Those little things... (1 Viewer)

GET FREE

HSC
Really insignificant in relation to the actual exam, but the things around the exam.

1) My desk was wobbly. But not so wobbly that I could stick an eraser underneath one of the legs to stop it. It just wiggled everytime I wrote something.

2) The guy sitting next to me was cracking his fingers and knuckles. This habit drives me insane. It has the equivalent effect of watching someone slowly stick something into their eye. He did this in frequent intervals every 20 minutes or so.

3) He also sighed a fair bit, which was annoying.

Did anyone esle experience any small things that ticked them off?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
GET FREE said:
Really insignificant in relation to the actual exam, but the things around the exam.

1) My desk was wobbly. But not so wobbly that I could stick an eraser underneath one of the legs to stop it. It just wiggled everytime I wrote something.

2) The guy sitting next to me was cracking his fingers and knuckles. This habit drives me insane. It has the equivalent effect of watching someone slowly stick something into their eye. He did this in frequent intervals every 20 minutes or so.

3) He also sighed a fair bit, which was annoying.

Did anyone esle experience any small things that ticked them off?
when your table is wobbly like that, ask for a piece of paper to fold until it is the right thickness and put it under the problem leg.

xJennax

HSC
People who cough a lot and when people make really random like sighs and moans or something lol don't know how to describe it. Not really a big deal though, was just trying to think of something ahah.

GET FREE

HSC
-may-cat- said:
when your table is wobbly like that, ask for a piece of paper to fold until it is the right thickness and put it under the problem leg.
I've never considered paper for that. I've only ever used erasers.

I'll think about it if I end up with the same desk. Although I did sort of breifly consider myself a right little soldier for dealing with it. And when I say breifly, I mean it was gone before I could even ponder on it.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
A spider slowly lowered itself onto my table during the english exam. I managed to flick it off my desk, I think it probably died . . . I really hate spiders though, so it interrupted my train of thought and gave me the shivers.

Jezzakar

HSC
the supervisors kept walking behind me. it breaks focus. also, the ladyone was sitting up the back swinging her legs and it was right in my eyeline so again it was hard to focus

Disco Dinosaurs

HSC
A supervisor from the school certificate who looked like a man was back, she distracted me through the sc so now shes going to distract me through the hsc. Also, another supervisor was leaning against the wall, scanning for hands going to be raised, kept going to move when she thought someone had raised their hand but it rarely was anything, so shed start to move then stop. It was all rather annoying.

Bilama

HSC
munchiecrunchie said:
A spider slowly lowered itself onto my table during the english exam. I managed to flick it off my desk, I think it probably died . . . I really hate spiders though, so it interrupted my train of thought and gave me the shivers.
aw..LOL:D

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
So many people at my school are sick with colds and things like that, so everyone was sniffling. And I kept coughing because of a throat infection. Sorry LAGS 08. =(

Bilama

HSC
well..our supervisors had a mic to make announcements..the big speakers are hooked up on the wall in the hall...weelll
u kow that sound when a mobilephone rings near speakers..that "tut tut tut" sound...
heh that hapened half way through eng...probably a silent phone which went off...
she turned off the mic after a while..:p
distraction..

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, and I remember in Paper 1! We had about 42 minutes to go (I was right near the clock), and our supervisor said "12 minutes remaining!" We all started panicking and were like, OMG what? NO! Then she realised her mistake and said it was 42 minutes remaining. The whole room sighed, chuckled and kept writing.

Random, somewhat humorous addition. =]

Bilama

HSC
gcchick said:
Oh, and I remember in Paper 1! We had about 42 minutes to go (I was right near the clock), and our supervisor said "12 minutes remaining!" We all started panicking and were like, OMG what? NO! Then she realised her mistake and said it was 42 minutes remaining. The whole room sighed, chuckled and kept writing.

Random, somewhat humorous addition. =]
Rolling On Floor Laughing
heh

2S1D3

HSC
Yeah today in paper two, one of the examiners' phone went off, lol at everyone in the exam hall panicking.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Mines just a hair problem. I have to bring a headband into the exam just to keep it from falling in my face. First exam I forgot to bring the band, so I had to keep tying it back during the test.

Bilama

HSC
2S1D3 said:
Yeah today in paper two, one of the examiners' phone went off, lol at everyone in the exam hall panicking.
LOL panic...heheh

Just.Snaz

HSC
The fact that supervisors take their SWEET ASS TIME bringing you another booklet... and then insist on explaining to me how to tie it up with string WHEN I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FREAKING EXAM!

Also how the supervisor explains everything like.. robotic-like.. it's good but meh.. just tell us the exam is over.. not "your two hours of exam for English bla bla bla... are over now"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)