General Thoughts - Ancient History (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Share your overall thoughts of the exam here.

Please put your thoughts on each section in the respective threads. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly47

HSC
It wasn't AS bad as I thought it would be, but still pretty bad. I didn't like the options for Greek World 500-440BC D:

s2hurt

HSC
epic fail. i took a risk and studied only delian league and guess what!!!they surprised me this year and wasn't in there. Why cant they do xerxes accession or succession or interpretation from modern scholar.

SpoonSamba

HSC
i was going well, i was pretty happy, like the questions weren't the easiest but somewhere in my brain i knew something about them and so i was like yeh ok this is good!

and then i got to the historical period

and then i went fuk

and then i wrote something really shit that didnt answer the question or like really achieve anything cos i didnt know what the question meant

now im just fucked.

im so not reading anything older than like harry potter ever again in my life ever.

summers302

HSC
ancient exam 08

how did people find the exam?

i found it alrite actually, i honestly thought it wasnt to hard.

but what about everyone else?

gina1990

giNAH!
HSC
s2hurt said:
epic fail. i took a risk and studied only delian league and guess what!!!they surprised me this year and wasn't in there. Why cant they do xerxes accession or succession or interpretation from modern scholar.
actually delian league was kinda in there...not directly tho. like the changes in relationships with athens and its allies are related to the delian league. u had to talk about how the relationship was at the beginning of the league and then how it changed when it transformed into the athenian empire. at least i think thats right lol.

Pantera

HSC
I did mediocre - but much better than I though I would.

But more importantly, WHO GIVES A FUCK IM FINISHED WITH THIS HSC BULLSHIT NOW!

*gets drunk*

Last edited:

x-beckyyy-x

HSC
pompeii and herc was fine (besides the 8 marks on the AMPITHEATRE?) but.. for sparta, julius caesar and the fall it was alright... not great. but alright.

trots24680

HSC
P and H- was ok
Hatshepsut- Had nothing on foreign policy
Mycenaean- Stupid Questions
New Kingdom Egypt- Questions were too specific

Overall...there goes my UAI. Come on early entry!!!!!

Herculaneum Street Scape???? The whole test was really hard. Thank fuk for bullshitting.

Did anyone else think the questions were too specific for the amount you had to write?

Christi-E

HSC
I feel fabulous about that exam.

Some of the questions were worth more than they should have been though- such as Hatshepsut's foreign policy.

Ramboysf5

HSC
i failed because i never got a chance to study properly

FUCKEN IPT GO DIE IN HELL

icelillies

In the twisted branches of the faraway tree
HSC
Dear god - my head is still aching from how carppy that exam was...I didn't studey for P+H (so my own fault) but what was this crap about reconstrructing the past - I was so ready fro a disgussion on 'to dig or not to dig'.

I think Persian society was OKAY but I waffled and with Xerxes I couldn't recall (on evaluating) anythin really monumental in his building projects *hangs head*

Ah well - that was ANCEINT HISTORY!!!!! (come on - somebody HAD to say that!)

Zeestylez

HSC
i wished i studied hard lol, coz it wasnt that bad
i know i stuffed up Xerxes really badly
made random things up for the rest lol

wat was with the lycurgus reforms in sparta?

HSC
epic win, except for Lycurgus reforms in sparta. was an awesome exam, and now i'm FINISHED!

HSC
trots24680 said:
P and H- was ok
Hatshepsut- Had nothing on foreign policy
Mycenaean- Stupid Questions
New Kingdom Egypt- Questions were too specific

Overall...there goes my UAI. Come on early entry!!!!!

Herculaneum Street Scape???? The whole test was really hard. Thank fuk for bullshitting.

Did anyone else think the questions were too specific for the amount you had to write?
yeah, the p&h questions were too specific, esp streetscape and amphitheatre. i was so lucky, at thestart of this year we each had to pick something from p or h and do a powerpoint and epic speech on it, and i picked the amphitheatre. sooooo happy!

and the warrior pharaoh question in new kingdom was too specific, i mean 25 marks? pffft. i did building program.

and foreign policy, i made stuff up. shouldnt have been 15, amun should have. but oh well, i like ancient :)

nearly everyone left early too :S

Cool-dude

HSC
N/A
The lycurgus reforms in sparta was the militaristic society and the Spartan government, 2 kings etc. Change the spartan way of life.

The higher order students usually contrast it to, before the Lycurgus reform was made and introduced. The spartan society beofre the Lycurgus reform was just as normal as all the other Greek city states.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
trots24680 said:
yeah def....far out!!.. for so many years the greek 500-440 were about as generic as they can get...but this yr they drop some shit bout SPARTA!!

thats my last exam...yet im not smiling!
anyone else see a problem with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)