How do i maximise my marks? (1 Viewer)

jaggy snake

HSC
Hi everyone,
I've just started Year 12. Picking Ext.1 English last year was something of a last-minute decision for me after I topped the year in English in Year 10. My marks in Year 11 were quite good:

Hand-in Essay on Frankenstein and Black Cat: 16/20

Dramatic Monologue as Character we created for short story: 26/30

Gothic Short Story: 17/20

Film Review on Psycho: 16/20

I would like to bring these marks up a little, to 17s and 18s as opposed to 16s and 17s, does anyone have any tips as to how I can do this? I believe I'm getting pretty much the same assessments this year, although obviously there's the HSC exam as well.

Thanks heaps.

TheMelissa

God Complex
HSC
You seem to do slightly better in creative responses than structured long response and essay tasks. I don't think anybody can really give you a run down of how to maximise your marks without a thorough look at what you're currently doing, but marks in your range suggest that your matter is sound-- you're probably losing marks because of expression and/or structure.

Don't be afraid to take your essays to your teacher and/or peers outside of class hours. HSC students develop excellent rappart with their teachers and teachers in turn are enthusiastic about helping keen students. Ask them what you lacked, why you lost your marks and how you could go about improving.

Keep at it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)