HELP!!! individual and society (1 Viewer)

sean_bouy

im using the movie Cape Fear and the poem, Soliloqouy of a Spanish cloister, by Robert Browning, its better to have related material of different text types, not just movies, and they say u should always have one written form of text

Dahvood

Originally posted by sean_bouy
Soliloqouy of a Spanish cloister, by Robert Browning
browning is a prescribed text... i wouldn't actually go down that line, of using another one of his poems...infact, is just one poem enough?

i'm doing Wuthering Heights, by Emily Bronte, Jude the Obscure and Tess of the D'Urbivilles by Thomas Hardy, and i really need to look at getting another set of poetry aswell...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
dahvood...why are u getting so many texts? like i know we're suposed to *know* lots but seirosly, don't stress yourself out learning too many. our teacher said that at the most they'll ask 3 supp. texts., and whether you've learnt 300 texts or 3 texts the examiners will not know..

im doing philip kaufman's film Quils
therese raquin by emile zola...
and for the hsc, (not for my trials cos i cbf'd) crime and punishment by fydor dostoevsky (russian dude)

some other good ones are Quills (the play), madame bovary, anna karenina, middlemarch...umm...
yeh

Dahvood

I studied both of thomas hardy's novels in year 11, so wuthering heights is the only one i've had to work through this year by my self.

seeing as that's 3 novels, i'd like another own-text that is of a different form...

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Stevenson's "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" (actually, i read the study guide instead ^_^)
and Shaw's "Pygmalion" (prelim text)

Princess

HSC
Individual and Society

I'm using A room with a view. You can use the novel (E.M Forster) or the film but its really really easy. Among other ones

Suggestions fromt eh Macq Uni Day:
  • Tennyson "Moored" (sp?)
  • Tennyson "Te Lady of Shallot"
  • Ibsen "An enemy of the people"
  • Also good idea to read Hedda Gabler just to understand Ibsen better or sometihng
  • "Wuthering Heights"
  • "Cranford"
  • Desrailles - "Cybill" (sp?)
  • "Howard's End" (author?)
  • Charles Dickens - "Great Expectations" - Pip's place in society
  • Anna Karenina

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)