role of detective; EXT 1 (1 Viewer)

kinka11

HSC
:wave:

hey guyss
im just doing some last minute wot i hope is perfecting. Im just analysing the roles of the detectives in my texts and in one of my supplementary texts the detective is actually the father of the two brothers. Im doing Before the Devil Knows your Dead if anyone has seen it. But yeaa basically im wondering if it wud be right to ssay the detective figure, being the father, explores how in society today as individuals we have lost a sense of respect and therefore reliance on the role of authorites and therefore find greater success in taking crimes into our own hands?

wud this be a fair call or na?

appreciate any help
xxx

supers0n1k

HSC
N/A
kinka11 said:
:wave:

hey guyss
im just doing some last minute wot i hope is perfecting.
wot i hope is perfecting.
wot
Sorry, but this is Extension English. It doesn't matter what you know about crime fiction, because you're fucked with that spelling.

kinka11

HSC
supers0n1k said:
Sorry, but this is Extension English. It doesn't matter what you know about crime fiction, because you're fucked with that spelling.
wow i cant believe you just wasted ur time replying with that.
i didnt realise i was getting my spelling marked over this?
ma bad oops i mean My Bad.

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
supers0n1k said:
i sea, so UAI is based not only on tests witch deeterman how well someonebody memories something, but also their spaellin' on teh interwebz.

I shall watch out four accidanutly righting luls and wot in my eshayy

gtfo troll

HSC
imo, i would say it's fine, so long as you can rummage around for some quotes or whatever to support it.

jackcool

HSC
hahahahahahahaha
what a dickhead.

what you have sounds fine. apparently they like it when you apply a greater meaning to the story as it shows that you really understand the genre and what the composer is trying to comment on within your text.

metalheaven

HSC
hahah you know what the best thing about supers0n1k's post is? It's that this is so far his only post on the bos forums :p what a way to inaugurate yourself into a community that's intended to be a helpful student community. (oh and btw, you spelt Super Sonic wrong in your username, looks like you're fucked for your exam too :D)

And back to the actual thread topic, I'm assuming you're doing crime fiction? Well yeah what you have here seems good, it could really fit into the whole contextual aspect of crime fiction.
Good luck :)

kaiserstickler

HSC
This site really annoys me. It's like everyone is really arrogant and thinks that they are the best... and try to show off in some way. Who gives a shit how someone spells something... i'ts the internet not a test.
Crime fiction is tomorrow and i am completely stuffed for it. Does anyone have any ideas for questions they might ask?

metalheaven

HSC
Have you looked at the past paper questions? They can give you a general idea.

I'm personally hoping that it's a question about contexts, coz I think I'm virtually screwed for anything else :(

Sangfroid

HSC
kaiserstickler said:
This site really annoys me. It's like everyone is really arrogant and thinks that they are the best... and try to show off in some way. Who gives a shit how someone spells something... i'ts the internet not a test.
Crime fiction is tomorrow and i am completely stuffed for it. Does anyone have any ideas for questions they might ask?
Well the trend was about the values and influences of context before, but harder ones would require you to focus on specific asepcts (e.g. mystery and discovery).

The basic idea is to manipulate your intro, essay, topic sentences, argument and points around the keywords to show your understanding of the syllabus.

I needa start studying nao. D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)