Calculating your band from your estimated raw mark! (1 Viewer)

jaja112

Disco King
HSC
I posted this somewhere else but i think this is important if u r really dying to know what band u r gonna get.

The first thing you'll need is any competent GENERAL MATHS student to come help u out with the calculation. I'm serious, they really do this stuff!

For me it was a little something like this:

I got a raw mark of around 83 minimum. If you take the average score in NSW to be around 61 (sounds about right??) and the standard deviation is 18 your Z-Score will be 1.2 which indicates you'll be at least in the top 15%, hence, E4 (since top 30% get E4). Thats WELL WITHIN E4 territory, so the probability of getting e4 is pretty damn good.

adosh

HSC
so what do you think the average will be,,,how far above the average must one be to get scaled up??,, i think i got max 70/120,,would this be enough for E4......... or even E3???????,,,

wil123

HSC
adosh said:
so what do you think the average will be,,,how far above the average must one be to get scaled up??,, i think i got max 70/120,,would this be enough for E4......... or even E3???????,,,
I reckon 50% will even get you an E3 this year dude. General idea is that it was a tough test, people i know personally who were expecting 70s raw got around 50s. My teacher thinks this year only 60-65% is required for an E4 so you should be right.

QuLiT

HSC
rofl 60-65 raw for e4 is a bit hopeful, it will still be around 70-80's

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
i havent spoken to any teachers yet, could ppl post up what their teachers/co-ordinators said about the test and what RAW marks they think will translate into E4

I have no idea personally, but this is my guess: the average'll be around low 70's/120, so for an e4, which encompasses approx 30% of students, the min should be around low 80's/120

again just a guess, have no idea, but yeh its be great if someone from past years/someone who actually knows a thing or 2 about this could share some info with us

mick135

HSC
they said it was the hardest ext 2 test in yrs
i'm hoping the avg is around the 40s :D
then i might look good

lets get some dumb kids to do ext 2 for future years, make the avg lower so you look smarter than what you really are

berna007

HSC
if u pass this year, then its a definite E3... im guessing this year, high 70's/ low 80's will get u an E4...and aahhh i hate it when people say "ooo im expecting high 80s min for the exam"..seriously, i always hear people who say that and end up failing! so stop bragging until u get ur actual hsc mark!!!

adosh

HSC
lol ,,i c so passing definitely gets an E3 ,,sounds good,,,,,i think max i can get is 57%,,hoping thats a mid to high E3 .. but hey,,,,,do you have to be above the average to get scaled up,,, for example say i got 57% and that was the state average mark,,, or say the stae average was 60%,,,what happens in both those cases,,,,do i get scaled down?????

conics2008

HSC
berna007 said:
if u pass this year, then its a definite E3... im guessing this year, high 70's/ low 80's will get u an E4...and aahhh i hate it when people say "ooo im expecting high 80s min for the exam"..seriously, i always hear people who say that and end up failing! so stop bragging until u get ur actual hsc mark!!!
lol relax.. its only a mark lulz..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)