who is so over english that they are finding it extremely difficult to study for ext (1 Viewer)

clofamiliar

HSC
eep. finding it extremely hard to study for ext. anyone else in the same boat?

SomethingKiller

HSC
Trust me, Kid, there's a lot of people in the same boat as you.
Just chill and focus on your quotes, examples and thesis. Take a break and relax every now and then. I like to near-OD on coffee every now and then, but... wouldn't go doing that if I were you guys.
Anyone doing Spec fic?
I think I'm doing okay. Just relax, you'll be fine. Give it your best. ;) Good Luck.

SomethingKiller

HSC
IMPORTANT!!!:
Oh, shit, I probably should have mentioned this:
If you're REALLY having trouble, try this site: www.sparknotes.com
Desperate times call for desperate measures, but I find it helps foundate background information etc and is amazing if you use it properly and conscienciously.
xo.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'm sort of the same. But it's the day before and I just had two exams, which makes it hard to want to study. I think I'll just learn my quotes, and then stop worrying. I know most of it anyway.

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
im over english already

actually i luv english

just over study in general especially memorizing essays!!!!

2 more days!!!

Zippora

HSC
yes the thought of memorising an essay like im about to do is killing me. im so over it that my brain has actually forgotten how to memorise an essay.

Sventina

HSC
Re: who is so over english that they are finding it extremely difficult to study for

Yep. I don't even have a proper creative piece prepared. Just a few vague ideas.

Trying to write text summary now. /wrists

knots&crosses

HSC
Haha, same here. No longer bothered. I just want to sleep and let tomorrow come and pass. I am so over this HSCness. I dont stress at all but my neck is severely hurting, I'm tired all the time, especially after exams and like the rest of u, cannot force my brain to memorise an essay. If i want to practice under the time limit, i should get going now. I want to sleep at 9.

Clever Chick

2008- Year 12
HSC
i know its a bad attitude

but i am really only doing ee1 cause i do ee2

i hate individual in society and my teacher taught us nothing

thankgod for my year advisor who helped us out

but i just doesnt interest me at all

its gay u have to do it to do ee2!!!!

donz

HSC
i called the hsc line cause i can never never spell the french leiutenants woman and then underline it with out it either looking like the frensh luiteuenats women or instead of underlining it , im writing so fast that i cross it out.. so do u think its worth losing the marks for just writing FLW. how many quotes do you all have..

i have zero motivation

SomethingKiller

HSC
I have a few quotes on each texts. 3 or 4 for each prescribed and one extended for related. My genre is Spec Fic so I focus mainly on conventions, evocative techniques and speculation and CONTEXT.
How many prescribed/related texts is everyone using?
I was told by one teacher that top answers use all 3 prescribed but another said 2 done properly is better.

eaudereema

Fancy Pants
HSC
I&S sucked major ass as an elective.

I am like, horrifically unprepared [reference previous spelling for evidence].

The only thing I'm worried about though, is not being worried [?].

!

Sangfroid

HSC
SomethingKiller said:
I have a few quotes on each texts. 3 or 4 for each prescribed and one extended for related. My genre is Spec Fic so I focus mainly on conventions, evocative techniques and speculation and CONTEXT.
How many prescribed/related texts is everyone using?
I was told by one teacher that top answers use all 3 prescribed but another said 2 done properly is better.
I'm doing two prescibed texts (The Big Sleep and The Real Inspector Hound) and two supplementary texts (Chinatown and A Time to Kill).

I needa get my brain juices flowing again - but the concepts and framework I've got a fairly strong indication of. Just need to remember the specifics - quotes from the text, theory quotes, and some techniques.

Sticking with my outline for the creative.

sonnysburning

HSC
Re: who is so over english that they are finding it extremely difficult to study for

eaudereema said:
I&S sucked major ass as an elective.
I am like, horrifically unprepared [reference previous spelling for evidence].

The only thing I'm worried about though, is not being worried [?].

!
intensely agreed!!
i've had three exams this week and am burnt out and completely over it..
and trying to jam paradigms and qoutes from six diferent texts just isn't fun.. haha.
good luck everyone :D

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC

I am doomed!!! Havn't study extension AT ALL since last term, only began today ==
My creative is kinda sucky, but no time changing now.
Do most people remember an outline? or a whole story?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)