what is narative tehcniques? (1 Viewer)

lordesf

HSC
Hey

I saw this for wutheirng heights...

at the time i interpretated as the narators.. and how they reflect the memroies etc..

and i struggled so bad on tht....

someone else told me it meant normal tehcniques? :S.. if it is i sieorusly hate mys4elf..

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Narrative techniques are any literary device used by the composer. Includes symbolism, structure, language etc.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
i did cloudstreet, and i mentioned: cyclic structure, use of omniscient narrator, shift from first to third to second person, symbolism, personification, poetic descriptions of place,use of Aus. vernacular with biblical imagery, CHARACTERISATION!!!!...yeh

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
Its just techniques, similar to dramatic techniques, language techniques, etc. I reckon they're about the same thing.

edit:
I believe narrative techniques is yes can be any techniques, but! the difference is you have to explain the effect the narrator provided from this technique to drive the plot and ideas across.

Like the "roaring waves", the personification isn't going to get you the marks if it simply used so to create an image in our minds.

However, if it is used to reflect the fear in a character...maybe. Because it drives the narration around, hints to the audience of danger even. But then again you have to choose the right narrative techniques to support your own view!

The best ones are usually setting, dialogue and use of narrator

Last edited:

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
i did cloudstreet, and i mentioned: cyclic structure, use of omniscient narrator, shift from first to third to second person, symbolism, personification, poetic descriptions of place,use of Aus. vernacular with biblical imagery, CHARACTERISATION!!!!...yeh
Oh dear, i'm hammered:(

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
woo i did something right :eek: yayaya

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
OMG YAY

hahaha narrative technique.. i thought it was like something to do with narratives.. but i mentioned most of that shit!

hey now i feel better :)

stressed14

HSC
omfg..... i did narration...not narrative techniques...narration is part of the narriative techniques though...isn't it...?? somebody humor me! but did everyone still talk about 2 perspectives??? and pick 2 themes that match the perspective..then im my case how the narration aids that?

bmn

HSC
My eng teacher said that if you focused on imagery instead of structure you'd drop 4-5 marks

NickyFM

HSC
Re: what is narrative tehcniques?

I saw the q and was like oh fuck i have no idea about narration
and THEN i realised that's any literary techniques!
Jackpot.

D.White

Banned
HSC
bmn said:
My eng teacher said that if you focused on imagery instead of structure you'd drop 4-5 marks
Mine said similar. He said poetic techniques was about the poetry, not about the language, and thus about how the poem was shaped and not about each word.

D.White

Banned
HSC

NickyFM said:
I saw the q and was like oh fuck i have no idea about narration
and THEN i realised that's any literary techniques!
Jackpot.
Um no it isn't? Narration in Cloudstreet refers specifically to the omniscient narrator, and Winton's use of it in order to express an idea. Literary techniques, characterisation, dialogue etc. are all bunk and, since one of the criterion is "addressing the question", you'll lose marks.

melmont13

HSC

I fucking RAPED this question; my whole personal reading was fully on how Bronte utilises techniques- setting, characterisation, symbolism, juxtaposition of setting, intergenerational narrative structure. Fuck yeah.

In all serious the term 'narrative technique' is such a loose, ambiguous term that as long as you mentioned various literary techniques; they probably won't mark you down.

Last edited:

AmberBck

HSC
halelujah!

i did Bronte and i mentioned setting and the contrast between the settings, imagery, unconvential narrative techniques (e.g focalisation from two characters and the way the story jumps forward in time, then back etc) and social prejudices of her context that reflect within Heathcliff (so kinda touched a bit on characterisation) and then i linked all of this with textual integrity just to sound like i had a clue what i was talking about just incase the person who marks it has no clue what im blabbering about

i only had 30 minutes to do that essay though, but i still wrote out a book so i was happy with that...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)