Option: Communication (1 Viewer)

JosephW

HSC
What did everything think of it?

When I saw that 6 marker about the new insect and it's knee, I was like WTF. LoL, ended up making up some bullshit.

adnan91

HSC
JosephW said:

When I saw that 6 marker about the new insect and it's knee, I was like WTF. LoL, ended up making up some bullshit.
Pretty good. Didnt write as much as i expected

dolbinau

HSC
Made up bullshit for cochlea and future research + this question. But didn't fail completely.

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
JosephW said:

whats wrong with u??? tympanic membrane is a feature some insect use to detect sound gah how could people fuck that up it was easy

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
whats wrong with u??? tympanic membrane is a feature some insect use to detect sound gah how could people fuck that up it was easy
Yeah, that was the track I was on. Something about being able to detect sound vibrations in the environment from predators etc, and it's other purposes. It is a detection devise for sound (for this insect).

Last edited:

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
the questions, especially the longer ones like the 6 marker and the 7 i had to spend some time actually understanding it before putting pen to paper.

i think i did alright in the 7 mark question but i dont know if i covered everything they needed for the tympanic membrane question however i put in definitions etc.

how many pages did u guys use for the 7 mark qu?

HSC
i only just realised, but i wrote about tymbals rather than tympanic membranes. grrr... i made a few points, but now one of them will be invalid :( i hate hindsight.

adnan91

HSC
gloworm14 said:
the questions, especially the longer ones like the 6 marker and the 7 i had to spend some time actually understanding it before putting pen to paper.

i think i did alright in the 7 mark question but i dont know if i covered everything they needed for the tympanic membrane question however i put in definitions etc.

3 or 3.5 not sure

dolbinau

HSC
gloworm14 said:

7 mark I wrote about 2.5 pages. In the marking guidelines they always say weaker candidates wrote too much so I hope I'm not one of them!

For Tympanic membranes, I didn't put a clear cut definition! Guh! But I implied I knew what it was, I hope. Well I mean if I'm talking about sound I'm sure they'll get that impression. I hope. GUH I hate thinking about this LOL!!

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I wish there had been a bit more on the human eye - parts of the eye, its location and function. Or the use of rods and cones etc. Just a specific question on the human eye would have topped off the exam :( :eek:

Or the supralaryngeal vocal tract. The communication section was mainly about the ear and sound/hearing as a medium of communication etc.

Last edited:

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
membrane one just asked for how using experiment and secondary sources could u identify the structure as membrane.

no definitions needed? all u had to do outline experiment that would identify if the structure detected sound and use secondary sources of info of membranes and compare this to structure i mean not that hard

dolbinau

HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
membrane one just asked for how using experiment and secondary sources could u identify the structure as membrane.

no definitions needed? all u had to do outline experiment that would identify if the structure detected sound and use secondary sources of info of membranes and compare this to structure i mean not that hard
You give me hope!

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
obimoshman1234 said:

Yeah that's what I thought too...

pamauz91

HSC
N/A
I had more problems with (e) ... Made it all up...

Wrote 2 pages for (c)

Katieeee

HSC
I wrote about 2 pages for the 6 mark question, about 3.5/4 for the 7 mark one but I write fairly big in the exam booklets. In the 6 mark one did everyone else include things about the reliability and validity of secondary sources?

dolbinau

HSC
Katieeee said:
I wrote about 2 pages for the 6 mark question, about 3.5/4 for the 7 mark one but I write fairly big in the exam booklets. In the 6 mark one did everyone else include things about the reliability and validity of secondary sources?
I wrote about reliability/validity too.

Lordie

HSC
obimoshman1234 said:
no offence but that shit aint needed thats just waffling on and wont get u marks.
It is when it asks you to gather information from secondary sources. There is a big push for multiple sources to be obtained, to ensure information gathered to be reliable. So yes, indeed that is needed to obtain full marks!

HSC
Katieeee said:
yeah, i wrote look for information from reliable sources such as online scientific journals and stuff.

heeey, you're going to UOW. just a pre-warning in case you don't already live here, that it's the most boring place ever :sleep:

lil-monkey

HSC
JosephW said:

same. i had NEVER done that before. soooo pissed!!! 6marks down the drain.
i wish they asked more questions rather then bigger marked ones. i had soo much information in my head but had no possible place to put it down. wish they did more on the eye.
but i ended up finishing the exam like 1 1/2 to go. so i just kept going through the exam paper again and again. but did stupid mistakes in the mc and so got 13/15 :(
i hope i get a band 5/6 though, worked my ass off all yr(like the majority of people on here), and i want something to show it lol.

EDIT: omg im such an idiot. just remembered that it was 'eardrum' hahahahahahahahahaha so stupid. GRRRRRRRRRR oh well cant do anything bout it.
cheers

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)