A few questions on the exam... (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
I reckon i aced it and got 85%+ but i'm not sure.

hmmm

for 5

was the answer a)

for 26 d iv)

i said, australia's government health industry is strong, and people can live to an older age as they can receive treatment for diseases faster and more efficiently. is that a valid reason?

for 27 iii)

i wrote answer as:

7 am wednesday ignoring time zone differences.
12 noon wednesday including time zone differences.

i put the 2 answers in, which is correct (or neither?) and if one of them is correct, will i get full marks for that question since i put 2 answers in?

for 28 v) 1

i said ther heights varied from 115 - 145 cm is that the answer?

for 28 v) 2

is this a valid reason:

at the age of 12 and beyond most girls would have started puberty, which causes different changes in height.

decoil

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
for 27 iii)

i wrote answer as:

7 am wednesday ignoring time zone differences.
12 noon wednesday including time zone differences.

i put the 2 answers in, which is correct (or neither?) and if one of them is correct, will i get full marks for that question since i put 2 answers in?
I wrote both answers too. Since we stated that one was ignoring, and one was including - i believe there would be no problems there.

Kiim2507

HSC
5 was B - 47 degrees

26 d iv) I don't think so....I think they were looking for an answer along the lines of 80 + covers a lot more people than 75-79

27 iii) It is 12pm noon wednesday as ignore time zones just means ignore time zones in real life (i.e daylight savings etc). I think you should get full marks though

28 v) 1 The answer is they grow 6cm a year

28 v) 2...Yeah think they should be ok

Uncle Toby

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
for 26 d iv)

i said, australia's government health industry is strong, and people can live to an older age as they can receive treatment for diseases faster and more efficiently. is that a valid reason?
The reason was because 80+ covers more ages than 75-79, if that is the question im thinking of (I dont have the paper.) Remember, it is a maths test so your answer has to be mathematical.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Kiim2507 said:
5 was B - 47 degrees

26 d iv) I don't think so....I think they were looking for an answer along the lines of 80 + covers a lot more people than 75-79

27 iii) It is 12pm noon wednesday as ignore time zones just means ignore time zones in real life (i.e daylight savings etc). I think you should get full marks though

how do u work out 5 as b?

cxlxoxk

HSC
damn why didn't i see to rearrange the cosine rule to find the angle.

i just had a blank on the question!

Kiim2507 said:
5 was B - 47 degrees

ok thats an answer for 28v1, but is it the ONLY answer???

will i get the 1 mark for indicating the girl's heights go from 115cm to 145cm from ages 6-11?

It should've asked how much do girls aged 6-11, grow each year. If they wanted that answer u had.

BUT it just said to indicate SOMETHING about their height, not how specifically much they grow each year.

---

By the way for the Borneo Kenya question, i calculated it using circle geometry, LOL. Were u supposed to? i used 2 pi R x 75/360 to calculate the distance for i)

Last edited:

vintage29

HSC
Uncle Toby said:
The reason was because 80+ covers more ages than 75-79, if that is the question im thinking of (I dont have the paper.) Remember, it is a maths test so your answer has to be mathematical.
yeh i said because 75-79 only has a range of 4 where as 80+ will have a range of over 4

Pantera

HSC
Honestly, a maths paper that requires an answer of "puberty" is just fucking ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)