Transformation: RAGAD and Hamlet! (1 Viewer)

andynhan

HSC
:uhoh: i found that question way to specific.. for everyone who done destiny and fate as a theme... they hit jackpot.. unfortunately i did death!

lordesf

HSC
Yeh me too! i wrtoe liek 1/2 a page on death then scripled it caus ei couldnt get my head around it....

yeh... i was specific

poWerdrY

HSC
i did social order, destiny fate and death. so i pretty much had to cut down 2/3 of my essay. not happy :'(

j-3-s-5

HSC
yer it was really specific, and the quote was way to long lol so i pretty much ignored it.

I did mainly free will, with a bit of destiny and death, and then talked about how theatre and language reinforces the values that reflect an individuals control lol. a whole laod of crap and half of it prbably didn't make sense. throughout the year mod a has always been my best but i don't like my chances for this one lol.

lucy-may

HSC
andynhan said:
:uhoh: i found that question way to specific.. for everyone who done destiny and fate as a theme... they hit jackpot.. unfortunately i did death!
Yeah, that would be me!!! I was gonna put destiny, free will and choice in my essay anyway :)
Sorry for the rest of you guys.....

I messed up powerplay in the end though

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
You could have easily incorporated death into the essay, by reflected on the control inidividuals have over themselves, in relation to destiny, fate, and society. The first line of the quote even mentions 'intuition of mortality'.

Overall, I used the primary themes of Fate/Destiny, Death, and Identity, in relation to society. The primary values of trust and certainty were also covered.

Matt Palmer

TV Watcher
HSC
andynhan said:
Well the quote came from the "death" section of my study guide soooooo talked about death. It is the inevitability of death it talks about. Transformation from the hamlet section about yoricks skull. but i also talked about destiny. and appearance of control in society

andynhan

HSC
i manipulated my theme of death and my argument for genre and protagonist to fit into the answer... i wrote my whole essay and spent 45 minutes on this section

i hope i answered the question, i went to my teacher she said sounds like i did! hopefully!

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
u know from the rubric, no matter the Q incorporate CHARACTERISATION, THEMES , VALUES, LANGUAGE

eg characterisation of hamlet in Shakespeares text, procrastinates, has change to kill claudius but wants to make him sufer, therefore has control, Ros and guil in RAGAD: "we have no control" (lol perfect quote)

themes and values are linked: talk about any would match:

theme of death, value of life and faith: control one has in life, inevitability, faith playing a part in control

theme of fate vs choice, value of control and self determination (This one suited it well) talk about how in Shakespeare's text seath is tragic/purposeful, whereas in stopards it isstripped of tragedy, also can bring in HUMANISM and his 'alexaned died, alexander was buried, alexander returneth to dust' speech to show how deathis equiliser, and ultimately no control - RAGAD yeh they quote wouldve been good 'only one directon', etc, 'simply a man failing to reappear'

theme of appearance vs reality, value of identity and truth: control in deception in HAMLET - feined madness, 'plays the thing wherein ill catch teh conscience of the king' - has control, whereas RAGAD dont know who they are, no identity and thus no ctrl

LANGUAGE -poetic language in shakespeare shows royalty, could use language as powerful means of communicating ides/themes eg to be or not to be
RAGAD- language uses non-sequiters, puns etc -0 drabness of life in 60's, language not powerful, cannot be used to control any more as it has been used for deception (vietnam)

yeh and no doubt u KNOW U MUST PUT IN CONTEXT throughout all this

and thats module A for ya

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
u know from the rubric, no matter the Q incorporate CHARACTERISATION, THEMES , VALUES, LANGUAGE

eg characterisation of hamlet in Shakespeares text, procrastinates, has change to kill claudius but wants to make him sufer, therefore has control, Ros and guil in RAGAD: "we have no control" (lol perfect quote)

theme of death, value of life and faith: control one has in life, inevitability, faith playing a part in control

theme of fate vs choice, value of control and self determination (This one suited it well) talk about how in Shakespeare's text seath is tragic/purposeful, whereas in stopards it isstripped of tragedy, also can bring in HUMANISM and his 'alexaned died, alexander was buried, alexander returneth to dust' speech to show how deathis equiliser, and ultimately no control - RAGAD yeh they quote wouldve been good 'only one directon', etc, 'simply a man failing to reappear'

theme of appearance vs reality, value of identity and truth: control in deception in HAMLET - feined madness, 'plays the thing wherein ill catch teh conscience of the king' - has control, whereas RAGAD dont know who they are, no identity and thus no ctrl

LANGUAGE -poetic language in shakespeare shows royalty, could use language as powerful means of communicating ides/themes eg to be or not to be
RAGAD- language uses non-sequiters, puns etc -0 drabness of life in 60's, language not powerful, cannot be used to control any more as it has been used for deception (vietnam)

:D

JessJam

HSC
Well i talked about the control the authors had over society and vice versa as it related absolutely perfectly with my Ext 1 module: The Individual and Society!!! God i love the BOS atm for making my life soooo much easier...

By using literary styles and religious values, the composers mirrored their contexts' values surrounding individualism: ie Shakespeare's world was very conservative and hence he produced a contextually popular play in the style of a revenge tragedy, on the other hand, Stoppard used a hybrid of styles, demonstrating the freedom of the individual in his modern context.

But that's just me lol

Tinkluvsyou114

HSC
Transformations should melt. I knew so much info for that, but the question totally threw me off. Serves me right for only ever practicing the generic essays :( I was all set to do characterisation, language, genre and theme and relate it and then...there goes my concentration and we have quite a shambles.

Does anyone else feel as though lack of sleep is affecting their HSC BADLY?

Hysterik

HSC
I liked the question. The central part of my Hamlet discussion has always been "what does free will mean in a world where everything is governed by fate?" Which was linked so closely to the question. So, I was happy. :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
"we have no control" (lol perfect quote)
Great Quote. Can't believe I forgot it. Still, got I shitload of other ones in, so it won't matter. :D

Livie---!!

HSC
I hated it. It gave me nothing to work with, everyone i have spoken to in my year had a hard time writing a response to it... even my teacher said it was a bitch of a question. It was stupid.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
death did relate to the question
i had prepared death, destiny and fate and appearance vs reality
but only used the first two
i did like three pages of context :/
but 8 overall
with the control bit did people talk about the influence of the great chain of being etc

Livie---!!

HSC
Pwnage101 said:

Well you obviously did great! lol bit late for those notes now but :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
i got sooooooooo lucky with this question, this was nearly exactly the same as my assessment task on transformation, i have a feeling others might have found i little difficult.

mossieman

HSC
Loved it! Was able to use the same essay I had all year. I hate it when you have so much info in your head though, that you keep thinking back, and going "Oh I should of used that"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)