the guy who threw his shoes at george bush, u are celebrated amongs all of us here at bored for posting the link!!!
rofl... REBEL!!!!

see, Board of Studies keeps the students in suspense... they REBEL...

dp, u r a pioner!!!

Peteage

HSC
I just find the idea of people looking up my results in the paper very daunting. But on the other hand I recognise that it makes the event more sentimental.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
They won't know your actual results. All they'll know is what subjects you get band 6/E4 in...that is all. I personally think the Distinguish Achiever's List is awesome...all that effort into getting 90 or above in at least one subject deserves public recognition.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)