Lear - Dramatic Techniques (1 Viewer)

wintering

HSC
Say I talked about language/narrative techniques instead of "dramatic" techniques. Am I looking at 10/20? If I'm lucky? lol

... :( epic fail

wintering

HSC
uhhhh. are you sure?

i talked about characterisation, plotting, the subplot, language and imagery

other people having written about irony, soliloquy, foreshadowing, etc. which uh... sound more like dramatic techniques to me. lawl.

i'm SCREWED, right? don't get my hopes up.

HSC
Yeah. You're fucked. Don't even expect a 10, that's being too optimistic.

janaranaran!

HSC
subplot and imagery are totally dramatic techniques

although im fairly sure i screwed that essay soooo bad. i wasn't specific enough, should have talked more about soliloquy and dramatic irony, gaahhhh

Last edited:

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
I reckon you did fine, don't worry. English is over

HSC
N/A
wintering said:
uhhhh. are you sure?

i talked about characterisation, plotting, the subplot, language and imagery

other people having written about irony, soliloquy, foreshadowing, etc. which uh... sound more like dramatic techniques to me. lawl.

i'm SCREWED, right? don't get my hopes up.
Why are you so insistent that 'you're screwed'?

We had a similar question for one of our assessments earlier on in the year and although my selection of dramatic techniques wasn't the best, I still managed to pull in 90% for that assessment. If your understanding of Lear shows through in the essay and your language is sophisticated (or near enough) then you should still be okay.

wintering

HSC
because i don't want to start expecting my result to be 90+ and then have it come back to be 77. :(

Yeah. You're fucked. Don't even expect a 10, that's being too optimistic.
thanks. :)

okay, i'm going to stop thinking about english now.

thank god that's done with.

janaranaran!

HSC
-WaxingLyrical- said:
Why are you so insistent that 'you're screwed'?

We had a similar question for one of our assessments earlier on in the year and although my selection of dramatic techniques wasn't the best, I still managed to pull in 90% for that assessment. If your understanding of Lear shows through in the essay and your language is sophisticated (or near enough) then you should still be okay.
this.

or at least that's what i'm holding onto lol

echeng

HSC
umm i wrote about characterisation, relationships~ tragic structure, Blunt & direct language...plus France and Lear's two lyrical speeches! does it look alright? are they ok examples of dramatic techniques?

liam9519

HSC
i talked about lear's language, and gloucester's and the fool a fair bit. also a bit of the daughters. said things like blank verse, prose and iambic pentameter, but forgot to mention dramatic irony. I focussed more on the 'memorable ideas' part really...

didn't address the context part of the rubric though at all really... This fuckin module is so confusing.. do they want readings or not? I didn't put any, just quotes from critics.

still i think i did ok... 18+ I'd say.. filled up a whole booklet on it and well written imo. but yeah mod C was miles ahead.

andrewthe1st

HSC
Hmm.. yeah it's tough. i don't know if i did the right thing either. I'm a drama student, and technically 'dramatic techniques' means atmosphere, status, tension, use of space, time, tempo, rhythm etc.

If that's how they marked it then.. crap.

rani.g.

HSC
Under dramatic techniques I used things like symbolism, dramatic irony, similes, extended metaphor, motif, repetition, allusion...and even really specific langauge techniques like sentence structure, simile and rhetorical question. The way I figure it, the text was written for theatre, and the words the actors speak are written for dramatic effect, thus rendering 'dramatic techniques' inclusive of what otherwise would be classed as 'language techniques'.

8th1da

HSC
i wrote about :
dramatic irony which is evident in the end
binary opposition
soliliquy
irony
symbolisim
and just explained how these techniques made lear important in its context and todays society

- Insomniac! -

HSC
I wouldn't worry too much, language techniques can greatly impact on dramatic techniques, language can be represented in many different ways, it adds to the dramatic feel of the text depending on what language technique you use e.g. Tone, Irony, Sarcasm...the list goes on! Goodluck with your results!:D

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
o crap i just realised i accidentally referred to narrative techniques as dramatic techniques once :S

HSC
dudeee you're set! dramatic techniques are pretty much any literary/staging device used by shakespeare...if you discussed anything from irony to language to stage directions you're sweet.

its the idiots who focused their essays on different productions rather than their own interpretation that are screwed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)